• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Double Ended Lights OR Chinese LED?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Horticulture lighting group.

The us site has more options I think and they can bring em up here is what I was told.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I know i wouldnt replace the customer service and quality from gavita with a chinese super manufacturing company like kingbrite.

Not for that many lamps.
The new Gravita = Bayer/Scotts, etc..sorry to say.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

that's why I said for him to go from there.... at 28 lights, I would talk to Vicky and her boss if I went that way, before doing anything.... Cause if a man was smart about it he would cover his azz.....

I have read way to many reports of drivers and diodes going out to trust them from so far away for a cash crop.

These chinese factories will build what you want to a price point. That means cutting corners. Even using fake branded parts is legal there.

Ever hear of the fake gibson guitars made in china with the real gibson logo?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The new Gravita = Bayer/Scotts, etc..sorry to say.

I know. So is botanicare but its still the same american workers making the stuff.

If i showed you just a list of food products that fall under monsantos corperation you wouldnt likely eat again.

Good ol’Kraft foods is one. Made in Michigan I believe.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Then you will better be able to know about their quality. Would you have purchased 28?

Believe me i am not defending HLG pricing.
I will not get into an discussion about what is and what is not good. I was asked for an opinion, and gave it.
I ordered two Kingbrites to begin, before I will order more. ALL companies cut corners these days, including USA Light makers. I trust Bayer about as far as I can throw a boulder. I am also a believer in infant mortality in any electronics and allow for such (I have spare drivers and panels on hand)
As for a cash crop..I don't do that; but if I did, I would have spares of everything..including bulbs, ballasts, drivers and LED panels depending what I ran.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will not get into an discussion about what is and what is not good. I was asked for an opinion, and gave it.
I ordered two Kingbrites to begin, before I will order more. ALL companies cut corners these days, including USA Light makers. I trust Bayer about as far as I can throw a boulder. I am also a believer in infant mortality in any electronics and allow for such (I have spare drivers and panels on hand)
As for a cash crop..I don't do that; but if I did, I would have spares of everything..including bulbs, ballasts, drivers and LED panels depending what I ran.

Fair enough. I was only stating my opinion too.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I know. So is botanicare but its still the same american workers making the stuff.

If i showed you just a list of food products that fall under monsantos corperation you wouldnt likely eat again.

Good ol’Kraft foods is one. Made in Michigan I believe.
I have a huge list of all the crappy Monsanto products that are in many of our foods..GMO crap too, and you are correct..it gets harder and harder to get away from all of it. It has become better to buy from smaller brands then to continue to be fed garbage. (ie Lays Potato Chops=GMO, replaced with Tims a long time ago.) Sure, it's hard, but I won't intentionally patronize a Company like Monsanto, except if there is little choice (ie:GH ph up and down)

This is getting like the old movie, Soylent Green..LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have a huge list of all the crappy Monsanto products that are in many of our foods..GMO crap too, and you are correct..it gets harder and harder to get away from all of it. It has become better to buy from smaller brands then to continue to be fed garbage. (ie Lays Potato Chops=GMO, replaced with Tims a long time ago.) Sure, it's hard, but I won't intentionally patronize a Company like Monsanto, except if there is little choice (ie:GH ph up and down)

This is getting like the old movie, Soylent Green..LOL

I dont think we will have to worry about being processed in to monsanto food just yet. Lol.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I dont think we will have to worry about being processed in to monsanto food just yet. Lol.
Could be closer then we think..LMFAO
Snap6

Moshmen

Moshmen

This has the makings of a bomb. There are so many variables with led. If your going with the kingbright or high end LEDs I would say they are comparable but will have a bit of a learning curve because of the lower leaf temps and other reasons.

For my own health im trying to avoid these conversations and not doing a good job.

If I had a choice it would be a combination of lighting probably LED and CMH together.
Very different in every situation ! So many variables and goals ! No matter what you get there will be a learning curve as aqua stated ! Just gotta stock with it good luck man

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have scanned through the thread and seen what people have bought, what others have recommended .... ideas tossed around based on what they have read or heard. What I didn't see is anything about what people have built. Forgive me if I over-looked someone else's build in this thread.

I built this LED light using Chinese 50 watt driverless chips. Simply solder the leads on the pads and assemble on your heatsinks. It pulls over 900 watts from the wall, and the heatsinks remain cool enough for me to touch. It adds almost no extra heat to your grow area.

It's not yet been tested on plants. That will be coming soon ...

Home made LED light
Grow light
Parts
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have scanned through the thread and seen what people have bought, what others have recommended .... ideas tossed around based on what they have read or heard. What I didn't see is anything about what people have built. Forgive me if I over-looked someone else's build in this thread.

I built this LED light using Chinese 50 watt driverless chips. Simply solder the leads on the pads and assemble on your heatsinks. It pulls over 900 watts from the wall, and the heatsinks remain cool enough for me to touch. It adds almost no extra heat to your grow area.

It's not yet been tested on plants. That will be coming soon ...
Impressive!

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I am doing something similar with driver less leds. I have cpu fans n house hold items to make Heatsinks. I’m going to test it in the garage for 6 wks before a tent, but I’ll have 100 watts for 30 bux all day

I do have a Hgl light, pricey but very nice, will be buying a kingbrite too.

Do u have one big room or multiple ones??

My buddy tested his older 600 hps against a 260 hgl and the results were very similar.....
Now he has 6, 260s and no hps lights

I’d buy one and see what it does for yourself

This is my buddy’s setup

5A57E210 3D51 4541 B7FE 81C8C60C4578
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I am doing something similar with driver less leds. I have cpu fans n house hold items to make Heatsinks. I’m going to test it in the garage for 6 wks before a tent, but I’ll have 100 watts for 30 bux all day

My buddy tested his older 600 hps against a 260 hgl and the results were very similar.....

This is my buddy’s setup

I have 2 grow tents. One is 5' x 5', the other is 4' x 5' two room tent. All in my basement. My plans right now are to use the 4 x 4 area for mother plants, the 1 x 4 area to clone, and the 5' x 5' tent for veg through flowering. I purchased an ebb and flow 12 bucket system using a 55 gallon reservoir and a pump controller unit. I'm upgrading the easily kinked vinyl tubing to 3/4" pvc. I am swapping out the rubber grommets/hose barbs for far more robust bulkheads at the controller and all the pots. I am also going to build 8 more pots using 3.5 gallon pails inside of 5 gallon buckets.

Eventually I will build another LED light.

BigCube

BigCube

This is my buddy’s setup

They work great. I have some driver on board cobs. A 2x3x2 inch cpu heatsink with fan is enough for a 50w cob. Another project I'm working on is 9 50w cobs, 5 warm white, 4 burple for a total of 450w.
It's going to take a bit more, I've mounted them on a nice thick piece of aluminum, just need to frame the sides with aluminum u channel with some vent holes and a lid on the top with a couple fans. Should work great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom