theherbalizor downtime!

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

Preach it leadplant! I use Darik's Boot and Nuke myself. Get whatever "must have" data off of the hard drive in CD or DVD form---that way you can scan it before loading it back onto the clean hard drive. Download DBN, it works from boot. Then allow it to run TILL IT'S FINISHED. May be a day or two----really. But this will bring your hard drive back to a conditon thaet is as close to new as possible. Basically, it overwrites every sector on the hard drive with 1's and zeros (I think). Anyway, it sucks to have to wait so long to get back up and running, but this route will wipe it ALL!

F

FastForward

Neodymium, or rare earth, magnets :)

Guaranteed bye-bye as well...also great for destruction. I've got a pile of old drives outside my back door right now getting wet/frozen/rusty before I hit them with a hammer repeatedly until I get bored sometime in the Spring :)

P

ProGroWannabe

The hammer works everytime FF! lol....What I was referring to above though, will allow you to re-install the Operating System afterwards.

I never tried to re-install after a hammering episode with my hard drives, but somehow I just don't think it would work:D

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
yeh shitty windows, just ordered myself a new Imac 24" :party Been on vista for 1,5years, first month everythings was ok but then... It's gonna be my first mac!

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
yeh shitty windows, just ordered myself a new Imac 24" :party Been on vista for 1,5years, first month everythings was ok but then... It's gonna be my first mac!

Nice one bon i just got myself the brand new macbook from the apple store in dam last weekend, 1500euros but well worth it :muscle

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
new macbook looks very nice, i like the new touchpad alot! That'll be the next step, my girlfriends laptop is like 3years old, getting time for an update... But after the imac purchase she'll have to wait a little more :cash:cash

S

SENSI ZYM

and wach trains :D

i got spares here m8 if your stuck bell me :wait

ive got 2 laptops one for photography and other for second monitor useing photoshop and two main computers which im upgradeing to a power mac so i can run 3 lcd screens at once and run untold programs at once lol oh the joyof being a photographer lol

O

ojd

i really hate these dam computers

you buy a virus protector and still get them

my computer wont even let me on the net so im using some old ass computer that is even worse than mine

i think i need to get down to the computer shop and see whats up

hope it all works out herb

peace

F

FastForward

Vista is 100% pure dogshit. After I had Vondo I wiped my system drive and installed Vista after running XP for years. Vista is slow, moronic and so holding hands that you can't do anything without permission. It's totally 100% shite....and that's my professional opinion. There's no good reason to upgrade to it. It's proper crap. It's not even that great an interface (in fact if you're used to XP, it's backwards).

Friends don't let friends install Vista :)

O

ojd

yeah i got a new computer and it was already on there

my old computer had xp and it was much less hasle

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Vista is 100% pure dogshit. After I had Vondo I wiped my system drive and installed Vista after running XP for years. Vista is slow, moronic and so holding hands that you can't do anything without permission. It's totally 100% shite....and that's my professional opinion. There's no good reason to upgrade to it. It's proper crap. It's not even that great an interface (in fact if you're used to XP, it's backwards).

Friends don't let friends install Vista :)

tell me about it bro, since ive had this vista crap my laptop decides to updates itself and lock me out until it has finished updating.:drunk

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well what im going to do is take my two data drives out of the equation and try again. If I still get a prob then the virus has been written to the floppy that holds the third party raid drivers required for windows installation. Or, I have a hardware issue, but I really dont think it is that.

C

Cibin

Herb, can you download Hijackthis.exe (from somewhere..) run it and check the log to see what bitch you have on your pc?
There is some kind of online-HJT log reader and it will tell you what kind of virus you have.. Then you can check/google how did other people got rid of it..

we have great site www.viry.cz where lot of fanatics are helping people to deal with viruses, but it is in czech language..

F

FastForward

Herb - which virus/virii do you have? Some of the old Chernobyl variants were evil bastards that did all kinds of BIOS hell. The good news is that most motherboards have removable BIOS chips these days, or mobos are pretty cheap....but it used to kill machines dead. Half of the prob is identifying what you've got imho, because all the scanners run different algorithms and databases. Deffo run at least 3....including the wankfest that is Microsoft Defender....

You're definitely on the right path isolating your boot drive, and removing all data drives. If you're installing Vista, there's a good chance that you won't need to add 3rd party SATA drivers and the like....I found it pretty good for driver installs.

If it's still causing aggro, I'd start to look at peripheral failure or other such weirdnesses...swap out mouse and keyboard if you haven't already...

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Cheers guys.

I had already ram hjt and that came back negetive.

Then i did a trend micro online scan and said I had an issue to do with MS08-054 which I found out is a critical update required for MP11. This is what was running at the time of the problem, and and if a successful attack occurs, someone can basically install a program to take control of your machine and fook with your priviledges. I am gonna run it by a few more gurus before I do much more drastic.

I have noticed my keyboard is now starting to piss me off. Perhaps I have a USB / MB prob, a few more formats and I shall know. LOL.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Herb i didn't understand a word of your last post, ha ha,

i know jack about computers/laptops, i found this, its £200 more than what the dell xps was that i was looking at.

What ya reckon, its the 900 odd quid 1. http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook?mco=MTIyMTM

Get it stack and you wont regret it, you will wish you gave up using lame windows pc's years ago

macs never crash and no virus's or spyware

i sound like an apple salesman lmao :wondering

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Ah I really want an Imac or a Mac pro. But £2000 on a machine is a little high when my old £500 lump a junk does the same thing. I do love the graphics on the macs, even the cheapest IMac seams really amazin.

H

hazyfontazy

Get it stack and you wont regret it, you will wish you gave up using lame windows pc's years ago

macs never crash and no virus's or spyware

i sound like an apple salesman lmao :wondering

logic are you selling your old mac ? or how about a competition to win it ,,,buy 4 packs of seeds to enter or somet

Top Bottom