Thinking about moving to California

• Thread starter Toomp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have two jobs, I dont need to get rich of it thats what my 401k is for. I just want to make some profit.
When I went to LA i didnt see so many negative people. Post some positive about it.
Yes the housing market isnt the same a house sits for 90 days or more now but it still gets sold. I understand you all are use to 6500 a p
but im use to 1k a p Im not greedy I dont need to take over the world, I just want to grow potent even tho it may not look the same with the crystals painting your finger tips when you touch it
That right there is gonna bite you in the ass, that's what your real jobs are for, not growing weed.

Of my fellow Californians, who here is accustomed to $6,500/unit?

You, my friend, are not picking up what the others are putting down. For one thing, you can't just *look* at a bud and say, "Oh, that's AAA!" Appearance (bag appeal) is one thing, but then there's the rest of it. For another thing, there are people taking well under $1,000K/unit working with dispensaries, my own son is one of them. Wanna try more like $700/unit? Can you pay your power bill alone on that?

Housing market(s) in California vary widely, depending on where you are. Bidding wars in heavily Chinese/Asian areas are not uncommon where another family member of mine is now looking for homes, but where *I* am they sit because there's no demand. 90 days is nothing.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I have two jobs, I dont need to get rich of it thats what my 401k is for. I just want to make some profit.
When I went to LA i didnt see so many negative people. Post some positive about it.
Yes the housing market isnt the same a house sits for 90 days or more now but it still gets sold. I understand you all are use to 6500 a p
but im use to 1k a p Im not greedy I dont need to take over the world, I just want to grow potent even tho it may not look the same with the crystals painting your finger tips when you touch it
1,000 to 3200 tops is what people get. Your perfect for California, we need your tax money too!!!

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Where in cali are you thinking about? This state varies so much it's crazy. For my advice I say if you have a job give ca. a try. I love it here, but I am also blessed to live in one of the more desired areas of the state. If you can already pay the rent, don't worry about weed prices, that shit will work itself out. My one word of warning would be,make sure you know how to make concentrates. Thats all people want out here anymore.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

the only reason why i would ever move to cali would be to grow outdoors......if for any other reason it seems kinda stupid to me, though there is some nice mountain land up north that i wouldn't mind:D

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Where in cali are you thinking about? This state varies so much it's crazy. For my advice I say if you have a job give ca. a try. I love it here, but I am also blessed to live in one of the more desired areas of the state. If you can already pay the rent, don't worry about weed prices, that shit will work itself out. My one word of warning would be,make sure you know how to make concentrates. Thats all people want out here anymore.
Yeah, niches and who you know are key. Look at all the wax companies and whatnot, it's beyond tough to come to this area and compete but we welcome you as if you do have the super duper, you'll be in demand. If not, you'll lose money or barely break even with your herb, imo

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
the only reason why i would ever move to cali would be to grow outdoors......if for any other reason it seems kinda stupid to me, though there is some nice mountain land up north that i wouldn't mind:D
Not to mention all the fruits/food we can grow, the awesome winter weather, the views, the air if your up northwest Cali too!

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

cali is sooo diverse, if you want ANY climate or "type" of people there is a place for you here. But the flipside is also there. The climate and people you hate are also here to find. Choose carefully and you will be happy.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Not to mention all the fruits/food we can grow, the awesome winter weather, the views, the air if your up northwest Cali too!
yeah tell me about it man, fruiting trees year long, maybe a light little dust of snow, fresh mountain air, all of that is more then worth it, problem is finding the right land and maintaining income otherwise i'd be in the mountain growin organic everything in a heartbeat, even have found some really cool co-op like farms in the northern mountain, however they always fall through b/c people using them don't got any money. I found a really cool mountain retreat for sale by a couple for like 700k, all off, grid with tons of fruit trees, that is my dream!...aaahhhhh you northern californias got the good life! haha, i guess lake erie will hafta do for now

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

i looked in trinidad then saskiyuo(spelling?) lol and humbolt and the surrounds too

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would not want to live and grow in these NorCal areas if I had kids, especially young ones.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I'd be up in Trinadad but that's just more my style..looked at some badass places up there a few years back
Me too,love trinidad or the eastern sierra is another good spot,id want to stay away from population centers though but thats just me.

vaporedout

vaporedout

cali is sooo diverse, if you want ANY climate or "type" of people there is a place for you here. But the flipside is also there. The climate and people you hate are also here to find. Choose carefully and you will be happy.
ya know what they say in cali......"if ya dont like the weather wait a few minutes" cali isnt bad, we are in a city that is getting very overpopulated. even here in the city everyone grows outdoors, so if you go to a club with outdoor, most likely theyre gonna pass. this is the MJ state :) perfect outdoor weather for growing. ive never fought mold outside, just buggies

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh it rains up North and yes there is mold. Also lots of pests, so you need to know your stuff and have good genetics. What is most valuable is Out of State contacts that you can trust! You would be lucky to get more than $ 1800. per unit of quality outdoor until July- Sept. To get a better price it needs to go South or Out of State. I get 1500-1600 in the North part of the state. Some times a little more for units of my own genetics. Best prices I`ve got was out of the UK.

FreedomTrain

FreedomTrain

Hope all the luck to you. Moved out here in '07 in hopes of the same thing. It took a little while. Some trials and tribulations. I personallly don't like going through the dispensaries and going right to the patients. Dispensaries take advangae and are middle men. Maybe start a delivery service that is all there's going to be is delivery. On the downside I like dispensaries just for the fact of you can interact with your medicine. You can do that also with delivery. Hopefully they're not all sold out by the end of the night. Damn freedom train kickin my ass. Stop

T

Toomp

That right there is gonna bite you in the ass, that's what your real jobs are for, not growing weed.
so you grow for free. Noble Idea

You, my friend, are not picking up what the others are putting down. For one thing, you can't just *look* at a bud and say, "Oh, that's AAA!" Appearance (bag appeal) is one thing, but then there's the rest of it.
I really wish I knew what the hell you were talking about. I follow everybody else but you....
For another thing, there are people taking well under $1,000K/unit working with dispensaries, my own son is one of them. Wanna try more like $700/unit? Can you pay your power bill alone on that?
I did the math for LA I know what it cost for lights. I also know Yall do grow for free dont yall. that $1.68 a gram for any kind of bud means your not in your sons life and hes failing because you allowed him to. .He may as well grow apples. And make more. Thanks for your advice man but I cant really follow you. A tine percocet cost 3x more then a gram of your kids bud. Log off an go help him. Thank you for offering.
1,000 to 3200 tops is what people get. Your perfect for California, we need your tax money too!!!
1000-3200 is great. Im more then happy to pay tax dollars. If for all my work I profit 5-10g annually, Im a happy camper its extra retirement funds.
Long Beach or Huntington Beach. I like both any idea which is best? I can buy a Huntington Beach home outright. Long Beach it will take a few years. I will be working out of LA. Thanks for the heads up I dont know how to make concentrates. Will learn.
Hope all the luck to you. Moved out here in '07 in hopes of the same thing. It took a little while. Some trials and tribulations. I personallly don't like going through the dispensaries and going right to the patients. Dispensaries take advangae and are middle men. Maybe start a delivery service that is all there's going to be is delivery. On the downside I like dispensaries just for the fact of you can interact with your medicine. You can do that also with delivery. Hopefully they're not all sold out by the end of the night. Damn freedom train kickin my ass. Stop
Did you have a job already? Did you make profit 1st run? even if after expenses if you made 1k you did good if you were working.I know i can break it down and make more with the patients much more, But Im not gone do it more then likely. Im just going to want to let it go for a low price and want all of it gone. I do 150 for ko kush for zip here. who ever claims to have og kush which it probally aint goes for$300. My full time wont give me the time to do a travel service.
Cali is much more then growing bud man. However here its 5 years mandatory for 1 seed cracking the soil. MANDATORY!!!!! Good enough reason

Natural

Natural

for the weather alone right? You will get a better price in SoCal than NorCal for pretty indoor. Get onto some good clones when you get out there and work on doing the best crop you can..you'll pull $1,800-$2,000 if you do a good job and it's a variety people want. No problem.

T

Toomp

for the weather alone right? You will get a better price in SoCal than NorCal for pretty indoor. Get onto some good clones when you get out there and work on doing the best crop you can..you'll pull $1,800-$2,000 if you do a good job and it's a variety people want. No problem.
Roger that.

Top Bottom