Third Grow. First Journal. Reserva Privada Sour OG Kush Feminized.

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassV

ClassV

Coolness! Keep us posted if you don't mind. Dunno about the bushy pheno, but for the taller one you appear to be very nicely staged for a great run based on what I have seen in the past several weeks. Really well done, dude!

ClassV

ClassV

This is kind of a coco specific observation, but I am still struck by the low feeding aspect of these plants. I’m ending week 6 of 12/12 feeding at 0.4 EC for full strength in the morning, and then at half strength about an hour before lights out. The nutes are GH Micro and Bloom with some RE, a bit of CalMag, and a bit of Floralicious Plus. I burned the plants during veg, so it’s possible they were rendered more sensitive to concentrations by that event. Far from seeing deficiency, I have encountered N toxicity and tip burn with efforts to increase the EC.

But here’s the thing. The few grow reports I have seen on this Breeder’s SK do not seem to indicate light feeders. So I wonder… if the strain can flower without signs of deficiency on EC of 0.6 down to 0.4, then what of the guys reporting hermies who might be pumping nutes into em at 1.6 EC or higher? If I had not torched these girls early on, would they be more tolerant of a higher concentration that the plant doesn’t need or want? Again, this seems to apply more to Hydro/Coco, and it’s just a thought.

RG420

RG420

That is a good point bro! Specially with the hermie stories people been getting.... Well your flowering 2 and didn't have a cross dressers! So that's a good sign :D
Oh and mine have gone 12/12 tonight! Fingers crossed I can keep em dialled in....

ClassV

ClassV

Hi RG! I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Not a lot to see. They are building calyx and throwing fewer pistils. I'm not anticipating a big harvest, but I'm pretty happy with how things are progressing.

Yeah... no hermies here yet. And it's not like I didn't thrash em a bit. To the extent that you can, watch out for nitrogen as you progress through flowering. That seems to be the element they bark about most. From what I saw on your PE journal, you should be right on top of it if you run into some fussiness.

I'm very interested to see how yours progress, so please feel free to share your work here anytime! :)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hello ClassV, First I want to say, Just a great job keeping up this grow. Want to put a little input. First based on your wanting to be in complete control of how your plants feed in soil. I want to recommend going to General Organics 8 part system over the standard old GH formula after using it for over four years. This way you can better control specific problems based on individual needs with a lot more leeway . In this manner you will be able to adjust sooner with more flexibility and less long term side affects. Second I want to say Reserva Pravda has very stable Fem seeds and just want to note that micro managing how they feed can be a stressful thing also. A lot of strains need weeks not days to adjust to their environment changes above ground and below. Always perfect leaves does not always mean a happy plant!:)

Cheers!

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks for dropping by Orca! I’m actually growing in Coco rather than soil, but point taken concerning the G.O. line of nutes. To be honest, I have never checked them out before, but I have seen the results you shared in your journal, so I’ll definitely visit their site. I intend to run SK again on the next grow and learn to work this one strain before moving on to something new. I was already considering trying another line of nutes, and your suggestion came in right on time!

Second I want to say Reserva Pravda has very stable Fem seeds and just want to note that micro managing how they feed can be a stressful thing also.

Stressful for me, or stressful for them? :D Actually that is a really good point, and it is something I well keep in mind moving forward. I appreciate you taking the time to offer the benefit of your experience!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey ClassV, Glad you liked the feedback. Sorry about the coco mix up. I have been trying everything but making my own soil mix. My results have had no variations, store bought coco to soil. And I think that my own mix is in the future for me and my plants.:) My insight to a plants health is like a heartbeat. A nice fluctuation in Light, Temps, and Humidity. Because a perfect flat line is lifeless! I just love growing anything I can. Fun talking!

Last edited:
ClassV

ClassV

Week 7 of Flower, Day 43. Kind of a leafy mess in the middle, but there are as some nugs working in there. The plant to the right with the wider spread on the colas is the best one. Sorry that I can't bring better pics. Still limited to the ipad for a camera.
IMG 01481
IMG 01531
IMG 01551
IMG 01591

ClassV

ClassV

Starting Week 8 of flowering. The plant that had been most promising started yellowing out and dying. Nute related. Again. Can never tell if they are getting to much or too little. I think I have this narrowed down to too much Ca locking out Su. This grow simply didn’t work out. I’ll harvest this mess at nine weeks and move on. Very disappointed.

ClassV

ClassV

Okay... this is kind of a long post, but it should be documented in the journal, just in case it is of use to somebody else growing this strain in Coco Coir.

The yellowing started with the top leaves. As it has progressed, there are signs of K lockout as well. Went through the progressions to figure it out, ( no bugs, roots look good, no salt buildup ) and the only thing I can figure is the calmag supplementation may have locked out sulfur. Had to decide whether to approach it as over or under feeding. Given that they had been light feeders all along, and that the runoff EC was relatively stable, I opted to treat it as Lockout. I'd rather underfeed them than burn them as I try to get a handle on it.

Basing all of this on reading, not experience, I really just took a guess: The yellowing of the upper leaves first, suggests a sulfur deficiency. Evidently, sulfur can be locked out in the presence of too much calcium. With such light feeders, the Ca supplementation is a little high in respect to the ratios I'm using. My assumption was that with Coco, that 1ml/gal of CalMag would not be a problem, even this late into flowering. But maybe the strain uses very little Ca from the git-go and I've been stuffing Ca into the coco, and the exchange of Ca in the medium may be in a state where the medium is releasing Ca. Again, I'm guessing, because the cation exchange with coco is something that is still a little mysterious too me.

A round of low EC flushing seemed to calm things down, so I slowly started to raise the EC of the feed with half the original CalMag supplementation, and the yellowing came back with a vengeance. So now I'll go with base nutes only, and keep raising the EC and watch. If it was hungry all along, I'll be headed in the right direction anyway.

I'm bummed out, but hey... no nanners yet... and I got another pack!!! :D
Plant #1 Old Yeller
IMG 01641

Plant # 2. Up until now, she had been the more fussy girl.
IMG 01661

ClassV

ClassV

Wow, what a ride. Plant #1 looks like hell, and Plant #2 ( the one that had been the fussy girl all along) is going gang busters. I have yet to discern the issue with #1. I don’t think it is root rot, because she feeds from her roots well enough based on the EC of the runoff. Still no sigh of bugs. Dropping the calmag slowed down the yellowing , necrosis, and P a K def on #1, ( and definitely helped out plant #2 )

I feel fortunate that Plant # 1 is still in the game, and I’m still deliberating as to whether or not I’ll put her on water this week and take her at the end of week 9. Hate to do it if there is a chance she can make use of another week to put on weight. Such a shame. She was a real beauty and looked to be a good yielder.

Pics coming soon.

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks for commenting, Toaster. I thought about foliar feeding, but I was concerned about getting the solution on the buds. Not long after it all started, I noticed that only one plant was severely affected, so I was less sure of my original thoughts on sulfer.

But now that you mention it… and for future reference… do you foliar feed during flower? Is there any risk to the buds with foliar feeding in your experience?

Toaster79

Toaster79

I keep them spraying with solution of Epsom and BioBizz Heaven (aminos). Put them in shower and give them a rinse if you fear residue on your buds. You could also top dress a pinch of Epsom when feeding with basics. But in this case, if things go even souther, you would have to flush. I'd give them a foliar just to see their reaction. But someone more experienced wil chime in I'm sure.

+++++Vibes

H

happy b

Sorry toaster and i dont want to offend but i gotta disagree with u on the spraying.spraying your buds at such an advanced stage in flowering can only do more harm than good.the chance of getting bud rot or mould is too high i think.i wouldnt risk it to correct something so minor at that late stage.the problem isnt that bad that i would spray so late.spraying buds so late in flower is for extreme emergencies only.thats just my opinion though.

ClassV

ClassV

Hiya, Happy! Long time no see. The plant actually got much worse, but I think it’s stable now. Diminished but not dead. I’m gonna let her limp along and see how she does.

Still in a learning curve with coco, but I think I figured out what happened here, and I think the Flora Plus ( Fulvic ) played a part. I’ll be more careful on the next run.

Took your and RG’s advice got a little tent and a T5 for seedlings and cuttings! Found a really good deal so Christmas came early! Just need to set aside time to set it up, and plant some beans while this run finishes up!

ClassV

ClassV

Here are is a pic of em after the evening meal. Old Yeller has regained her appetite in a big way, which is encouraging. To late for the foliage, but maybe the buds will start putting on some weight if I can just keep em between the ditches for a little longer.
IMG 01681

H

happy b

Well done on getting the wee tent and t5.it takes a bit of time to select a good mother and get your cuttings on the go therl be no stopping you buddy.i know toaster suggested spraying and he obviously does it with no probs but i feel for what little foliar feeding could help i dont think its worth the risk.i actually feel bad about disagreeing with a fellow farmer who takes the time to advise others but its not personal of course.i hav total respect fot other farmers and their views.i just dont want to see you fuck up your first crop by trying to do a perfect grow.best to just play it safe class V.your plants look fine for the stage theyr at.just be careful wen u flush
Somtimes wen i heavily flush my plants i get a small bit of bud rot because it raises the moisture in my room too much.

Top Bottom