This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Last night I was a bit shocked, but today I'm simply, really fucking pissed off. I should be halfway through flower with a full room right now, but no.. had to run fuckin seeds...
And with so few females to choose from now it's not even fucking close to calling it a phenohunt. So this cycle will be made up of very few untested females for a production run?. I do not like the thought of that at all. And I'll be fucked if I run another pack of seeds in there right now.

I dont know what my plan is but fuck, am I ever angry this morning.
Well I don't know if you remember the unicorn seed in my dirt mess. It was the last to pop and was behind. I considered tossing it at the start. It has the second biggest buds and most trich production with nice even branching. No smoke yet but for the BFT its a hopeful mother for me.

I'm notnsayimg your gonna find something your happy with because of the shit luck but even bad odds can pay off much like good odds can kick you in the ass.

Its not over till its over brother. May not seen like great odds but you truly never know.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I know... I'm such a control freak, things like this when bad luck and random chance gets the better of me, it just sends me off seeing red..

One commenter nailed it, this song hits different when everything around you is actually pissing you off lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I hear you man, I got 2 out of 7 on one batch, I was counting on 3 or 4. I couldn't justify burning my 1000w for 2 plants so I vegged them until I grew more fems from seed. 2 months later I turned 2 beautiful big girls and 3 regular, A long time between harvests and I was chipping at one way before I should have just to prevent buying any.

I'm having an issue ( I believe ) with a new lamp I bought a Visosun 1000w cheap of Amazon $50 but it didn't have the intensity of any other lamps I've had. My last lamp ( a Eye Hortilux ) are out of range to buy now but after 1 year of pretty steady use I bought a cheap one to replace it. Right off the start it had black ends on the core and I can visibly see a less bright & intense light. I turned the ballast to 110% but no real difference. I used my cheap lux meter and on my canopy I got 29 - 30 - 31,000 lux. I switched lamps to my old Eye Hort and I'm getting 30 - 31 - 37 on the canopy ( the light swings a bit because of the fans). I/m staying with the Eye Hort for now while I lodge a complaint with Amazon.

What kind of numbers am I looking for on the top off a new light? I think ( grey matter) you wrote about your numbers on a previous thread.

Honestly I go by eye most of the time lol. I have a LUX meter but I think I've only ever used it once.
But with a new chinese lamp It hit about 38 - 40K, 2' from the lamp IIRC. But dont quote me on that.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Honestly I go by eye most of the time lol. I have a LUX meter but I think I've only ever used it once.
But with a new chinese lamp It hit about 38 - 40K, 2' from the lamp IIRC. But dont quote me on that.
Ya, I'm about 18" and 29,000 - 30,000 is too low for a new lamp. Visosun 1000w hps sucks. I've put in 2 complaints, Amazon and the seller. We'll see what happens.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ya, I'm about 18" and 29,000 - 30,000 is too low for a new lamp. Visosun 1000w hps sucks. I've put in 2 complaints, Amazon and the seller. We'll see what happens.
That's way too low. This is the brand I've been using and I like them a lot. Its actually noticably brighter than the hortilux lamps, and much less than half the price. This website looks like a better place to shop compared to Amazon also.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Holy hell... I left the island to get more coco and pots so I'll be ready for these clones as soon as they root, no time to waste.
Fucking long weekend means I'll be waiting almost 3 hrs in a ferry lineup to get back on the island. And I'm hitting every red light AND crosswalk..

Jesus take the wheel.. lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man... Buddy at the hydro store threw me a bunch more JOTI samples lol..
Looks like thug pug is really whoring out that garlic breath. Jordan has a cross of it too.
Who knows, maybe the silver lining to this whole shitfest is in one of these packs (notice that these packs do, literally have a silver lining..) Sadly gonna be a while before I find out.
20200905 101553

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Alright... Ive had 3 cups of coffee, 4 joints and some time to think on this, and I've come up with a new plan.

I'm gonna put the mature plants I have along the outside rows, and they will be watered by the automated system. That will be 3 each BMS and garlic breath, 2 forbidden zkittlez, 2 HBCM, 2 Dragon cheese, and a platinum cookies.

I'll take one of each clone and run them up the middle, also in 1 gallon pots but these I will handwater once a day. The second clone of each pheno will be kept as a mother.

I'll keep pollen from the nicest 2 males from the Garlic breath and the nicest BMS male, I've got quite a few to choose from... Probably one green and one purple from the GB line. That will give me 4 male pollen donors including the forbidden zkittlez pollen I already have.

The fun part is I'll use the small clones in the middle two rows to pollinate for seeds, as they will be easy to remove from the shed to do the deed.. This gives me the opportunity to pollinate my platinum cookies as well, with a branch of each donor male.

So I'll get some weed to keep me going and a ton of seeds, hopefully. This plan is likely better than waiting almost 4 months for another crop starting over from scratch..

Here are some fun pics... The guys all hanging around outside waiting for their assignments..
20200905 121809

Clone tray before pulling males..
20200905 123016

Clone tray after pulling males..
20200905 124123

Man babies headed for the trash..
20200905 124102

My 3 standout males so far..
20200905 122235

Who knows how this will unfold, but I'm gonna roll with it and see what happens. Cant win 'em all...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Alright... Ive had 3 cups of coffee, 4 joints and some time to think on this, and I've come up with a new plan.

I'm gonna put the mature plants I have along the outside rows, and they will be watered by the automated system. That will be 3 each BMS and garlic breath, 2 forbidden zkittlez, 2 HBCM, 2 Dragon cheese, and a platinum cookies.

I'll take one of each clone and run them up the middle, also in 1 gallon pots but these I will handwater once a day. The second clone of each pheno will be kept as a mother.

I'll keep pollen from the nicest 2 males from the Garlic breath and the nicest BMS male, I've got quite a few to choose from... Probably one green and one purple from the GB line. That will give me 4 male pollen donors including the forbidden zkittlez pollen I already have.

The fun part is I'll use the small clones in the middle two rows to pollinate for seeds, as they will be easy to remove from the shed to do the deed.. This gives me the opportunity to pollinate my platinum cookies as well, with a branch of each donor male.

So I'll get some weed to keep me going and a ton of seeds, hopefully. This plan is likely better than waiting almost 4 months for another crop starting over from scratch..

Here are some fun pics... The guys all hanging around outside waiting for their assignments..View attachment 1026255

Clone tray before pulling males..View attachment 1026256

Clone tray after pulling males..View attachment 1026253

Man babies headed for the trash..View attachment 1026254

My 3 standout males so far..View attachment 1026257

Who knows how this will unfold, but I'm gonna roll with it and see what happens.
This sounds like a good plan to me, given the circumstances.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This sounds like a good plan to me, given the circumstances.
I figure I'm gonna be taking a hit from this one way or another. I can be done starting over in 8 weeks with a pound or 2 and a ton of seeds, or I can start over next weekend, and pull a hopefully normal crop in 13-14 weeks. Is there such a thing as a normal crop? Anyway its 6 of one, half dozen of the other. And this option also should hopefully give me the seed stockpile I want to run a proper high number phenohunt. It's impossible buying seeds at over $100 a pack. I truly just hope I get at least one keeper from this whole lot worth breeding.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Here are some fun pics... The guys all hanging around outside waiting for their assignments..View attachment 1026255

Clone tray before pulling males..View attachment 1026256

Clone tray after pulling males..View attachment 1026253

Man babies headed for the trash..View attachment 1026254

My 3 standout males so far..View attachment 1026257

Who knows how this will unfold, but I'm gonna roll with it and see what happens. Cant win 'em all...
Nice plan for the males, you should call it Operation Sausage Party.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

It is pure luck. And I want to make it clear that I do not hold this against @Dragonsflame whatsoever, in a pile of seeds, who is to know that there is a cluster of male seeds,... it just is what it is.

Some shitty luck for me lol...

Yeah if anything the genetics saved you a little bit. Imagine if you got a female ratio this low, but you also had a bunch of runts.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah if anything the genetics saved you a little bit. Imagine if you got a female ratio this low, but you also had a bunch of runts.
True. I'm still hopeful I'll pull a diamond outta this. BMS #11 pheno is looking promising so far, it has the strongest structure and the clones of it have a heavy bush of roots already.
And with the amount of extra light they're gonna get, who knows they might fill the room more than I expect.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think the other benefit to going this route is it gives me time to prepare the next cycle. If I play my cards right it could smooth out with little loss to my annual yield.

I'm thinking if I have the next batch ready to go, pre-vegged, maybe a few weeks old and a foot tall and healthy under T5, and go with 24 plants on a 1 week veg rather than 16 plants on a 4 week veg, I can maybe shave some time off the next cycle. Which is what I'll really need after this small yield crop. Make the ends meet so to speak.

Top Bottom