This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah times like this is like someone throwing a pile of shit at you and your options are mouth open or closed But coming off a killer grow hopefully takes some of the sting out if it.
It does and it doesnt. It was nice to have a good grow for sure, but being set back this long puts my supply chain into a deficit big time, because of a weird random chance... lol

Is what it is. Not sure how to proceed, but I'll come up with something.
These 6 plants better be fucking good lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These 6 plants better be fucking good lol.
Thats the spirit... im sure you will figure it out... usually a few drink and I can solve anything. At least it feels that way.

I'm sure you will come up with something

TheKushie

TheKushie

Good idea, where do you get the glass syringes? Couldnt you just use a regular 1ml syringe?
Sorry for late reply I've seen them use as oil/disilate dispenser but yes plastic works good too just thought you'd like the glass version better for reuse.

TheKushie

TheKushie

Don't knot if it's an option but maybe rent a U-Haul trailer for drying or storage it it's worth it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thats the spirit... im sure you will figure it out... usually a few drink and I can solve anything. At least it feels that way.

I'm sure you will come up with something

I'm not sure if drinking is the best idea but I do have a plan. I'm cutting down everything except the big purple stud.

Hopefully my clones root, or I'm up shit creek without a paddle.

If they do, I'll start fresh with 6 BMS, 6 garlic breath, 1 FZ, 1 cheese, 1 platinum cookies and 1 HBCM.

But yeah, fuck, this sucks.

Madmax

Madmax

Man thats a big kick in the guts..normally youd get 60% or more f to m ratio..thats pretty unlucky mate.id b pretty pissed off..have you ever examined the seeds before selecting which ones.ive had more success selecting seeds that are more round in appearance for females .
Hope you can come up with something to save what you started..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man thats a big kick in the guts..normally youd get 60% or more f to m ratio..thats pretty unlucky mate.id b pretty pissed off..have you ever examined the seeds before selecting which ones.ive had more success selecting seeds that are more round in appearance for females .
Hope you can come up with something to save what you started..

Yeah it is pretty unreal, I've never had this low a ratio in 20 years. But no it's done, this grow is over. I've at least got some clones hopefully to use soon.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah it is pretty unreal, I've never had this low a ratio in 20 years. But no it's done, this grow is over. I've at least got some clones hopefully to use soon.
Could you at least grow the girls out for seed outside? Like, for the hell of it? Just pollinate them with a dad and keep the seeds in case you want them? Or maybe try out two dads against each other branch by branch? Idk, seems like why not if they can survive outside long enough to give you seeds. Worst case it's a practice run for when you give a shit about seeds again.

Come to think of it this is really not the worst idea anyway if you keep track of who is who you will already have the seeds of the chosen lady...just only finding out with the clone later. Assuming those all make it and you had any interest in pursuing this line anyway.

Sorry I'm rambling I'm very baked. I hope this makes sense as a thought even if it's not right for your situation.

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey dirtbag , I missed the original plan , if you have the energy can you tell me what happened ?
From what I get you grew a bunch of seeds , then you took clones off all and flipped hoping to preserve the good plants in clone form and harvest the remaining selected females ?
How many seeds did you plant ?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hey dirtbag , I missed the original plan , if you have the energy can you tell me what happened ?
From what I get you grew a bunch of seeds , then you took clones off all and flipped hoping to preserve the good plants in clone form and harvest the remaining selected females ?
At the risk of speaking for him, I believe he started with 24.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, started with 23 plants from seed, took clones of each and then flipped. Ended up with 6 females, so if all the clones root I'll have 12 females there.

But with them being in 1 gal coco I need them at the same stage to use the automated watering system. So i cant exactly easily put those 12 clones in here with these, and again I dry in here so i cant be staggering the harvest by that much.
I'm starting over.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Could you at least grow the girls out for seed outside? Like, for the hell of it? Just pollinate them with a dad and keep the seeds in case you want them? Or maybe try out two dads against each other branch by branch? Idk, seems like why not if they can survive outside long enough to give you seeds. Worst case it's a practice run for when you give a shit about seeds again.

Come to think of it this is really not the worst idea anyway if you keep track of who is who you will already have the seeds of the chosen lady...just only finding out with the clone later. Assuming those all make it and you had any interest in pursuing this line anyway.

Sorry I'm rambling I'm very baked. I hope this makes sense as a thought even if it's not right for your situation.

Maybe if I hit them with fungicide but I dont like doing that. By middle of October here everything is rotten. These wont be done until early November at this rate.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Maybe if I hit them with fungicide but I dont like doing that. By middle of October here everything is rotten. These wont be done until early November at this rate.

Merp.

Would they need to go outside if they are pollinated anyway? I mean at that point drying is not an issue...and they would be out of there before you needed the space fully? Maybe?

Idk just trying to see if the well is dry for anything I can think of. Feel for ya. This sucks.
L

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So 24 and you expected about a dozen females plants with luck on your side....
I was hoping for 10, 12 would have been nice and more a bonus. I had a couple spare plants sitting to fill space but not enough to make up these kinda numbers, the room is bare. Pretty rare to get 25% females from 2 seperate packs of 12 seeds. Just really shitty luck.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yeah, started with 23 plants from seed, took clones of each and then flipped. Ended up with 6 females, so if all the clones root I'll have 12 females there.

But with them being in 1 gal coco I need them at the same stage to use the automated watering system. So i cant exactly easily put those 12 clones in here with these, and again I dry in here so i cant be staggering the harvest by that much.
I'm starting over.
Ok got it now
But the clones were made for future keeper preservation ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok got it now
But the clones were made for future keeper preservation ?
You bet. I still have the genetics from the 6 females, assuming they root.
I'm not even really upset about the lack of females, it's the luck of the draw. I took a risk and gambled on the odds of getting at least 40% female from 24 seeds. I cant remember a time I got less than 4/10. Shit happens. I'm just a bit choked at how much production time I'm losing farting around here...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I was hoping for 10, 12 would have been nice and more a bonus. I had a couple spare plants sitting to fill space but not enough to make up these kinda numbers, the room is bare. Pretty rare to get 25% females from 2 seperate packs of 12 seeds. Just really shitty luck.
So my next question is... Out of a pack of 12 regs, how many females do you usually get? Is it usually 50% or close to it? Is this the worst you’ve ever done? Or do you usually start straight from clone?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So my next question is... Out of a pack of 12 regs, how many females do you usually get? Is it usually 50% or close to it? Is this the worst you’ve ever done? Or do you usually start straight from clone?
I usually do run clones, especially in the last 10 years, but I will typically crack a few packs of seeds a year to mix things up. In 20 years I've probably sprouted a thousand seeds or more anyway. And it almost always falls in that 40-60% range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom