Thinking of switching to LED.

• Thread starter 420farmz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Double Ended Lights OR Chinese LED?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420farmz

Currently I am running 28 Gavita 1000w DE getting around 2.4-2.8 pounds per light on my favourite strains. Kind of getting sick of the high energy costs and the extra AC needed. Also would I be able to get more production with the kingbrites

I keep hearing about these alibaba LED lights. Kingbrite has peaked my interest. What kind of production do you get with them? Is it as good or better? How is the quality of the Bud? What are the changes you make to keep the growing environment the same? I heard the AC cost is offsetted by the using extra dehumidifiers.

Do LED's perform better in flower or veg? How many amps do they take? Are they 220? How is the reliability and warranty/ warranty support. Also could I get 28 1000w kingbrites to replace 28 gavita 1000w

I know this post is asking for a lot of information so I thank you in advance !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This has the makings of a bomb. There are so many variables with led. If your going with the kingbright or high end LEDs I would say they are comparable but will have a bit of a learning curve because of the lower leaf temps and other reasons.

For my own health im trying to avoid these conversations and not doing a good job.

If I had a choice it would be a combination of lighting probably LED and CMH together.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Oh before you make your mined up asked buzz for the link to the youtube video... watch that then make up your mind...:)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo for what it's worth leds don't overlap as well and need to be closer to the canopy so you need to take that into account when making a decision.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You really need to do the math and decide for yourself if it’s worth the hassle. End results can be similar there’s no real difference in the end product in one or the other.

For most small closet growers I would say led is not worth the hassle. Go with HID and enjoy the ease of use, cheap startup costs and decades of research and development put into them.

If you are growing medium to large scale the difference can be a game changer due to savings and lower HVAC requirements.

If you are somewhere in the middle then you have to decide wether it’s worth the hassle and cost and if it is then do it. If not then hang tight as prices are falling daily.

One thing I will say is that if you can afford a decent HID that would be preferred over burples IMO but burples are better than nothing and you’ve got to start somewhere. So if burples is all the budget can afford then burples it is.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You really need to do the math and decide for yourself if it’s worth the hassle. End results can be similar there’s no real difference in the end product in one or the other.

For most small closet growers I would say led is not worth the hassle. Go with HID and enjoy the ease of use, cheap startup costs and decades of research and development put into them.

If you are growing medium to large scale the difference can be a game changer due to savings and lower HVAC requirements.

If you are somewhere in the middle then you have to decide wether it’s worth the hassle and cost and if it is then do it. If not then hang tight as prices are falling daily.

One thing I will say is that if you can afford a decent HID that would be preferred over burples IMO but burples are better than nothing and you’ve got to start somewhere. So if burples is all the budget can afford then burples it is.

Nice to see ya brother. Missed you lately.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

FYI I am in Vancouver Canada.
Me also. I know hlg does or did have a Canadian site and the guy was in Vancouver. He said he could bring in whatever they didn't stock and that way I didn't have to pay extra for shipping but he was just setting up then and I was impatient.

Top Bottom