The White Widow Challenge: Day 1

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

hey Roy, glad to be aboard. i am glad that you disagree with on certain parts of my prognosis, to me it shows that you're actively seeking solutions as oppose to just going by what a member says.

my reasons for addressing the transplant (part of your) issue was from the info i collected from your post, going from cups to 40 gallons is very tricky if not detrimental.
your ph from your runoff (coming out) is the source of the issues in the last two pics, it's too low. let them dry out almost completely and water until your runoff is around 6.3- 6.5.
on an overall scale, being that im a newbie myself, i would say your doing good. you're not going to get it all down pact on just one or two grows, so just keep doing what your doing and it will come to you.
this site is a great, if not, the best place to learn from. just as simple as you joining and being as active as you are, shit you're ahead of the game as we speak.
gl on the rest of the run

catdaddy

catdaddy

oh forgot to mention, the next water/feed cycle it would be best if you make a ph low ppm solution to flush them out, somewhere are 6.5 ph and 200-250ppms. i know i said plain water but a low ph solution would do you better. remember just flush until you reach the target ph (6.3-6.5)

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

yo cat, wazup?

i actually decided to flush 'em both... the 5.0-4.5 ph results i had for them earlier are too low..:( will post results later

...you said that going from cups to 40 gallons is very tricky, shit yeah it's tricky but what other alternative do you have? i wish i had transplanted these cups directly in the 40g pots instead of the 4g ones (couldn't get my hands on the big pots on time) i think i'd have better results right now... don't you think?

thx for sharing and for the solid info bro!

peace

catdaddy

catdaddy

yeah if the plant that your transplanting doesn't have a good root system it could be deadly. the key to transplanting is to moist the new soil and let the soil the plant is in go almost dry. by the time the soil completely dries out the roots should have spread out quite far, due to the fact that you gave it just enough water to grow in and start to search for more moisture.
honestly i only had one problem when transplanting and that was during my very first grow. ever since then i only tp when my soil is about 80% dry.
also the confusion comes in where you stated in your post that you went from cups to 40 gallons then 4.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

no man... i mean... as i see it i transplanted to 4g for nothing, i'd be better off transplanting directly from cups to 40g... that's what i meant.

catdaddy

catdaddy

no man... i mean... as i see it i transplanted to 4g for nothing, i'd be better off transplanting directly from cups to 40g... that's what i meant.
oh ok. yeah you're outdoors so 4 gals isn't really saying too much. it's your first time, so you know how to prepare for next year. chalk it up as a learning experience, we all go through it in one way or another.

vaporedout

vaporedout

so far im enjoying your thread. how are the MJ laws there?? i grew out ww in california, and loved it!! she is a sweet smelling girl. love the cat in the pic too, very cool looking. cant wait to see those things in flower! good luck

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

so far im enjoying your thread. how are the MJ laws there?? i grew out ww in california, and loved it!! she is a sweet smelling girl. love the cat in the pic too, very cool looking. cant wait to see those things in flower! good luck

thx man. laws here are pretty strict much like in the US, luckily our jail system is still not private so there isn't a real interest of locking you up to make MORE MONEY! it all depends on the situation but most of the time you wont go to jail for growing illegally...

the cat is cool... his a friend of mine... we raised him since birth cause his whore of a mother ran away when he was like 3 days... waiting to see it flowering too but i still hope i'll get some more veg time.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Some pics...;)
Picture 441
Picture 447
Picture 392
Picture 391
Picture 396
Picture 397
Picture 406
Picture 412
Picture 416
Picture 426
Picture 441

M

Magic Rabbit

Hey yall. Im not use to this site. Wassups Bros n ladies. The one n only is on point again... N HIGH as a MF....
603600 482799391750078 832874852 n

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

yo rabbit, nice to see you here ... nice looking plant;) widow?

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

#10 is a male:eek: i had to pull it out...

Picture 512
Picture 510

and then there were 9... i guess 100% fem seeds isn't a 100% after all...:mad:

well...actualy i expected at least 10% will turn out to be males cause its the 1st time i'm dealing with this seedbank (amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com) + some of them, including this one were pretty stressed @ various points of the grow, which may have contributed to the sexing process... so i guess statistically, i'm still winning...;)

Oceanside

Oceanside

#10 is a male:eek: i had to pull it out...

View attachment 246432View attachment 246433

and then there were 9... i guess 100% fem seeds isn't a 100% after all...:mad:

well...actualy i expected at least 10% will turn out to be males cause its the 1st time i'm dealing with this seedbank (amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com) + some of them, including this one were pretty stressed @ various points of the grow, which may have contributed to the sexing process... so i guess statistically, i'm still winning...;)
I imagine the stress played a big role! And it sure does look like true males as opposed to Hermi's! And these were fems Roy?
OC

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

btw; i have nothing bad to say about this seedbank. their service was effective and delivery was swift... about the genetics... we'll see;)

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

hi fellas, took some shots 2day... some of them are done stretching

IMG 1174

IMG 1175

IMG 1202

IMG 1195

IMG 1204

i still have some deficiencies issues but hopefully, with my help, they'll come around soon...;)

IMG 1179
IMG 1195
IMG 1174
IMG 1186
IMG 1202
IMG 1195
Top Bottom