The White Widow Challenge: Day 1

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

It's week 3, and things are going well. #11 has hatched but looks real strange and deformed... i'm looking forward to see if it'll pick up;

Ww cup 11 deformed a

Ww cup 11 deformed c

Ww cup 11 deformed d

Ww cup 11 deformed e

Ww cup 11 deformed b

Other than that, most of 'em grew quite significantly, #5's overall height has developed from 5.5cm to 8.5cm, the most intense leaf growth is shown by #2's 2nd leaf set which had grown from 1cm to 2.1 cm from week two to week three respectively.

all of the plants except 2,3 and 5 now has their 4th set of leaves, transplanting will come very soon, i'm still waiting for the roots to develop a bit more...:cool:

Ww cup 1
Ww cup 2
Ww cup 3
Ww cup 5
Ww cup 6
Ww cup 7
Ww cup 8
Ww cup 9
Ww cup 10
Ww cup 11
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Looks good bro, that first one did look like it has a leaf deformation, but hopefully it grows out of it within a few days.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

The White Widow Challenge: Day 50 :confused: I've got some problems...

had to wait for the big pots to arrive as i ordered them from a local greenhouse so meanwhile i transplanted from cups to 10x1 gallon pots, i pretty much had to do it but didn't count on the shock and slow of growth resulting from these transplants, as i see it they all suffered from at least 1 weak growth setback.

#11 was weak from the beginning and it doesn't look so good right now, but i hope it'll pick up..

the transplant to the 1 gallon pots was on July 7 but i've only started to feed them 3 days ago. right now i'm feeding them with HESI products; SuperVit, Root Complex and PowerZyme, my first feed peaked at 500 ppm/0.7 ec which is about 25% of the recommended dosage by HESI.

i didn't wanna go fullon from the start cause HESI tests their products on distilled water which contains bout 25-40 ppm instead of my tap water that contains 400-470 ppm.

in addition, last couple of weeks were Damn Hot!:eek: we had 6 days of more than 35c and 3 days over 42c (107f)...

as of now, all of them are pretty much showing the same symptoms; some of their older leaves are burned at the tip inwards and some of the newer leaves has scorched vanes and easy burns.. i know its not the nuts as all of them looked pretty much similar before the first fed.

i wanna transplant them again into 150L pots (i wanted 200L but it was biggest one i could get at the time) asap but i don't wont to put extra pressure on them if they are suffering from something serious... it doesn't looks like it, but i still want to monitor them for a couple of days before transplanting...

Picture 204
Picture 221
Picture 236
Picture 165
Picture 142
Picture 83
Picture 75
Picture 29
Picture 121
Picture 190
Picture 208
Picture 223
Picture 183
Picture 152
Picture 47
Picture 61
Picture 69
Picture 132
Picture 200
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You know what bro, after looking at your pics, there not as bad as you made it sound. There 7 weeks old and you just gave them nutes for the 1st time. Alot of the spots were on the older and lower leaves, so just cut them off from the stem. I think it could be a combination of things, 1st you have some nutrient deficiency, either P or K, the other thing is the heat, like you said its been really hot, so make sure you water as they need. Also, do you check your Ph?? If not then you should get a Ph pen, if you can't get one at least get a cheap Ph test kit for around $10 at a Wal-Mart type store (I'm not sure what they have in Isreal). Test your Ph because you can use a 1/2 tsp/gallon of white vinegar and it wil drop your Ph around 1.5 points. If your Ph is too high or low it will lockout certain nutrients and cause deficiencies. I would up the dosage of nutrients to half strength in about a week and prune some of the bottom branches on all your plants.

So just check out all of those different aspects I listed above and you should be able to pin point the culprit(s). I know I said alot, sorry about that, but just check 1 issue at a time until you figure out whats causing those necrosis spots. Oh yeah, do you put your tap water out for 1-2 days without any lid to allow the chlorine to evaporate?? If not then you should start doing that. Also, give them nutrients at least 2 times a week, there old enough to take it, good luck and if I confused you just let me know and I'll clear things up.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

You know what bro, after looking at your pics, there not as bad as you made it sound. There 7 weeks old and you just gave them nutes for the 1st time. Alot of the spots were on the older and lower leaves, so just cut them off from the stem. I think it could be a combination of things, 1st you have some nutrient deficiency, either P or K, the other thing is the heat, like you said its been really hot, so make sure you water as they need. Also, do you check your Ph?? If not then you should get a Ph pen, if you can't get one at least get a cheap Ph test kit for around $10 at a Wal-Mart type store (I'm not sure what they have in Isreal). Test your Ph because you can use a 1/2 tsp/gallon of white vinegar and it wil drop your Ph around 1.5 points. If your Ph is too high or low it will lockout certain nutrients and cause deficiencies. I would up the dosage of nutrients to half strength in about a week and prune some of the bottom branches on all your plants.

So just check out all of those different aspects I listed above and you should be able to pin point the culprit(s). I know I said alot, sorry about that, but just check 1 issue at a time until you figure out whats causing those necrosis spots. Oh yeah, do you put your tap water out for 1-2 days without any lid to allow the chlorine to evaporate?? If not then you should start doing that. Also, give them nutrients at least 2 times a week, there old enough to take it, good luck and if I confused you just let me know and I'll clear things up.

Thanks for all of your good advice man. You're right, they don't look so that bad... Setting this burn\deficiency aside, they're looking pretty good overall ;)

I'm watering with 6.5 ph level water from the start, i'm using a pen i bought from ebay for 6$, but only started getting rid of the chlorine from the last watering... don't know how did i miss that detail but no chlorine from now on. What ph level do you recommend for this grow btw? from my research, the ph level variation (6-7) is based on the strain's specific properties and is adjusted by examining the plant's reaction... if you know of a better level for growing widows i'd like to here it.

i'm hoping to pinpoint this problem later today by checking soil acidity- water\runoff ph and ppm...

what do you think about transplanting them to the large pots (40 gallon each) at this point?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think your Ph is just about perfect at 6.5 for soil, its ok if it fluctuates to 6.6 or 6.3, but I wouldn't let it go further then that. Considering the size of them and how much time is left in the grow season, I don't think there roots would even use the entire 40 gallon pots. Maybe 20 gallons or something like that, or 2 plants per 40 g pot (if they are wide enough). I noticed you said earlier that they had a bad shock from the last transplant, so if you do it make sure you water them in good with nutes, but you definately can't leave them in those little 1 gallon pots for too much longer because there roots are highly restricted.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

What's cracin' farmers???

there they are after 2 days of transplanting from 1g to 40g pots...

DSCF0282

DSCF0281

DSCF0279

DSCF0280

Generally, i think they took it well...

Right now im feeding @ 550ppm/0.8 ec, i've added Hesi TNT Complex which is a PK nute, they seem to respond well to it...

So guys... what do you say, do they look healthy to you? and big enough for their age (planted on June 1)?

I haven't done any pruning\topping yet just cut off the small lower\damaged leaves and due to their age, and considering the 1 week of potential shock, should I prune and top now?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They look healthy, I wouldn't waste time pruning and/or topping because there isn't much time left for vegetative growth and you what them to focus on root and foliage growth, not recovering from being topped. They probably don't need much of the PK right now, but once you see bud development thats when they really need it. There actually really small for being almost 2 months old, but they still look healthy and green. How much sun do they get on a daily basis?? Also, what is the NPK ratio of the nutes your using and at what strength do you use them??

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

i've started feeding at the beginning of week #7, i'm using HESI's recipe which for now is composed of:

Root Complex ; a root stimulator nute, trace elements and enzymes, not NPK based
Supervit ; concentrated growth hormones stimulator
PowerZyme ; trace elements
TNT Complex ; NPK 3-2-3 nutrient (sorry for the typo... (N)PK....)

they are outdoors and getting plenty of sun... we dont lack on sunlight over here...

i think the biggest growth setback thus far was the early transplant to the 1g pots and the fact that i didn't start feeding them as early as i should..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Your right, the Pro mix your using doesn't contain alot of nutrients compared to something like Ocean Forest, so the lack of nutes plus the transplant probably slowed growth alot. They should start to take off with those nutes your using and the TNT looks good with 3-2-3, I thought you meant something like 0-5-5 at first lol.

Everything should go smooth from here on out, you got good nutes and big pots, just what you need for outdoor grows, good luck and keep us updated.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

whats up guys?

it's the end of week #8, and my girls are growing bigger and stronger by the day :) my 1st girl grew about 4.5" in height sinc the transplant to 40g about a week ago... but three of my girls are showin some weird disfigurements.

Picture 278

Picture 270

This one is really starting to look real bad...:(

Picture 265

Picture 257

Picture 253

Picture 250

i think its a combination of genetic disfigurements and some kind of a nutrient deficiency. the reason i think some of it is genetic is that these plants had the same disfigurements all along the grow, plus some of them are growing and looking well except this one deformity where half of the leaf is about 1/2 the size of the other half of the leaf... which is creating an effect of a crescent looking leaf.

i'd appreciate your opinion on this...

anyway here are some pics of the better looking ones...:D

Picture 297

Picture 287

Picture 283

Picture 295

and this is the food im giving them atm @ 650 ppm;

Picture 243

thx guys!

Picture 240
Picture 273
Picture 256
Picture 250
M

Magic Rabbit

Hi fellers, just got em' babies. 10+20 white widow feminized seeds. I'ts going to be a real challenge trying to grow this strain in middle eastern climate, but I'm learning a lot and hoping to learn more from better growers.

I've never encountered neither have I heard of this strain being grown or sold in Israel so if I make it, I'll probably have a nationally unique product:D

The bank even through me an extra free seed so i actually got 21 free seeds, one of them doesn't look too good but I'll probably test it soon enough.

The envelope actually arrived from Amsterdam much sooner than I expected so I'm pretty happy:

View attachment 221844

View attachment 221845

View attachment 221846

gonna put em in cups real soon.
Good luck with ur widows. Ive got 1 of them in vegatative stage at 8 weeks and Im really looking forward to when she starts to flower.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Good luck with ur widows. Ive got 1 of them in vegatative stage at 8 weeks and Im really looking forward to when she starts to flower.

cool. nice to see another widow grower around here...;) post some pics dude i'd love to see your girl. best of luck to ya!

Oceanside

Oceanside

Looks like the show will soon start rf2!!! Nice work homeslice.. I have some G13 widows in veg at this time. I will get some pics up for you soon.

Peace
OC

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Looks like the show will soon start rf2!!! Nice work homeslice.. I have some G13 widows in veg at this time. I will get some pics up for you soon.

Peace
OC

hey OC, thx for stopping by man! i've never smoked the G13 cross... is it any good?

watching pics of yours in veg would be awesome btw:)

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

its week 9...

Picture 341

Picture 333

Picture 311

btw the one on the right was planted on the middle of march and still isn't showing signs of flowering... WTF? don't know but this girl is one bad ass, resilient plant i watered it with 8.2-8.5 ph water until she was 3 months old...
Picture 316

did a runoff check to the two with the curly, crescent like disfigurements. results:

ph (in)=6.5
ph (out)=5.20
ppm in=655
ppm out=276

Picture 321

ph (in)=6.5
ph (out)=4.5-5.1
ppm in=655
ppm out=281

Picture 327

results are pretty solid right...? so wtf? except this deformity\deficiency... they're growing @ a real nice rate...

my #1 btw is 42cm high already which means an average height growth of about 1" a day since transplant...:)

catdaddy

catdaddy

nice thread you got going. with all the solid info Lex is dishing out you should do good when all is said and done.
as for your some of your problems, from your readings, your issues stems from the low ph. you should just water with plain ph h20 until you get a decent amount of runoff. after you get the runoff make sure you drain the excess water, i normally tilt mines over for 10-15 mins after i do a flush.
also i think your problems started to exist when you went from little pots to the big pots too soon. i am pretty sure they have not completely filled out the pots that they're in and feeding that high only makes it worst, so i've read. hopefully things turn around for the best and gl from here on out.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

nice thread you got going. with all the solid info Lex is dishing out you should do good when all is said and done.
as for your some of your problems, from your readings, your issues stems from the low ph. you should just water with plain ph h20 until you get a decent amount of runoff. after you get the runoff make sure you drain the excess water, i normally tilt mines over for 10-15 mins after i do a flush.
also i think your problems started to exist when you went from little pots to the big pots too soon. i am pretty sure they have not completely filled out the pots that they're in and feeding that high only makes it worst, so i've read. hopefully things turn around for the best and gl from here on out.

Yo cat, thx for stopping by man!... as for the solid info Lex is "dishing out" for me, i am greatly appreciating his vast knowledge and his non-ego attitude... i think we would all grow bigger and better if we drop ego aside and share our knowledge:rolleyes: ALL PROPS TO YOU LEX YOU ARE A TRUE MJ FARMER!! having said that- no one is dishing me with anything, i'm studying hard and experimenting on my own investment\experience, so for better or worse and even if my yield will come out 3 wet grams per plant, I worked my ass off and taking a huge risk pulling this off, which i'm sure are elements every mj grower goes through, so you know what im talking about...

as for the ph issue, are you saying that 6.5 ph level for the water is too low? and if so, whats "plain ph h20"? tap water? or do you mean clean (6.5) PH'd water without nutes?

regarding the source of my current problems, i respectfully disagree with your prognosis. my problems started due to the late 1st transplant from cups to 4g pots... to make things shorter; i transplanted from cups about one week too late.- this stage slowed growth for at least two precious weeks.

when I re-transplanted to 40g pots, all plants besides #11 and #10 were pretty filled on roots, as you can see in the pics, the 4g pots aren't completely filled out, i actually had about 0.8g (about 3l) of soil in each pot.

there is also the problem of starting feeding too late which also contributed to lack of volume on my ladies.

because i'm new to MJ growing and even newer to this strain, i really got no 100% accurate perspective on how big, thick, branchy etc. they're supposed to be @ this stage. So how back are they to your opinion?

THANKS GUYS!!!

Top Bottom