Thinking of switching Nutrients for rdwc

• Thread starter MIAquaFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Alright peeps im starting another round and thinking about switching up my nutes. I currently run floraflex fulltilt, didnt like the yield from it at all. SO im thinking of 1 of these line ups next

Mills
Jacks 321
Athena
Crop salt

Whats the opinion of u magnificent experts?

Ty

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

Really, no comments? Lol

Leaning to

Cropsalt
Mills or
Jacks

Any opions on users of these for rdwc? Specifically taste color and smell? I know jacks is a well known brand with alot of users that have been around along time but recently i have read conflicting things with them pertaining to yields and deficiencies.

Ty all

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I don't have much experience but I just bought a RDWC setup and plan on getting it running soon. FWIW, I tried out Humboldts Secret for the last grow I just finished in soil and it worked marvelously. I did a journal on the grow here-

I started using HS nutes, if I remember right, about 2 weeks before I flipped to flower.

The label says it's good for all growing media including soil and hydro. I don't have any experience with the brands you mentioned but I do like Humboldts Secret and plan on getting the gallon size combo after my xxl starter pack is gone.

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

I don't have much experience but I just bought a RDWC setup and plan on getting it running soon. FWIW, I tried out Humboldts Secret for the last grow I just finished in soil and it worked marvelously. I did a journal on the grow here-

I started using HS nutes, if I remember right, about 2 weeks before I flipped to flower.

The label says it's good for all growing media including soil and hydro. I don't have any experience with the brands you mentioned but I do like Humboldts Secret and plan on getting the gallon size combo after my xxl starter pack is gone.
Tbh i never even thought about them and dont know why lol. I may try them on a smaller grow in the future though forsure!

S

SmokinnJoe19

I’ve always ran general hydro n UC roots

UC roots is pretty forgiving despite the cost

I

IamN2pot

What altitude are you at? Here in Colorado, DWC doesn't work well at all, not because of the nutes, but because the water doesn't hold enough oxigen at altitude. Works great at sea level, or so I'm told. 😊
Just a thought....
N2

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I'm only 4 weeks into flower as a 1st time grower so take this with a grain of salt. I have learned a lot of lessons and just ran Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect lmao and it is anything but. I hand feed in 50/50 coco/perl and all I can think about is my next grow and how I might automate the feed and switch to CropSalt. I've read a shit ton about Jacks and it seems a ton of people use it and swear by it. Cropsalt seems less known and less used but after all I have read about it and the amount of reviews from growers in forums across the board, I am sold. Game over and for sure goin CropSalt in a couple months. I was literally just now trying to calculate how much to buy. They have a 1lb starter kit with veg A+B, bloom A+B, and Cake for $75. If that would feed even 4 plants from seed through flower than it pawns my junk AN nutes. I put the link to it below. Every single person that uses it has nothing but incredible things to say about it.

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

If you got a bad yield, it wasn't because of Floraflex Full Tilt. It can produce a massive yield. The recipe is basically foolproof. Just read the label and grow. I would use Floraflex, but Jacks is cheaper. However, Jacks is NOT foolproof. The 321 recipe isn't optimal for cannabis, if you want a bigger yield.
I didnt have a "bad yield" just less than desired. I have actually ran floraflex the last 2 years so im not new to it.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm only 4 weeks into flower as a 1st time grower so take this with a grain of salt. I have learned a lot of lessons and just ran Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect lmao and it is anything but. I hand feed in 50/50 coco/perl and all I can think about is my next grow and how I might automate the feed and switch to CropSalt. I've read a shit ton about Jacks and it seems a ton of people use it and swear by it. Cropsalt seems less known and less used but after all I have read about it and the amount of reviews from growers in forums across the board, I am sold. Game over and for sure goin CropSalt in a couple months. I was literally just now trying to calculate how much to buy. They have a 1lb starter kit with veg A+B, bloom A+B, and Cake for $75. If that would feed even 4 plants from seed through flower than it pawns my junk AN nutes. I put the link to it below. Every single person that uses it has nothing but incredible things to say about it.

Be very careful about reading reviews and such. There is alot

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Be very careful about reading reviews and such. There is alot
Yeah I am definitely learning quick how little I know and how much there is to learn. I'm backtracking now and am going to switch from AN nutes to MasterBlend to finish the 2nd half of flower. Then to the drawing board to plan out next grow

MIAquaFire

MIAquaFire

O and just an update i actually narrowed down to 2 different nutes i didnt even list lol. Aqua flakes and front row ag. Sfter careful considerstion and hours of reading here and other places i have decided to run the front row ag for my flowering cycle. The aqua flakes just has way to many things to add here and add there in the program for me. Considering most salts dont require any of that its IMHO alot of gimmick.

Also to note for anyone interested i run a benneficial system NOT a sterile system, rdwc diy, 24 7.5g heavy duty totes, 8 630w cmh and 6 650w hortibloom lights. System is excellent, water turnover is excellent, chiller, exc. My farm is definitely on point and i can dial the enviroment in to whatever i want. I have tested products for PowerSi for undercurrent specific products and others as well.

Needless to say im not new to this but also still learn new things every grow and everyday because its impossible to know it all in this buisness (again IMHO). Nutes are a dime a dozen, i get that but some salts do outperform others in little ways from what i have seen. Hence the reason i asked opinions in specific products!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

An is def a giant waste of money.
Yeah it is. Their "PH Perfect" I'm running should be called "PH Unstable" 😄 and now I need to raise my PH in flower and Noooo not with this crap. They should put on the bottle "Good luck adjusting the PH if you need to" lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah it is. Their "PH Perfect" I'm running should be called "PH Unstable" 😄 and now I need to raise my PH in flower and Noooo not with this crap. They should put on the bottle "Good luck adjusting the PH if you need to" lol
Dont adjust the ph with that, its likely to cause you issues. If it’s between like 5-7 (just leave it. it has chelates that you can mess up.

i dont think i‘ve mentioned how much i detest these nutrients but they will work if you DO NOT fuck with em. Never OH adjust them.

ewwwe i hate them

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yeah I don't blame you and my reasoning for even buying it is what is biting me in the ass. The "PH Perfect" part actually got me as a 1st time grower with no experience with nutes. Now I can see clearly that there are muuuch better options. I'm stoked to try the MasterBlend on Friday. I will either kill all 4 plants somehow trying to use new nutes 😄 or hopefully they will say "Dammmmn Papa why did you wait so long. Ass"
As for not messin with the PH. Do you mean don't add nutes to water and then PH or are you saying not to even PH the water before mixing in the nutes? I should just use RO water, add nutes, and yolo? Actually just have to keep them alive till Friday when get MasterBlend bit still want to understand that.

Pic from today of Charlotte(ww1)

20220419 103113
Top Bottom