Things You Should Never Say To An Experienced Cultivator

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Habosabin

Habosabin

Autoflowers have been crossed with a non-potent cannabis species, Cannabis Ruderalis. If someone sells autoflowers at the market rate without disclosing it, they have ripped off the buyer. The quality of Ruderalis hybrids is greatly diminished when compared to purely Indica/Sativa hybrids, across virtually all aspects of the end product: potency, structure, yeild, flavor, smell, bag appeal, etc.

If you're not a heavy consumer and want something that is low maintenance for outdoors thats just for you, then you might consider autoflowers. But if you like it strong or you plan to market it, I strongly suggest leaving the Ruderalis out of your genetics. If you are growing indoors then it really makes no sense to grow autoflowers, because you are already able to control the photoperiod, and thus can make the plant flower as soon as it is sexually mature, just like an autoflower, if you desire.

Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa are the cannabis species that produce the psychoactive effects that are most desired by consumers. Autoflowers have been adulterated. It is pseudo-marijuana; quasi marijuana at best. THC% is not everything, and even on that front the leading photoperiod strains are crushing the leading autoflowers.

Cannabis Ruderalis is not photosensitive, and thus it is crossed with indica/sativa hybrids to create autoflowering strains. Unfortunately, along with the autoflowering characteristics of the Ruderalis, comes the diminished quality discussed above.
If a grower only had a 100w led, I'd recommend to grow autos. The yeild will be better than a photo because of the increased DLI the auto would get from the extender flower hours. If I had full control of my DLI then photos all the way. But I enjoy growing both but the purest in me favors photos genetics wise.

growsince79

growsince79

Is this true? I used to belive this but I've read that thc and frost are independent. I definitely want frost when I grow.
This bud is 0 % thc

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Ok, Ive got some 😅 In no particular order.

1. "How much weed can I get from 'X' ammount of plants?" -Thats like asking how fast a car goes, or how big is a house.
  2. "Strands".
  3. People talking about how they're going to become a world renowned breeder and then also giving names to crosses and strains they plan to make often before they've even flowered a plant.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Wait, Ive got another one 😆 Its not really absolute beginners this time, this one is more from the novices/intermediates. The good old
"Selected by Me!!".
#SelectedByMeeeeee

When theyve popped 5 beans, and two were male. "SelectedByMeeeee. #"
Cool. Just tell me, if you opened 5 McDonald's boxes, and found two gerkins, a napkin, a dog turd and a Big Mac, would you still be wowing us all with your powers of discernment?
Chill out, you found a nice pheno, thats really awsome.

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

A general question to the good people of this farm :

when germinating seeds and some dont sprout. What is acceptable ? I have noticed a couple times that if i pop 5-6 beans. There will be one that dont pop. At least, and the others might be males.

with some steep prices here and there its interesting to read your perspective on this

Xhale

Xhale

I ordered jorge cervantes guide from I learned way more from his book
I tried to order The Secrets of Dim Mak from magazines...my dad kicked my @$$ before I had chance to do it ;) Jorge's guide would have been worth it.

My favorite peeve comment: "But why don't you buy a tent and lights and hydro and and and...and your weed will be more potent."
background: i'm growing great outdoor plants for 5 years...don't charge any friend for weed (I just share). If I want to get more stoned, then I just roll another one! but my weed is potent enough anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom