The Trasher's Sunny Corner of Dank

• Thread starter Trash_2002
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
if things get worse with calimagic and higher EC will dim lights to 60% for 1 or 2 weeks and rethink feeding schedule.
rulling out one variable at a time :-)
It’s the best way to approach it, keep a keen eye and knock each pin down accordingly. Making the switch has to be a bit of a dynamic learning curve, but you seem to have your shit together homie. Myself, I’ve been under them a looooong time now, it’s kinda like switching grow mediums, the plants want different things at different times. It’s all subjective to each strain for the most part anyways. It’s been cool watching your thread man.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
if things get worse with calimagic and higher EC will dim lights to 60% for 1 or 2 weeks and rethink feeding schedule.
Dealing with one variable at a time :-)
And also, the potassium will pop up on you from time to time too, some strains can’t get enough of the shit mid-late flower under led.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

Kind of a bumpy road switching to LED's for flowering tho, but i'm gonna get it dialed in, we are persistent. 😎
This is the lab test run LOL
Went with two genetics im familiar with and did multiple HPS harvests with and still got some bumps.
LED's are a different kind of animal, very strong lights that's for sure.

I had no idea there's so many seasoned growers out there that have only just made the transition to using LEDs. I assumed everyone was using them these days.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I had no idea there's so many seasoned growers out there that have only just made the transition to using LEDs. I assumed everyone was using them these days.
i was really reluctant for at least 5 years to make the switch for flowering with LED's (made the switch to veggin with LED's 5 years ago tho), i waited for very long so that the technology could keep up with HPS, even now that the tech got good i only switched because i was forced to do it LOL

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

21 days flower

The real problem was too much light too soon, i think the most common problem when going to LED's ?, because last week i decided to lower lights to 60% too and they got much better, but the increase in food didn't seem to be helping much, in fact the tip burns got a little worse again.

Still not convinced that plants under LED's really need more food. Steeping back on food again and letting them one more week with lights at 60% to complete 4 weeks than i will raise it to 80% and see how they like it.

This lights makes plants strech less and be more branchy than HPS, but with too much light intensity problem at start they didn't grown as much as they should and didn't filled 100% the canopy space, flower onset was slower too off course, celestial dragon got a different structure more open and much less strech than normal, powerades not much different structure just shorter and closer internodes overall, because of that for this first run i'm not expecting same yield as with HPS at all, but its ok there's always next run to make it better :-)

They got their last light defoliation today.

feed'em
GH Calimagic 200uS (~10ml/40L)
TA Novamax Bloom 1300uS (~65ml/40L)
AN Big Bud 150uS (~40ML/40L)

Total EC 1650uS - PH 6.2

PWR's
Pwr 21 days

CD's
Cd 21 days

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I agree LEDs can be finicky. My first run, I assumed I could go full blast at 100% because it looks comparable in brightness to MH. But man is that a no no.

I usually keep mine at 60% until flower and will increase it 5% every 3 days until I reach 100%. It’ll stay at 100% for a couple of weeks and bring it back down near the end.

First time I started 12/12 at 100% and within a week started getting N and Mag deficiency. Reduced lights and kept the same feeding and was able to save it, but yeah it’s definitely a learning curve.

Girls are looking absolutely stunning 🤩

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I agree LEDs can be finicky. My first run, I assumed I could go full blast at 100% because it looks comparable in brightness to MH. But man is that a no no.

I usually keep mine at 60% until flower and will increase it 5% every 3 days until I reach 100%. It’ll stay at 100% for a couple of weeks and bring it back down near the end.

First time I started 12/12 at 100% and within a week started getting N and Mag deficiency. Reduced lights and kept the same feeding and was able to save it, but yeah it’s definitely a learning curve.

Girls are looking absolutely stunning 🤩
Exactly... even with same ppfd as MH at start of 12/12 LEDs works way different, plants gets over saturated with light easily if not let them get used to the big bars.
With MH i could start flower at 550-600 ppfd (i used the MH for the strech phase) without any issue, but i learned my lesson and will start next run at 60% (450-500 ppfd) and slowly increase during first 3-4 weeks to 750-900ppfd.

645w LEDs bars are just crazy strong lol, i'm not even sure if I will get to use it at 100% in the future tho. 80% @50-60cm from canopy seems to be the sweet spot for late flowering, will test and see as usual hehehe

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Exactly... even with same ppfd as MH at start of 12/12 LEDs works way different, plants gets over saturated with light easily if not let them get used to the big bars.
With MH i could start flower at 550-600 ppfd (i used the MH for the strech phase) without any issue, but i learned my lesson and will start next run at 60% (450-500 ppfd) and slowly increase during first 3-4 weeks to 750-900ppfd.

645w LEDs bars are just crazy strong lol, i'm not even sure if I will get to use it at 100% in the future tho. 80% @50-60cm from canopy seems to be the sweet spot for late flowering, will test and see as usual hehehe
It’s always better to have a supercharged big block than a carbureted small block 😂

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Ghetto Rig to mix air around better and bring that needed heat down on the plants, LEDs are inverted coming from my old world of heat dynamics, it almost defies laws of physics 🤣 LOL :-)

Installed one in each tent.

View attachment 1996432
Sheeeeeit playa, ain’t nuffin hoodrich bout that thugs azz fan. It be anti-caliente contingency haberdashery. A mouse lives in my top hat.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Cheese Riders (S1?) Bag Seed Clones

Feed'em
GH Floranova Grow 685uS - PH 6.2

Going slowly but surely,
These are very slow veggers by nature, but make up for it in flowering tho. Dense Snow Buds.
They don't require no management at all, no topping no training just a little lollipopping and very little defoliation in flower.
Very Strong Cultivar can take a lot of light a lot of food, just about anything goes with her.

CR S1 clones bag seed

Top Bottom