The Skunky Dunk farm

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Closest I can get so far is old classic Motarebel and Mr. Nice (Shantibaba) hybrids.

Had some great hybrids bred with old sensei seed stock but i have no more access to those seeds.

Best strongest old school weed I have smoked was called African Ghanga. I suspect it was a strain called african black. It was super trippy and lasted for hours. maybe even speedy but for me in a good way.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm amazed at the difference between summer and winter grows.
Summer usually runs temps of 82 day, 70 night.
Winter temps 72 day, 63 nights.
The tricohmes are so much more dense from the cool nights!

I like to back away the lights a few inches during ripening. Helps preserve trichomes.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Closest I can get so far is old classic Motarebel and Mr. Nice (Shantibaba) hybrids.

Had some great hybrids bred with old sensei seed stock but i have no more access to those seeds.

Best strongest old school weed I have smoked was called African Ghanga. I suspect it was a strain called african black. It was super trippy and lasted for hours. maybe even speedy but for me in a good way.

Thanks for the info I'll take a look at those strains when I get a minute

Bud in that picture was the second best I've ever smoked, the best was a few years earlier it was Columbian Red & it was devastating:

you mentioned the real skunk#1, that's the first thing I looked for when I started growing again a few years ago but it's not around anymore sadly, after that it seems pretty much all the same now :/

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Yeah I raised them 4 days ago.
And I stopped giving them the additional MH light yesterday. They will finish out under just HPS (fall) light.
They are really frosting up now! I figure about 10 more days, my arthritic fingers aren't looking forward to trimming though.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the info I'll take a look at those strains when I get a minute

Bud in that picture was the second best I've ever smoked, the best was a few years earlier it was Columbian Red & it was devastating:

you mentioned the real skunk#1, that's the first thing I looked for when I started growing again a few years ago but it's not around anymore sadly, after that it seems pretty much all the same now :/

I dont think the real old school skunk was skunk 1. The super powerful skunk was a huge outdoor plant I got from some farmers in the woods of new jersey (likely pagans or hells angels) it had arm sized colas and smelled more of horribly rotton flowers than the road kill described now. There was no way to hide the smell. But it was more reminiscent of a dead skunk. A joint would devestate 5 experienced smokers. But not as clear and trippy as old mexican.

Skunk 1 is an afghan x skunk hybrid I believe.

The skunk 6 we used to get in South Park around 2000 was an indica hybrid like skunk 1 and smelled like a real skunk but had a much more narcotic fuzzy high.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Skunk #1 was originally by Sacred Seeds I believe and it was a 3 way cross between
Afghani, Columbian Gold and Acapulco Gold.
Sensi acquired cuttings and continued breeding. So I'm assuming it is the closest to original.
A lot of Skunk varieties were bred from this lineage which is mostly sativa.
And I'm from Cali, and I too remember the monster outdoor skunk you could smell at 1000 ft from the early 80's!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I dont think the real old school skunk was skunk 1. The super powerful skunk was a huge outdoor plant I got from some farmers in the woods of new jersey (likely pagans or hells angels) it had arm sized colas and smelled more of horribly rotton flowers than the road kill described now. There was no way to hide the smell. But it was more reminiscent of a dead skunk. A joint would devestate 5 experienced smokers. But not as clear and trippy as old mexican.

Skunk 1 is an afghan x skunk hybrid I believe.

The skunk 6 we used to get in South Park around 2000 was an indica hybrid like skunk 1 and smelled like a real skunk but had a much more narcotic fuzzy high.
I agree, what I had and worked with for 10 years smelled exactly like a skunk, a nasty dirty skunk! I couldn't even light it in the grow house, two puffs and you couldn't miss that scent all over the neighborhood

I've grown half a dozen different breeders skunk#1 in the last 4 years and none of it is close in smell, taste or power, the only time I've noticed that smell now, albeit very mildly was in some cheese, but these have just been my observations

Edit: as for power more than once I was accused of selling "treated" weed, whatever that meant? LOL

Last edited:
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
These seedlings were soaked in Clonex solution for 24 hours.
Then dropped into Rockwool plugs and set into 1 gallon pots with Great White in the hole, watered in and popped in a day.

I guess I need to shoot the seed bank a message about my Bruce Banner #3, they show label printed but nothing moving. It's been 7 days.

BigCube

BigCube

Is that the actual skunk number 1?

Everything I've had in the last 8 to 10 years that calls itself skunk number 1, is not skunk number 1. It's all been fruity, with almost zero skunk.

The skunk number 1 I remember from years ago was so strong smelling. It was overwhelming. Havent seen anything that calls isltself skunk come even close to it these days.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Yes mine smell tuity fruity right now at 7 1/2 weeks. These are variable in growth as they arent true F1 seeds. If allowed to mature 9+ weeks those skunk terps appear and continue to increase.
It is a sativa dominant strain (65-35 I think) and does need longer flower than described to get the stink.
As for "real" , who can really say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom