• Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

20210513 174842
20210513 174850
20210513 174901
20210513 175251
I just got back and the bottom leaves are turning yellow for some reason. I'm not sure why. I went ahead and fed them today because its supposed to rain Sunday and I wanted to give them some time to eat before the rain possibly washed the food away. How do they look to everyone? It's hard for me to tell if they've grown since last time but I pinched 2 tops off of one of them.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
This, from a fairly inapt grower. I think they look fairly well. Don’t look to over or under watered. Getting bigger so they might be soaking up a lot of the nutes in the soil. You can Google, yellow leaves on cannabis, and they will give you 10 different reasons it could be. And you’ll look into each one of them and they will raise 10 more questions. By the time you’re through your head will be spinning. Mine was! I do this on the cheap so I get one of the cheap two prong meter things. The pH and light I think are useless but the moisture reading might be helpful. Need to find out what’s going on at the roots. Then I got a roll of PH litmus paper, 10 bucks. And some nitrate strips 10 or 15 bucks for 50. Speaking for myself I’m going to start watering with compost tea. Make a 5 gallon bucket, then you can pH it before you dump it on. Or check the nitrates in it before you dump it on. A lot of these high-tech guys will be laughing But so be it. When you’re in the ground it’s hard to test what’s going on down there. But overall they look pretty good, to me.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
This, from a fairly inapt grower. I think they look fairly well. Don’t look to over or under watered. Getting bigger so they might be soaking up a lot of the nutes in the soil. You can Google, yellow leaves on cannabis, and they will give you 10 different reasons it could be. And you’ll look into each one of them and they will raise 10 more questions. By the time you’re through your head will be spinning. Mine was! I do this on the cheap so I get one of the cheap two prong meter things. The pH and light I think are useless but the moisture reading might be helpful. Need to find out what’s going on at the roots. Then I got a roll of PH litmus paper, 10 bucks. And some nitrate strips 10 or 15 bucks for 50. Speaking for myself I’m going to start watering with compost tea. Make a 5 gallon bucket, then you can pH it before you dump it on. Or check the nitrates in it before you dump it on. A lot of these high-tech guys will be laughing But so be it. When you’re in the ground it’s hard to test what’s going on down there. But overall they look pretty good, to me.
absolutely no reason to ph anything for outdoors in the ground,
micro/macro organisms are doing their thing way better for the plant.. especially if the ph are chemicals to raise up and down..
literally no reason to do anything with a plant in the ground.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
did you test the soil where you planted? just wondering, i doubt it is necessary. here, you can take any dirt to the farm bureau and they will give you a printout of the stuff in the soil.

i think they look great. and you have a good spot. ...and as far as i know bears dont smoke!

you might want to use some stuff around there to "mulch" the plants, that will keep some warmth in and if you get a little drop in temps it will do wonders.

DevinA95

DevinA95

did you test the soil where you planted? just wondering, i doubt it is necessary. here, you can take any dirt to the farm bureau and they will give you a printout of the stuff in the soil.

i think they look great. and you have a good spot. ...and as far as i know bears dont smoke!

you might want to use some stuff around there to "mulch" the plants, that will keep some warmth in and if you get a little drop in temps it will do wonders.
I bought expert gardner soil to use for the hole i dug. I will definitely look into getting some mulch to put around them.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Just curious, looks like something has been chewing on some of your lower leaves there. Have you seen what does it?

Looks a little thick in there, too. Might help to thin it out a little, let her breathe a little better :)

DevinA95

DevinA95

Just curious, looks like something has been chewing on some of your lower leaves there. Have you seen what does it?

Looks a little thick in there, too. Might help to thin it out a little, let her breathe a little better :)
I haven't noticed anything. I didn't know they looked chewed. I will look at the pictures again. I haven't seen any sign of anything around them but I'll definitely keep an eye out. I could probably pull some of those yellow leaves and it would help

DevinA95

DevinA95

I can't see where anything has chewed. I noticed yellow leaves and some brown spots nut thats about it. Can you show me please where you think they might be chewed

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Your plants are looking great man. I wouldn't give a lot of worry to some yellow leaves. Good on you for noticing though, just keep an eye on them in case it gets any worse or you start seeing any serious leaf damage.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

That's my mistake I thought they were holes, not brown spots. Sorry for cluttering up your thread!

DevinA95

DevinA95

Your plants are looking great man. I wouldn't give a lot of worry to some yellow leaves. Good on you for noticing though, just keep an eye on them in case it gets any worse or you start seeing any serious leaf damage.
I appreciate it man. I'm going back tomorrow probably and ill pull a few leaves off. Other than yesterday the last time I fed them it rained right after and I was worried the nutrients may have got washed away. Thats what I was thinking possibly caused the yellow leaves. I fed them yesterday though so hopefully it corrects itself.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Unless it really really dumps you probably will not have to worry about the rain washing your nutes away. if it's raining that hard you might want to cover em up anyway

DevinA95

DevinA95

Here they are today. The underneath looked like mangled crap so I cut out most of the yellow leaves. They havn't grown much but its supposed to be in the 80s this week so maybe that will help. Maybe I'm crazy but they already looked way happier after I trimmed all that junk from underneath.

20210516 193835
20210516 193837
20210516 193843
20210516 193847
20210516 200959
20210516 201007
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Here they are today. The underneath looked like mangled crap so I cut out most of the yellow leaves. They havn't grown much but its supposed to be in the 80s this week so maybe that will help. Maybe I'm crazy but they already looked way happier after I trimmed all that junk from underneath.
is the mostly clay instead of dirt/soil?
one of my spots outdoor is mostly clay so i’ve dug a couple 30/40 gallon size holes that’ll i fill with soil.

DevinA95

DevinA95

is the mostly clay instead of dirt/soil?
one of my spots outdoor is mostly clay so i’ve dug a couple 30/40 gallon size holes that’ll i fill with soil.
Its mostly clay soil. I dug holes about 2 feet deep and a foot and a half across and filled it with soil

Top Bottom