Theyre first night out .i hope theyll be ok

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

heya Devin nice today and they’re happy but like Nick mentioned I’d wait awhile let those roots get a foothold, and yes give them a feed keep em happy same strength you’re using for a bit as well to be on the safe side. Lookin good bro!!!
I appreciate the support from everyone and everyone's input! The soil was pretty wet still so I'm not sure how long i should wait before feeding them or if it matters because its more than likely going to rain again soon. While I was checking them out one of those sneaky deer snort wheezed at me and almost gave me a heart attack lol

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Was curious to lighting for greenhouses. My purpose would be to save money on lights right? I have plenty of indoor space. Wonder how much money I would really save if I wanted to grow in it 24/7. I have so much land lol.. And building space. I want to grow lettuce, potatoes, possibly some corn lol.. Idk my goal is to go off grid to be honest. World's done lost their mind and I want to deal less and less with them.
ill agree with you all day world has gone nuts

welderjesus69

welderjesus69

There's deer trails everywhere man.I guess thats a good sign for human activity though. I'll look into other repellents though. Mothballs don't seem like they'll last that long
Go to dollar store and buy some bars of Irish Spring soap. Put that out around your plants (not too close so the chemicals wont come into contact with the roots when it washes away during rain). The deer will smell it from a mile away and stay clear.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Go to dollar store and buy some bars of Irish Spring soap. Put that out around your plants (not too close so the chemicals wont come into contact with the roots when it washes away during rain). The deer will smell it from a mile away and stay clear.
I'm going to feed them tomorrow. I will stop by the dollar store before I go👍

welderjesus69

welderjesus69

I'm going to feed them tomorrow. I will stop by the dollar store before I go👍
If you can get your hands on some wire remesh or something similar you can make cages to put around your plants to protect them from deer etc while they are small. But more importantly it will provide support for your plants when they start getting bigger and adding bud weight. Nothing worse than going to check on your plants late in the year and finding one blown over. I know from experience. You can also train your branches through the squares in the wire as the plant grows. Make it around 4-5ft tall and a few feet across and stake it down for support. Since you are growing guerilla put some sticks, leaves, small plants through the wires to break up the square pattern from unwanted eyes. As your plant grows up and through it, it will eventually be hidden.

DevinA95

DevinA95

If you can get your hands on some wire remesh or something similar you can make cages to put around your plants to protect them from deer etc while they are small. But more importantly it will provide support for your plants when they start getting bigger and adding bud weight. Nothing worse than going to check on your plants late in the year and finding one blown over. I know from experience. You can also train your branches through the squares in the wire as the plant grows. Make it around 4-5ft tall and a few feet across and stake it down for support. Since you are growing guerilla put some sticks, leaves, small plants through the wires to break up the square pattern from unwanted eyes. As your plant grows up and through it, it will eventually be hidden.
I can look around for some. I could find something forsure. Also it looks like its going to rain all day tomorrow. Would the liquid nutrients I use get washed away in the rain if I fed them tomorrow? Its not supposed to rain for a few days after tomorrow and I'm sure they would be fine to wait a day.

welderjesus69

welderjesus69

I can look around for some. I could find something forsure. Also it looks like its going to rain all day tomorrow. Would the liquid nutrients I use get washed away in the rain if I fed them tomorrow? Its not supposed to rain for a few days after tomorrow and I'm sure they would be fine to wait a day.
I don't use liquid nutes so I'm not much help on that one. You should look into getting some good organic soil amendments that you can use to top dress with. They'll break down over time and feed your soil in turn feeding your plants. Then you wont have to worry about going out there all the time to feed with liquid nutes. Right now something high in nitrogen and calcium would be good to support veg growth. Alfalfa meal, bone meal, or lobster meal. Mix it in with some good compost or worm castings. Some kelp meal would be good as well. Based on your area Im guessing most strains will go into flower by end of July/ beginning of August. So beginning of July top dress again with something higher in phosphorous and potassium and lower on nitrogen for flower. High phosphorous bat or seabird guano or some fish bone meal would be good. When you go out to water your plants you could mix in some unsululfered black strap molasses, about a teaspoon per gallon. That will help feed the microbes in your soil in turn speeding up the breakdown of the soil amendments.

DevinA95

DevinA95

I don't use liquid nutes so I'm not much help on that one. You should look into getting some good organic soil amendments that you can use to top dress with. They'll break down over time and feed your soil in turn feeding your plants. Then you wont have to worry about going out there all the time to feed with liquid nutes. Right now something high in nitrogen and calcium would be good to support veg growth. Alfalfa meal, bone meal, or lobster meal. Mix it in with some good compost or worm castings. Some kelp meal would be good as well. Based on your area Im guessing most strains will go into flower by end of July/ beginning of August. So beginning of July top dress again with something higher in phosphorous and potassium and lower on nitrogen for flower. High phosphorous bat or seabird guano or some fish bone meal would be good. When you go out to water your plants you could mix in some unsululfered black strap molasses, about a teaspoon per gallon. That will help feed the microbes in your soil in turn speeding up the breakdown of the soil amendments.
I've been using fox farm trio from the beginning. It wouldn't mess with them to change it? I have 0 experience with top dressing.

welderjesus69

welderjesus69

No it wont mess with them switching it up. There should be some nutrients in the potting soil and native soil that they can use until the amendments start breaking down.

DevinA95

DevinA95

No it wont mess with them switching it up. There should be some nutrients in the potting soil and native soil that they can use until the amendments start breaking down.
Ill try to find something to top dress with. I have a few local farming stores that may have something. I bought organic miracle grow but after buying it I read that miracle grow isn't recommended.

welderjesus69

welderjesus69

Ill try to find something to top dress with. I have a few local farming stores that may have something. I bought organic miracle grow but after buying it I read that miracle grow isn't recommended.
Yeah stay away from miracle grow if you can. If you have any rural kings close by you can buy bags of composted manure. They also have oyster shell feed for chickens. You can top dress with that as well and its a good source of calcium and good for keeping soil PH in check. Alot of places have epsoma tomatoe tone. Its a good all around top dress if you're having trouble finding amendments locally.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Yeah stay away from miracle grow if you can. If you have any rural kings close by you can buy bags of composted manure. They also have oyster shell feed for chickens. You can top dress with that as well and its a good source of calcium and good for keeping soil PH in check. Alot of places have epsoma tomatoe tone. Its a good all around top dress if you're having trouble finding amendments locally.
No rural king but I have Walmart and tractor supply. I will look there tomorrow

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I wouldn’t hesitate to try miracle grow organic. Not miracle grow regular. At least it’s certified organic. That’s more than you can say about most of fox farms products. Just not sure you’ll get the results you want in the timeframe you want. Might be the cheapest and easiest way for you. I was doing this in mad River California back in the early 80s and regular miracle Gro was the go to fertilizer. Everyone was walking around with their hands stained blue. LOL. Maybe treat each Hole differently, and see which works best. Of course my opinion and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom