Third Grow. First Journal. Reserva Privada Sour OG Kush Feminized.

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

Put some pics up so we can see those girls, RG!

Yeah, both of mine are tree toppers. The stems on the taller one that I bent yesterday afternoon? All headed El Norte this morning. with 90 degrees turns on all four. You'd think they were in veg if it were not for flowers popping up everywhere. Based on some reading, I'm thinking that these girls are expressing the Sour D side of things in a big way. The main shoots are strong and long, they don't branch out much, and they don't eat much. From what little I know about it... that sounds like Sativa Dom. The shorter one was 2" shorter than the taller one at the flip to 12/12, but she is already 4X her height at the flip. Keep in mind how small they were at the transition as that probably factors in a bit.

I noticed this morning that the stretch may finally be slowing down on the shorter girl. [ She is now the taller girl ] With the bending, the plants are now 27 and 28 inches tall. I cannot get over how effective bending these things can be. Stripping the lower growth was a huge help as well. Thanks to you, Happy, and MRB for the encouragement to just do it.

They are asking me to cut N again, so I think I'll do that by subtracting some Micro, add some Floralicious Plus and up the P and K a bit. The HPS is waiting in the wings.

Other than the stretch, I can't complain about these girls at all. They just grow like.. well... weeds! :eek:

RG420

RG420

Here's mine bro will be topping today the taller ones, you can see the 2 pheno differences.....

ClassV

ClassV

Nice RG! Those look like the suspects I had in my lineup. I planted and sprouted four. One was a runt. One had fat, beautiful leaves, and two had thinner leaves. I selected the two similar plants, which turned out to be the jungle beasts hunting light in my tent right now!

Keep it coming RG. More documentation on experience with this strain in the hands of another grower, can only be helpful. There really is not a lot of info on growing RP SK. I did find one review where a guy got 4x plus on stretch in flower, but no details. I'm not completely convinced that this crazy stretch I'm seeing is not grower error. Maybe to much Nitrogen or any number of small but significant things could be in play. I'm really interested to see how things progress in your set up and with your technique. From what I saw in your PE journal, you got skills!!!

ClassV

ClassV

Hi Happy! I do not have a place to keep cuttings yet. In fact, I have never cloned anything in my life. My ambition for this grow was do decide whether or not I like the strain and if I can manage it within the restrictions of my setup. My plan is to take clones on the next run if I like SK, and to install a top drip system DTW. The DTW aspect is why the final height of the plants is so critical moving forward. 24 to 30 inches. I have to hit that target consistently to achieve the end goal. Don't need a huge yield. Just need consistency. From what I have seen so far, I think that is doable, even with this stretchy pheno. Just have to be better prepared next time!

ClassV

ClassV

DAY 22: Starting 4th week of flower. 1” per day of stretch continues like clockwork. Bent two tops on plant #1 this morning. Decided to put em under the HPS today. Don’t see any point in running the MH against the stretch anymore, and I want to get some red light going. I’m also hoping the increased light penetration will help out the meager secondary growth.

Also been troubleshooting the nutes/coco thing. I realized that with such a light feeding concentration, the Calmag supplementation has my Ca out of balance with K. No problem correcting that for now, and the coco will start releasing more K soon anyway . I’m pretty sure the CEC for Ca in the coco is set, but I’ll be watching for deficiencies all the same.

Pics taken before bending two of the tops on the plant to the left in the pic, and bringing the 600W HPS online.
IMG 01231
IMG 01241
IMG 01251

H

happy b

Hi Happy! I do not have a place to keep cuttings yet. In fact, I have never cloned anything in my life. My ambition for this grow was do decide whether or not I like the strain and if I can manage it within the restrictions of my setup. My plan is to take clones on the next run if I like SK, and to install a top drip system DTW. The DTW aspect is why the final height of the plants is so critical moving forward. 24 to 30 inches. I have to hit that target consistently to achieve the end goal. Don't need a huge yield. Just need consistency. From what I have seen so far, I think that is doable, even with this stretchy pheno. Just have to be better prepared next time!
i know you said you dont have room for cuttings but if you have height issues you really should look into useing clones for a couple of reasons.clones come from an adult plant and can be put into flower as soon as theyr rooted or atleast while theyr still small,and you can still get a decent yeild.and of course you would be able to chose a plant that fits your grow room perfectl giving you the exact consistency your looking for!rooting clones takes up almost no room atall and you can use almost any light to root them,iv rooted cuttings by sitting an old bedroom lamp with the base broke off directly ontop of the humidity dome with 100% success.my point is you dont really need a "grow space"to root clones.just find a spot out the way,take the cuts in whichever method you choose,put em in the propogater ,leave em for a week or two and BOOM a constant supply of your best pheno to fuck around with,practice shit with.thers nothing worse than fucking up expensiv seeds trying to work out this and that.when you fuck up with cuttings it doesnt matter...you,l hav an endless supply!trust me classV it would be a good move for you to make at some point in the near future.it takes out most of the guess work and makes it all SO MUCH easier.good luck buddy.

ClassV

ClassV

You're right Happy. I need to start working with clones. Problem is where to keep em while I have other plants in flower. Like a small tent thing with a small light? How do you guys do it?

H

happy b

I bought a couple cfls with blue spec bulb and cleared out a cupboard.the money you save not needing to buy seeds every time is good.you can use anything,even a large cardboard box would do!the possibilities are endless.if its somewere with height probs get the cfl tubes.i used to only use seeds,i suppose i thought i was ok doing it with seeds but i always ended up sitting with tasteless,inferior weed as its just agamble growing from seeds.you always hav to smoke shitty phenos all the time.i suppose i just couldnt be bothered putting the effort in..till i realised it isnt any!without doubt its the best move i made.you can pick up a clone tent/station with light and all cloning equipment for less than £60.its well worth it.before you go out buying stuff try rooting the bottoms that get chopped and thrown away wen lollipopping just for fun,dont forget theyr only clones and dont cost anything past a wee bit of effort.i hope im not coming off as a nutcase.lol.just trying to point ya in right direction buddy good luck.heres a wee pick of my wee daft veg room just to giv you an idea.20141027 012814

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks a bunch, Happy. You've got me kind of excited about this. I have two RP SK seeds left to play with. I may pop those things and see what this cloning thing is all about, and run a couple of cuts after this batch is done. The one thing I'd have to consider as far as keeping moms around would be the medium. I grow in coco. Might need to look into something different for keeping the moms.

H

happy b

Yeah classV get em going!youv no idea how many times iv heard growers(includeing myself)say theyr chaseing a particular pheno of whatever strain coz they had THEE one wen they first started growing but they didnt do cttings at that point and they didnt know what they had until it was chopped down.you go for it buddy.i wish you all the luck and success in the world.let us know how it goes when you do.are your sour og still streching or is the growth starting to level out yet?i heard someone say(although im not sure if its true)that if you leave your plants in 24hours of darkness it helps kill the stretch abit.again,dont know if theres any truth watsoever to that one.i think it was arjan and franco from greenhouse that came away with that so i doubt it!lol.

ClassV

ClassV

Will do, Happy! As for the SKs, the stretch slowed drastically over the weekend. All but stopped actually. Most of the vertical growth is in the secondaries right now. With the bending, the plants peak at shade under 30 inches today. The main tops form the canopy, with the secondaries several inches below them. Got a small bit of frost on the upper bud sites and calyxes are starting to form. They still feed at very low EC. Got a little bit of tip burn turning up the nutes for mid bloom, but everything is dialed in now. In coco they seem very sensitive, but they are also forgiving and very vigorous.

I think we are almost set for the duration. :)

H

happy b

Good on you class.from your last pics they look very healthy and i like the way you bent em.and by the way,your wee flower room looks tip top.thumbs up.

ClassV

ClassV

Good on you class.from your last pics they look very healthy and i like the way you bent em.and by the way,your wee flower room looks tip top.thumbs up.

Thanks, Happy. Without you and RG offering timely and helpful advice, this thing would have gotten away form me pretty fast. Much respect and gratitude to you both!!!

H

happy b

Glad i could help.you can pm me anytime you like,though i am by no means a pro grower.just a small scale grower for personal for me and a few close freinds.the only advice i can giv is whats worked for me.

ClassV

ClassV

Hi Happy. They are still adding height, but at a much slower rate. The plants are about 30 and 31.5 inches now. The worst is over on the stretch. Still trying to dial up the nutes, but getting close to the sweet spot, and the plants are doing good. The bigger one is really putting on some flowers now. It's a real pretty plant.

I'll post up some pics later today. Hope all is good and green with you, man!

H

happy b

Hi Happy. They are still adding height, but at a much slower rate. The plants are about 30 and 31.5 inches now. The worst is over on the stretch. Still trying to dial up the nutes, but getting close to the sweet spot, and the plants are doing good. The bigger one is really putting on some flowers now. It's a real pretty plant.

I'll post up some pics later today. Hope all is good and green with you, man!
Ha not exactly good n green class,im having some problems with root rot or something on my dwc goji og seedlings at the moment.im freaking out coz theyr my last five and the first five were all male and you cant buy em anywere now.i just hope this doesnt stress em to turn male.im thinking on playing it safe and just cut away royten roots and put em in soil,net pots an all.

ClassV

ClassV

Dang, Happy. Sounds like you got snake bit! I’m real sorry to hear about these problems. Hope you can ride it out and save some of those babies. Hang in there, man. Let us know how it turns out.

Sorry for the PIC quality. Day 27 of 12/12. The taller plant to the left in the photo is the best one by far. I am beginning to see the light about keeping cuttings around.

DAY 27 of Flowering
IMG 01262

IMG 01281
IMG 01271

ClassV

ClassV

Starting Week 5 of Flowering today. Not much to report or show. The topping for 4 colas gambit [ Uncle Ben ] really took, especially on the plant to the left. Vertical growth is creeping now, mostly due to the colas topping off, I think.

Still grappling with the nute thing. I went from H3ad 6/9 to straight up Lucas modified for the K tendencies in coco and to drop the N. Basically 1-1-1.5. I'm on week 5 of flower and fed this morning at 0.5 EC! Foliage looks good. Roots are great. Buds are forming. Frankly I don't see how they are even alive. Right now I am down to 1.5/3 ml per gal micro and bloom. If I go up a bit, I see tip burn or signs of two much N. If I go low a little bit, I see deficiencies starting to form up. So I just keep watching em and making tiny adjustments. Anybody else ever run these things in coco coir?

Anybody have a recommendation on a cheap but good digital camera? LOL
IMG 01311
IMG 01332
IMG 01351

Top Bottom