The Trasher's Sunny Corner of Dank

• Thread starter Trash_2002
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Veg tent cleaned and ready to receive the Cheese Riders Clones (S1? bag seed) , waiting for roots to show.

View attachment 1988695

3 Days 12/12

Feed'em today with EC 1750 uS/cm PH 6.2 - 40L - 4L/pot
Flora Nova Grow + Great White again, this is my "presoak" routine to really saturate that dry peat! now for the rest of the flower no more grow fert neither Great White.
In veg I use Great white every other week for the whole veg time.

PWR's

View attachment 1988694

CD's (have to finish drain their trays)

View attachment 1988693
Nice setup bro

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Celestial Dragon ready for cure,
Earthy Bomb and sweet gas, tastes like it smells, amazing terpeno profile.
Cds

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

6 days Flower Now @600-650ppfd
VPD is floating aroung 0.9 to 1.1 kpa from start (lower air temps) to finish (higher air temps) of the lights on period.
This ramping VPD effect was much less noticeable with HPS because it started the lights on period much hotter already.

Pots were lighter already feed'em:

TA Nova Max Bloom EC 1750uS (~70ml/40L)
AN Big Bud Liquid EC 100 uS (~25ml/40L)
total EC 1850uS - PH'ed to 6.2

All plants Seems to be stretching less with leds and branching much more, i'm liking it so far.

Powerades are flying, filling it up fast!

PWRs

Celestial Dragons are going ok for the most part.. there's one witch is lag'n behind a little, i think it suffered a little with the transplant, first time after multiple runs i see a CD acting like this, hoping for a fast recover, the other 4 CD's are flying too.

CDs

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

10 days Flower

both cultivars started to show some tip burn after last feed, too high EC, i think plants need less EC with LED's? Looks like to be the case here in my environment.

Feed them today, backed off ~10% on the base ferts:
TA Novamax Bloom EC 1550uS
AN Big Bud liquid EC 100uS
Total EC 1650uS - PH 6.2

PWR's

Pwr 10 days

CD's

Cds 10 days

T

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Plants under this LED's doesn't look like to get that full green leafs MH/HPS bulbs brings easily in plants, still not sure why, full spectrum/Different beastly light source, Environment needs more tweaking ? eventually i will figure it out tho.
But the internodal distance is shortened a lot that's for sure, pwr's are loving it, cd's not too much so far, hope they bring the punch soon lol.

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Well now that the tip burn progressed after lowering the EC I thought wrong it's not over fert, it's 99% sure of a potassium deficiency/lockout starting more severely on CDs but some affected leaves of PWRs too, my water is only EC 60-80 uS, almost soft water, never had any problem with it running HPS, but now I think I need to bring the tap water EC to something like 150-200uS with calmag, with leds in my setup soft water seems to be a recipe for nutrients deficiency and lockouts if not adding additional calmag to it. We will see.

Tomorrow going to the store get some calmag see if it will help with soft water and to unlock potassium deficiency.
20230611 094944

Last edited:
B

BillyBanchan

... but now I think I need to bring the tap water EC to something like 150-200uS with calmag, with leds, soft water I think it's a recipe for nutrients deficiency and lockouts if not adding additional calmag. We will see.

View attachment 1992141

Interesting... I wonder (since you're running 50/50 peat/perlite), how much your medium differs from coco/perlite in terms of needing CalMg?

Also, are you using humic/fulvic acid supplements?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Interesting... I wonder (since you're running 50/50 peat/perlite), how much your medium differs from coco/perlite in terms of needing CalMg?

Also, are you using humic/fulvic acid supplements?

TA Nova Max bloom has Humic Acid in it already as a additional chelator.
Peat/Perlite has a better CEC than coco, in theory it should hold more and also exchange more cal/mag also other macro-micro nutrients. But i start to think that the LEDs grows needing more cal/mag supplementation is true, principally with almost soft tap water.

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Learning quite a bit on this thread, very nice.
that's the number one reason i opened up this journal,, as i learn the switch to LED after all this years with HPS i thought someone could use this to get a quick start after my findings and problems overcome, i wish i haven't got any problems but that's not how life works LOL

Also i can't go back to HPS so i'm in this LED stuff for the long ride, gonna make this work no matter what :-)

Temperatures are already ~2c higher overall than with HPS since the start of the flower to help with transpiration and cause lack of IR in LEDS. (ranging from 25c-27c air temps) VPD is pretty much perfect for flower start (0.9-1.1kpa), PPFD too, around 650ppfd atm.
Now i think I have the cal/mg problem many people had with leds too, we shaw see.
This could be also the reason i'm not getting that full green leaves with LED.

I will not lie i was warned by some friends about this cal/mg issue with leds also read a lot of cases of it.. just though, hell lets try without it, one less product to buy if no problems occur.
cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom