The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecompost

Ecompost

if you cant tank in CO2 and want a really easy product that will help you manage a little better, plus when its not so hot anyway, the product boosts photon carrying, so processes more light, grows faster, bigger, heavier

Ecompost

Ecompost

I'll set the dehumidifier to 55% so n see how it goes but I'm not even seeing heat stress tbh
nice, thats great news bro, we dont want to see stress, to be honest, once the root zone gets above 34c you will really struggle, but if you can keep the roots cooler than the air you have there, you will be really helping. Only when the roots get warm does the plant stall its activity because all the other life also stalls, eg those little root microbes everyone has, even rockwool dudes :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

The other thing i tend to do in times leading to increased heat is add a Protozoa based Organic root tea.
here is why if you can be arsed.....
Why add a Protozoa tea?
The capacity of bacteria and protozoa to mineralize soil nitrogen was studied in microcosms with sterilized soil with or without wheat plants. The effect of small additions of glucose or ammonium nitrate or both, twice a week was also tested. Plant dry weight and N-content, number of microorganisms and biomass plus inorganic N were determined after 6 weeks.
The introduction of plants profoundly influenced the N transformations. In the presence of root-derived carbon, much more N was mineralized from the organic matter and immobilized mainly in plant biomass. “Total observable change in biomass N plus inorganic N” was negative in the unvegetated soils without additions, while a mineralization of 1.7 mg N microcosm−1 was observed in microcosms with wheat plants grown with bacteria only. When protozoa were included, the N taken up by plants increased by 75%. Sugar additions resulted in an 18% increase of total N in the shoots when protozoa were present, but had no significant effect in the absence of grazers. Plants with the same root weight were more efficient in their uptake of inorganic N when protozoa were present. Plants grown with protozoa also had a lower R/S ratio, indicating a less stressed N availability situation. The lowest ratio was found with N additions in the presence of protozoa.
The results indicate that, with energy supplied by plant roots or with external glucose additions, soil bacteria can mineralize N from the soil organic matter to support their own growth. Grazing of the bacteria is necessary to make bacterial biomass N available for plant uptake.

mancdank

mancdank

I'll set the dehumidifier to 55% so n see how it goes but I'm not even seeing heat stress tbh
Are u working in a tent bro u might wanna pick up a ac and put it on the outside of the tent so the air that is coming in is cold it's worked for me everytime. If the air your bringing in is warm u will be pissing against the wind trying to control it with anything on the inside like trying to put the ac in the tent or over sized ruk fan with built in Speen and temp control for outlet and inlet is my preferred method but if u have already got all your bits a ac for about £150 will be probably the cheapest option. Also it won't do any harm keeping them roots cool if u have your nute tank in the room u might wanna freeze some bottles of water or get some ice cube bags. Hope this helps

R3LaX

R3LaX

nice, thats great news bro, we dont want to see stress, to be honest, once the root zone gets above 34c you will really struggle, but if you can keep the roots cooler than the air you have there, you will be really helping. Only when the roots get warm does the plant stall its activity because all the other life also stalls, eg those little root microbes everyone has, even rockwool dudes :)
Oh I've a 9" fan just for the lower canopy but fingers crossed

Desertboy

Desertboy

Fuckin he'll lads my temps have been in the early 30s the last few days..hoping all the fans in there will help some bit but so far no stress signs

I'm hitting temps in mid thirties at moment in the day but will go flower by weekend. I can see this will be a 30c+ grow ;)

Especially come mid july when I'm flushing.

Desertboy

Desertboy

If the air in the room is hot all a oscillatting fan is guna do is move hot air about it won't cool your room

Not so important to horizontal grows but for verticals the fan evens out the temperature differential (Hot air rises) so you don't get hot spot at the top of the tent.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Im also struggling keeping my temps below 30°C. Except when the tent is partially open with lights on. Then I'm at 27 and lower. But my humidity never drops below 50% and I can always bump it up to 90's if need be.

Limonene

Limonene

Has anyone here used this product? My mate at the local hydro shop said you see an amazing reaction from the plants when it's used and he's not easily impressed. Before I get a big explanation, I understand HOW it works, I've used mycorrhizae before I'm just looking for people who've used this particular product.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Shit man I've got 5000watts blasting and I'm at 23c at my root zone!

That's impressive for parabolics when I air cooled my lighting I never had issues but I had the cool tubes on their own circuit drawing air from outside the grow room through the tubes and out the roof through tile vents.

Running bare bulb I wouldn't dare run more than 1kw at moment. My ventilation leaves a lot to be desired though ;)

I assume you're not running AC just got decent fans sucking in and out and vents direct to outside.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Also my temps are high with lights on and measured between the canopy and lights. Root zone is cooler and nigt temps are at 20-22°. Can't wait to move in the basement.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Also my temps are high with lights on and measured between the canopy and lights. Root zone is cooler and nigt temps are at 20-22°. Can't wait to move in the basement.

Can you get running water to the grow room?
Can you run it back to drain?
Are you on a meter?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Can you get running water to the grow room?
Can you run it back to drain?
Are you on a meter?

I'm in our bedroom so no water. The best i can do is keep the cool mist humidifier filled with teally cold water. And leave the tent open with the lights on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom