This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oh shit, found this on my porch this afternoon!
20210817 141138

20210817 142439

Sf4000 now comes with an external dimmer
20210817 141000

Looks to be well constructed and very well packaged.
But what I like the most is the unique diode layout which concentrates them in the corner of the panels for better light spread. I'll be honest, I'm pretty impressed with this light just judging by appearances. Obviously how it performs will be the true test.
20210817 140948
20210817 140235
20210817 140238

And a 4x4 tent too!

I need to say a big thanks to @SpiderFarmerLED for generously supplying me with this gear to run a grow cycle with and give my honest feedback on. As a 20+ year HID grower with zero LED experience, im both nervous and excited to see what this technology will do for my growing game. And I'm honestly curious to see what kind of production I could get from a 4x4.

I'll be starting up the grow diary in the next couple weeks hopefully if all goes to plan. Really excited for this one. Now my mind is really going lol, to use Co2 or not... I've got some questions to answer.

20210817 140220
Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Christmas come early. What’s the plan for ladies in the 4x4?
Good question lol.
My cuts went funky from the oil spray and mites wiped out the outdoor plants. So I'm starting fresh either with cuts from my buddy or seeds. If I go the seeds route I'll likely do the Dragons stash red version. But my buddy said he has some cuts for me next week, I just don't know what strains yet. Hoping to get the wedding crasher back.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Subscribed! Looking forward to see how this turns out..

How would you use CO2 in a tent? Seal the room the tent is in?
I'd basically use poly to block off a 4x4x7' area directly beside the tent for a lung room and have my Co2 tank, AC and dehu in there, and circulate air from the tent to the lung room and back. I'd have to seal the tent up pretty well, but im a creative guy.

Anthem

Anthem

Good question lol.
My cuts went funky from the oil spray and mites wiped out the outdoor plants. So I'm starting fresh either with cuts from my buddy or seeds. If I go the seeds route I'll likely do the Dragons stash red version. But my buddy said he has some cuts for me next week, I just don't know what strains yet. Hoping to get the wedding crasher back.
Dirtbag, you let the spiked punch and wedding crashers go south?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dirtbag, you let the spiked punch and wedding crashers go south?
Dude, if you had any idea how many gems I've let go south...lol. this year was a really bad year for spider mites outdoors with the weather we've had. Wasn't much i could do, I washed the cuttings a little too hard attempting to remove any eggs and damaged the leaves, they discolored and went rotten. Outside plants were infested and in Canada we have absolutely zero access to anything that will kill the two spotted mite reliably. Pesticide ban here is real. I tried all the things I could on my outdoor plants with no success in knocking down the infestation so the only option is to scrap it and start over.
I've learned not to get too attached to strains lol. Another great one always comes down the pipe.

Anthem

Anthem

Dude, if you had any idea how many gems I've let go south...lol. this year was a really bad year for spider mites outdoors with the weather we've had. Wasn't much i could do, I washed the cuttings a little too hard attempting to remove any eggs and damaged the leaves, they discolored and went rotten. Outside plants were infested and in Canada we have absolutely zero access to anything that will kill the two spotted mite reliably. Pesticide ban here is real. I tried all the things I could on my outdoor plants with no success in knocking down the infestation so the only option is to scrap it and start over.
I've learned not to get too attached to strains lol. Another great one always comes down the pipe.
I was just bumped out for you DB. Those flowers from both where some of the nicest, frostiest stuff I have ever seen. That wedding crashers is a gem. Hard to get. I just put some of the SP in my flower room hoping for some good results. Dragon Flames Blackberry Moonshine is nice as well.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was just bumped out for you DB. Those flowers from both where some of the nicest, frostiest stuff I have ever seen. That wedding crashers is a gem. Hard to get. I just put some of the SP in my flower room hoping for some good results. Dragon Flames Blackberry Moonshine is nice as well.
Confirmed I'll be getting wedding crasher back, and possibly others. If I can get enough WC cuts I'll run that on its own.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I bought an eighth of this at local dispensary last year.
was good enough, cost was ridiculous.
your lucky to have friends in “high places”.
I'll admit I haven't had any commercially grown weed yet, besides broken coast anyway. I'd be curious to see how different that WC is to my cut. Infact I think I sent you some WC with the SP, was mine similar to that govt weed?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nah. Yours put me on my ass. Way more potent. Tasted more fruity too.
I think proper drying and curing practices have a long way to go in commercial facilities.

But I won't lie, it's good to have connections. Sadly my dude is moving to the shuswap in the spring, so I'll need to hang onto these cuts for dear life lol. Nah I'm sure he will mail me more. 🤣

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Decided I'm gonna leave Co2 out for this run. I want somewhat of a baseline to compare against, if I run Co2 and get massive buds I won't know how much the light contributed vs the gas. So vented it is. Which is a bit relieving honestly lol... A LOT easier for me to get started.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I ordered Neem oil off Amazon...I think N.S. is still in Canada. They elected a PC government last night though. We may have to watch our growing now that the religious right has taken over a majority government.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I ordered Neem oil off Amazon...I think N.S. is still in Canada. They elected a PC government last night though. We may have to watch our growing now that the religious right has taken over a majority government.
I'm not going to judge to quick, this PC part is far different then the past, Tim is more left then right, Even last night Steve from CTV said that , he said is was like the PC and liberals switched spots, he said the PC's were sounding more liberal lol. but we'll see, I do know what was happening wasn't working.

Top Bottom