Thinking of switching Nutrients for rdwc

• Thread starter MIAquaFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I don't blame you and my reasoning for even buying it is what is biting me in the ass. The "PH Perfect" part actually got me as a 1st time grower with no experience with nutes. Now I can see clearly that there are muuuch better options. I'm stoked to try the MasterBlend on Friday. I will either kill all 4 plants somehow trying to use new nutes 😄 or hopefully they will say "Dammmmn Papa why did you wait so long. Ass"
As for not messin with the PH. Do you mean don't add nutes to water and then PH or are you saying not to even PH the water before mixing in the nutes? I should just use RO water, add nutes, and yolo? Actually just have to keep them alive till Friday when get MasterBlend bit still want to understand that.

Pic from today of Charlotte(ww1)
Yea just RO eater NEVER ph adjust either before or after. Take the ph tester wrap it in paoer then wrap in it 2 rolls if duck tape then a secure lock box and throw the key into the nearest river…. After that into a high end safe and charter an ocean liner to china, make sure you make the trip blindfolded and when you hear waves crashing against rocks push the safe overboard. Leave the blindfold on until you return home.

direct 20 of your closest friends to slap you shoukd you get the urge to treasure hunt…. Only then can you assure yourself you are using them right 😂

i know what your thinking and no i dont need a pass to go outside

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yea just RO eater NEVER ph adjust either before or after. Take the ph tester wrap it in paoer then wrap in it 2 rolls if duck tape then a secure lock box and throw the key into the nearest river…. After that into a high end safe and charter an ocean liner to china, make sure you make the trip blindfolded and when you hear waves crashing against rocks push the safe overboard. Leave the blindfold on until you return home.

direct 20 of your closest friends to slap you shoukd you get the urge to treasure hunt…. Only then can you assure yourself you are using them right 😂

Sooo roger that, ph and adjust both before and after got it 🤣 now I know we all need to blaze together. That was some funny shit thanks 🤗😂

Observationist

Observationist

Dynagrow
jacks
Ventana plant science
Athena
Dutch pro

Im using emerald harvest grow/micro and ruby fulvic new mill and Dutch pro a/b with 33% h2o2 currently
No complaints here so far

am looking for a more scalable commercial nutrient line though that’s not super $$$

New millennium ruby fulvic for fulvic acid along with Molybdenum

dutch pro multi total nutrient optimizer has Humic acid, and take root for seedlings/clones
Use epsom salt as well, and of course silica.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

Hey man, what nute line do you use?

W

WyattTerp

O and just an update i actually narrowed down to 2 different nutes i didnt even list lol. Aqua flakes and front row ag. Sfter careful considerstion and hours of reading here and other places i have decided to run the front row ag for my flowering cycle. The aqua flakes just has way to many things to add here and add there in the program for me. Considering most salts dont require any of that its IMHO alot of gimmick.

Also to note for anyone interested i run a benneficial system NOT a sterile system, rdwc diy, 24 7.5g heavy duty totes, 8 630w cmh and 6 650w hortibloom lights. System is excellent, water turnover is excellent, chiller, exc. My farm is definitely on point and i can dial the enviroment in to whatever i want. I have tested products for PowerSi for undercurrent specific products and others as well.

Needless to say im not new to this but also still learn new things every grow and everyday because its impossible to know it all in this buisness (again IMHO). Nutes are a dime a dozen, i get that but some salts do outperform others in little ways from what i have seen. Hence the reason i asked opinions in specific products!
Just curious which PowerSi product you tested? Did you test it while using FloraFlex? Did you like it? I ask because I'm considering using Power SI original/bloom along with FloraFlex ...

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Just curious which PowerSi product you tested? Did you test it while using FloraFlex? Did you like it? I ask because I'm considering using Power SI original/bloom along with FloraFlex ...

They didnt have a name for it when i tested it and its not out yet still. It was a reformulated version of the PowerSi original but made for deep water culture. Product was amazing actually, no foaming or issues putting it direct into the reZ

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dynagrow
jacks
Ventana plant science
Athena
Dutch pro

Im using emerald harvest grow/micro and ruby fulvic new mill and Dutch pro a/b with 33% h2o2 currently
No complaints here so far

am looking for a more scalable commercial nutrient line though that’s not super $$$

New millennium ruby fulvic for fulvic acid along with Molybdenum

dutch pro multi total nutrient optimizer has Humic acid, and take root for seedlings/clones
Use epsom salt as well, and of course silica.

all good options
Hey man, what nute line do you use?
Mega crop 2 part but tbh ill be using something like jacks next. And i will always use green planets massive also Just before flip to mid flower. Its the real deal and the tria in it is something I highly recommend.

Observationist

Observationist

all good options

Mega crop 2 part but tbh ill be using something like jacks next. And i will always use green planets massive also Just before flip to mid flower. Its the real deal and the tria in it is something I highly recommend.
Sweet hank you!

Ive been looking for products with triacontanol

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah I am definitely learning quick how little I know and how much there is to learn. I'm backtracking now and am going to switch from AN nutes to MasterBlend to finish the 2nd half of flower. Then to the drawing board to plan out next grow
Changing nutrients in the middle of flower is not a great idea. If you are going to do that, you need to gradually make the change. Something like 25 percent of the new and 75 percent of the old and increase each week so next week would be 50/50 until you get to 100 percent of the new line. TBH, if you take a deep dive into nutrients you are going to find out how close each is to the other. You will hear pros and cons on all.
If you want to see a good comparison go to you tube and look up green gene. He has a list of nutrient lines with the varies PPM's. Once you take a look at it you will see how much each line varies.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Changing nutrients in the middle of flower is not a great idea. If you are going to do that, you need to gradually make the change. Something like 25 percent of the new and 75 percent of the old and increase each week so next week would be 50/50 until you get to 100 percent of the new line. TBH, if you take a deep dive into nutrients you are going to find out how close each is to the other. You will hear pros and cons on all.
If you want to see a good comparison go to you tube and look up green gene. He has a list of nutrient lines with the varies PPM's. Once you take a look at it you will see how much each line varies.
Great info brotha and thanks much. That makes a lot of sense and I'm goong to watch that video right meow 💪🤗

Anthem

Anthem

At first I thought this was that, but this is bulletproof si
This is a classic example of miss information. Silicon Dioxide is not readily available to the plant from my understanding. What you are looking for in ideally in a silica product is Monosilic Acid. If the form of Power Si or some of the others. It take microbes time to break down the silicon dioxide to make it available to the plant. There is a you tub video with the folks at Jacks 321 and the president of Power Si that goes into the whats and all in more detail if you want to look it up.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@Anthem just watched his Defoliation week 3 vid and that dude rocks. If you can't learn to grow from him, mr canucks grows, and this forum then you are pretty much hopeless 😄

Observationist

Observationist

This is a classic example of miss information. Silicon Dioxide is not readily available to the plant from my understanding. What you are looking for in ideally in a silica product is Monosilic Acid. If the form of Power Si or some of the others. It take microbes time to break down the silicon dioxide to make it available to the plant. There is a you tub video with the folks at Jacks 321 and the president of Power Si that goes into the whats and all in more detail if you want to look it up.
Thanks

that’s a bottle I bought 3 years ago when I first got into it, and I could not remember what it was called,

I didn’t know what Si I had, wasn’t sure if it was power si, I got the product names confused.

I was using Dutch pro silica but ran out of it then found this.

Soo, I should be using a monosilic acid
silica if synthetic/not organic?

I’ll look it up, I didn’t give too much thought about the silica uptake form, I might have it in my notes somewhere though.

Last edited:
W

WyattTerp

At first I thought this was that, but this is bulletproof si
Power Si, Mills, Athena and others use mono silicic acid because it's more bioavailable than potassium silicate. These products supposedly cost more because mono silicic acid is expensive to produce.
Products using potassium silicate cost much less but some say it can take up to 8 weeks to become bioavailable.

Bulletproof Si uses silicon dioxide which is also called
  • Quartz
  • Silica
  • Silicic oxide
  • Silicon(IV) oxide
  • Crystalline silica
  • Pure Silica
  • Silicea
  • Silica sand
I have no clue how bioavailable silicon dioxide is but if cost is a factor it seems that it would be less bioavailable than the mono silicic acid products.

I'm not a chemist/biologist perhaps you or others know more about silicon dioxide?

Observationist

Observationist

Power Si, Mills, Athena and others use mono silicic acid because it's more bioavailable than potassium silicate. These products supposedly cost more because mono silicic acid is expensive to produce.
Products using potassium silicate cost much less but some say it can take up to 8 weeks to become bioavailable.

• Quartz
  • Silica
  • Silicic oxide
  • Silicon(IV) oxide
  • Crystalline silica
  • Pure Silica
  • Silicea
  • Silica sand
I have no clue how bioavailable silicon dioxide is but if cost is a factor it seems that it would be less bioavailable than the mono silicic acid products.

I'm not a chemist/biologist perhaps you or others know more about silicon dioxide?
Hey there, appreciate the input!

I briefly skimmed over silica and it’s uptake forms, didn’t give it much thought, thanks yall for bringing this up.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Thanks

that’s a bottle I bought 3 years ago when I first got into it, and I could not remember what it was called,

I didn’t know what Si I had, wasn’t

• Quartz
  • Silica
  • Silicic oxide
  • Silicon(IV) oxide
  • Crystalline silica
  • Pure Silica
  • Silicea
  • Silica sand

Athena does not use Monosilic acid. They use potash

Anthem

Anthem

Hey there, appreciate the input!

I briefly skimmed over silica and it’s uptake forms, didn’t give it much thought, thanks yall for bringing this up.

does vermiculite contain silica then? I’ve read it does, can the plant uptake any of it?
Did you even read a darn thing he just said or are you looking for someone to basically grow your plants for you since what it this your second time flowering plants?

Observationist

Observationist

Did you even read a darn thing he just said or are you looking for someone to basically grow your plants for you since what it this your second time flowering plants?
On my 4th indoor flower cycle, was I supposed to be growing when I was 10, And have 1000 grows now?

It’s just discussion man, damn.

you’ve had it out for me since day 1 here

Top Bottom