Things You Should Never Say To An Experienced Cultivator

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kungpow420

Kungpow420

I don't care what the question may be. Some people need more help than others...what seems obvious to you might not be to someone that hasn't seen dirt before.....attitude is the number 1 turn off to me...if you haven't got the time to waste answering dumb questions just ignore it, coming off with attitude after a couple of posts is bizarre.....we all need help sometimes...that's why I came in the first place.........or did you come here to show your superiority to us mere peon's?
This is the guy that asks questions, and when you give an answer he tells you are wrong because a friend said something completely different. Do a shot of cal mag and chill.

Moshmen

Moshmen

@jguit im with you on this one

this started out as a cute thread - never meant to bash newbies or any grower for that matter ! This is a friendly helpful site for all to come and share .

sorry granny I see this being a problem soon. Let’s calm down in here .lol

Last edited:
J

Johnny.5

there was a guy on here a supporter I suppose said it's best to mention your actions before asking for advice on the type of soil fertilizers how far away the lights are etc., ALL PLAYS A ROLE, I got multiple false advice by pictures, etc., 1 of the reasons I've been studying more into horticulture than the tech, I'm taking classes online which medicine is an investment which I paid the dispensary for, I got to put my money where my mouth is to know what to do when certain situations come up, there was a guy on here posted you should name your soil, the fertilizers, the temperature, the PH ,the name of the strain which can easily provide a more suitable solution to a problem

J

Johnny.5

@jguit im with you on this one

this started out as a cute thread - never meant to bash newbies or any grower for that matter ! This is a friendly helpful site for all to come and share .

sorry granny I see this being a problem soon. Let’s calm down in here .lol
you didn't, you just mentioned facts that should be applied before posting an issue

J

Johnny.5

What's even worse than a noob asking dumb questions is an experienced grower that thinks they know it all.

FYI, I'm not calling anyone out, just a casual observation.
WHAT WAS YOUR 1ST CLUE? EVERYBODY THINKS THEY'RE THE BEST GROWERS IN THE WORLD, which I was in other forums from YouTube where I met several old growers that have grown since the 70s someone I've been talking to a very close friend of mine I been talking over the yrs. via emails, right now he's growing strains for certain military patients with PTSD, etc., he knows his sh*t when it comes to growing crystalized Budda

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

When you are a newbie its easy to get tunnelvision / fixating on one aspect instead of the whole picture. I guess.

Its a comfortable thing to do, oh yea

If I was a teacher and was approached like this i would reply why do you ask me when certainly you have the answer yourself? Or something like that

I also think many people are impatient, we want quick results, quick fixes, shortcuts and less work.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This is not a smack new growers post. This is about common problems, people taking your time up and then not even considering what you have told them. Nothing I enjoy anymore than a new grower that really wants to learn. I give hours of free time to those ppl. This post addresses the pet peeves we all have.
This kind of thing once bothered me, not just in gardening, but in my professional career, as well. Now I just couldn't care less if someone goes with someone else's advice.

If I know something for a fact, I'll tell the questioner or client. If they want to know how I know, I'll tell them that, too, but at that point, they're on their own. Sometimes people don't get something unless they're figuratively hit by a 2x4. No need to get upset by their learning process.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Things You Should Never Say To An Experienced Cultivator?

"Hey, your plants look a bit over fertilized! What's up with that?"

"What are those rust looking spots on your plants?"
exactly and i have a couple spots and i know why and everything will be fine, so no “what’s those spots on a few leaves?” after i post my sunday update!😆😆

steamroller

steamroller

This kind of thing once bothered me, not just in gardening, but in my professional career, as well. Now I just couldn't care less if someone goes with someone else's advice.

If I know something for a fact, I'll tell the questioner or client. If they want to know how I know, I'll tell them that, too, but at that point, they're on their own. Sometimes people don't get something unless they're figuratively hit by a 2x4. No need to get upset by their learning process.
This is how to survive and stay sane in life and on forums . If you know, you know. I quelled many by saying IMO or IME but it was for them not me .
I like to think of the old adage ' you can lead a horse to water, but you have to drag a jack ass!'
I learned to carefully pic and choose who I responded to or waited to be summoned by the site .

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Here's one for all the other smarty-pants, know-it-all growers:

A seedling never came up after I planted it, complete with a strong root, into a pot. Then in another pot, I find this —
IMG 7051 cu

What do you think? Overwatering?

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Just an FYI to all of us pointing out the weird proclivities with people being more experienced than being looking down their noses at other people that smacks of a much deeper issue in that person then their Growing Experience from my experience when I've run into people that act like that there's usually a behavioral issue going on. I call it the you were raised by parents who gave you kids glove syndrome anyone want to question why we have so many lunatics and Society nowadays I'd like to point them to the fact that we had people who said I need to put my kid in a Timeout and give them participation trophies yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom