The Skunky Dunk farm

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
here's the thing the fab pots arn't the real size of a plastic..... so you really................................................................................REALLY Should be going solo cup -2gal veg 5gl Flower then you only have to worry about the last few weeks for FOOD.....................................................................

I go clonex solution on paper towel, to rockwool plug to 1 gallon pot to bag.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Still only 2 girls.
What to do?
I could just drop them in the bag and veg them for 15 weeks.
MLI is an abundant yeilder.
Or I could give them away and start something new.
Or I could drop them both in a 15 gal bag and finish in a 2x4 tent under a single LED panel.
Or vape,,,,,,,,,

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

All other things equal, I think you'll notice a differance.
👍
Screenshot 20200123 105110 Chrome

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
The bonus I get from it is my veggie garden gets amended with 93 gals of great soil every 3 to 4 months.

This long bag I'm using now is on its 3rd gro. I get 4 to 5 out of them.
Laundry mat works great to deep clean them.
I have 2 old ones in the garden, we grow potatoes in them. The used soil from 1 grow lasts all season with zero nutes for the taters!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Our harvest is finally curing out.
We are very pleased with it!
Yield was perfect, ripeness is spot on.
The hits are very mellow!
Taste is easy and smooth, citrus with some deep musky hints. Very earthy.
Pleasant. And still an after taste of rubber.
The end.
Time to bust out the vacuum sealer.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
And for the next go I've changed plans.
I'm starting beans today,
4 Bruce Banner #3
4 Vagos skunk
4 Noble skunk
These are all regular seeds so there will be some small scale pollination attempted in the process.
Since I haven't grown these before I have no idea what might be created.

I'm still waiting to see if any more of the earlier plants will be gals. If not I at least want save pollen from the Afghani's.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
How many regular seeds do you plant to ensure you get at least one female? It's all I want, really, is 1 female of a few different strains at once.

Because I have the space and my wife and I both have a license I start 12, hope for 6.
Best I've got 10, worst is this time with 2.
I have 3 strains now, 12 of each so I started 4 from each to give me 12 and hope for the best.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I'll plant 3 regular seeds of each strain then. Some will go outside, the shorter plants will stay in my tiny tent. Its so awesome how different grows are for everyone. I have a 5 ft tall tent, so I have to flip at 4-5 weeks. Thank you!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Day 2;

Tic tok, tic tok!

I've got 20 hours in this grow so far and I'm already anxious.
It's been a while since I did a multi strain grow.
Got water barrel cleaned and PH'd.
Got tea brewer ready.

Waiting on root tips to crack those beans open!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Man, my honey do's are piling up and the closer to spring we get the bigger the list gets!
We will be replacing flooring and decking in our living room and hallway and I'm definitely am not looking forward to it.
I think my little wife thinks I'm still young!
And the veggie garden is starting to get a couple hours a day now too in prep for planting.

I'll go check on my beans here in a few and get them in rockwool.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Holy crap a lot has gone on since I last checked in here.

@SkunkyDunk, 49 oz. is insane, that is almost 10 oz. per plant. Silly question, do you throw it all together or do you keep the buds from each plant separate? Each seed has the potential to give you something different.

As for your lights you could set them up to they are in rigid sets of two, ultimately making the 2 550 boards you are "wishing" you had bought. Did you figure out how to mount the potentiometers away from the boards?

Sorry to hear you have got so few females from the seeds round. What did you chose to do with the two that were girls? Did you just chop the males down? You have some nice beans going now, I am intrigued by your search for skunk, it does seem to be a big thing these days. I get it though, that skunk flavor and aroma are truly unique and in a world dominated by OG, Chem, Cookies and Glue it is nice to have something different. I do hope you find the skunk you are looking for in those packs.

Now since you do everything from seed, what would happen if you find that real skunk flavor and aroma you are looking for? Would you consider keeping a mother plant if you found the "real" skunk you are looking for?

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Hey SG, I'll try to cover these items for you.
Expand your message.

Holy crap a lot has gone on since I last checked in here.

@SkunkyDunk, 49 oz. is insane, that is almost 10 oz. per plant. Silly question, do you throw it all together or do you keep the buds from each plant separate? Each seed has the potential to give you something different.

I'm kinda funny I guess, I just mix it all.
After cured I seal in 1/2 gall. jars.
And I just open them and treat it as a "street bag", and search for the good nugs!

As for your lights you could set them up to they are in rigid sets of two, ultimately making the 2 550 boards you are "wishing" you had bought.

Yes, I need to do something different on mounts, my bad.

Did you figure out how to mount the potentiometers away from the boards?

Not yet, I do have the drivers with the dimmers on a high shelf above the grow though and I'll mount an angle up there with holes to hold the dimmers.

Sorry to hear you have got so few females from the seeds round. What did you chose to do with the two that were girls? Did you just chop the males down?

They are still under lights, I'm contemplating pollen collection since the MLI is a true breeding strain as well as the 2 Afghani #1 plants.

You have some nice beans going now, I am intrigued by your search for skunk, it does seem to be a big thing these days. I get it though, that skunk flavor and aroma are truly unique and in a world dominated by OG, Chem, Cookies and Glue it is nice to have something different. I do hope you find the skunk you are looking for in those packs.

Now since you do everything from seed, what would happen if you find that real skunk flavor and aroma you are looking for? Would you consider keeping a mother plant if you found the "real" skunk you are looking for?

I've had so many times been promised the rank of Skunk, and have took way to many cuttings trying to catch one!
I didn't just start looking!
Sadly I have had it before but it's lost.
I will be taking cuttings from this round again though,,,,,,, we'll see, ha ha.

Top Bottom