This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I ordered Neem oil off Amazon...I think N.S. is still in still in Canada.
I have a bottle of neem oil here. Tried that, along with rosemary oil, safers end all and a couple other things. Nothing killed them off.

Only things I've personally had or heard of people having luck killing spider mites with in the past, is Avid, Forbid and Floramite.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They elected a PC government last night though. We may have to watch our growing now that the religious right has taken over a majority government.

I'm hesitant to reply to this part since I'm extremely Apolitical, but I have to say I think the Libs are the ones who put the PC's in power, seems like they dug their own grave. I have a lot of friends back home who work in emergency services and to say that things have been in a bad way is an understatement.
That said, I think all political parties are corrupt and I don't align myself with any of them. So for me it's more of a spectator event with real life consequences. And one thing I've observed is that no matter who is in power, some group within society will lose some freedoms and the government will fuck things up either socially or economicaly somehow.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I'm hesitant to reply to this part since I'm extremely Apolitical, but I have to say I think the Libs are the ones who put the PC's in power, seems like they dug their own grave. I have a lot of friends back home who work in emergency services and to say that things have been in a bad way is an understatement.
That said, I think all political parties are corrupt and I don't align myself with any of them. So for me it's more of a spectator event with real life consequences. And one thing I've observed is that no matter who is in power, some group within society will lose some freedoms and the government will fuck things up either socially or economicaly somehow.
I agree with you, I as well have relatives in the healthcare, and the truth is, which many people don't understand, is Nova Scotia healthcare system is on the verge of collapse, if its not already started, one local hospital shut down yesterday and not opening until Thursday, most hospital shut down for weekends, our flagship hospital was closed for 24 hours during the week, My sister-in law went to out patients yesterday with bad pain, sleep on a hospital floor for hours, went to another one, got seen after 4 hours or so, its her appendix needs surgery right away, as of now a day later she hasn't seen anyone and is now lying in the back of an ambulance at the hospital. and she works at the hospital. 8 years of libs and I never seen things this bad.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I agree with you, I as well have relatives in the healthcare, and the truth is, which many people don't understand, is Nova Scotia healthcare system is on the verge of collapse, if its not already started, one local hospital shut down yesterday and not opening until Thursday, most hospital shut down for weekends, our flagship hospital was closed for 24 hours during the week, My sister-in law went to out patients yesterday with bad pain, sleep on a hospital floor for hours, went to another one, got seen after 4 hours or so, its her appendix needs surgery right away, as of now a day later she hasn't seen anyone and is now lying in the back of an ambulance at the hospital. and she works at the hospital. 8 years of libs and I never seen things this bad.
It's baaaaad. Friends of mine on a Fire dept back there tell me the wait times for ambulances all over the province are in excess of 3hrs if you can get one at all. And if you can, who knows what hospital you'll end up in. It's such a disaster I can't comprehend how it was allowed to get this bad.
At the end of the day, personally I believe that few entities on planet earth have the ability to mismanage public funds like an East coast liberal govt.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just gotta go back to this for a minute.. how F'n sexy is this diode Layout! I truely love the concept of having clustered diodes over the plants. Really makes me want to just roll with 4 plants so each one is centered beneath a panel corner. Either way I think it's gonna spread light extremely evenly. I've reached out to them to find the ppfd footprint map as I suspect this one looks a lot different than previous models.
Screenshot 20210804 164711 Samsung Internet

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Interesting diode layout indeed, a refreshing sight. Was it original wedding crasher you were talking about over here ? I tried a wc crossed with another strain. Have not experienced such crazy growth..

Turned out to be a male. I guess the biggest plants in veg usually turns out male.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Interesting diode layout indeed, a refreshing sight. Was it original wedding crasher you were talking about over here ? I tried a wc crossed with another strain. Have not experienced such crazy growth..

Turned out to be a male. I guess the biggest plants in veg usually turns out male.
That is true, and yes it's original wedding crasher. Beautiful plant.

And yeah after seeing some of the ppfd maps of the older models and other quantum boards, I was happily surprised to see this layout. In my mind it seems like a great way to combat the hotspot in the center and improve the light spread. Really curious to see the ppfd map for this model.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have a bottle of neem oil here. Tried that, along with rosemary oil, safers end all and a couple other things. Nothing killed them off.

Only things I've personally had or heard of people having luck killing spider mites with in the past, is Avid, Forbid and Floramite.
It worked for me but I used something like 30ml/gallon + 30m/gal l Dr.Bronners soap 3 times in 8 days followed by a heavy spray mist. I let the Neem & soap sit on the plants while I applied the solution to my other plants. Once they were all saturated with neem & soap I spray washed it off with my hose full blast on a fine mist. Most of my plants were 6-7ft tall. I think you might remember when I had them last year at this time. My wife supported them while I blasted them....They took a hit and were in a bit of shock for a while but they finnshed bug free. I still washed the girls at harvest though and smoked it all.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
A problem with health care in N.S. ?? it only took me 11 years to get my first hip replaced 3 years for the second one and that was under a PC gov. 2 years to get a wart removed off my nostril & 4 Drs appointments to get it done. Our Polititions all say they'll get us more Dr's but what Dr wants to work in our small dying towns? Most new young Dr's want more than what Shellburn,Liverpool, Digby & a multitude of other small depressed area's in Nova Scotia. have to offer.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Most young people in general want more than what Shellburn,Liverpool, Digby & a multitude of other small depressed area's in Nova Scotia. have to offer.
That's very true, but can also be said about any decent paying profession really. I edited your quote to reflect what I perceive to be closer to the reality. After all, the majority of people I grew up with in NS moved away for the prospect of a better life. And very few have moved back. Myself included.

But generally I think it would be possible to lure doctors to those communities if you just had adequate govt healthcare subsidization to offer them a competitive salary. It's a critically essential service, it can't be left to go the way of the cod fishing industry.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

That's very true, but can also be said about any decent paying profession really. I edited your quote to reflect what I perceive to be closer to the reality. After all, the majority of people I grew up with in NS moved away for the prospect of a better life. And very few have moved back. Myself included.

But generally I think it would be possible to lure doctors to those communities if you just had adequate govt healthcare subsidization to offer them a competitive salary. It's a critically essential service, it can't be left to go the way of the cod fishing industry.
Man I thought is was just the country to the South that had issues. The Cod Industry, great point Dirtbag.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

A problem with health care in N.S. ?? it only took me 11 years to get my first hip replaced 3 years for the second one and that was under a PC gov. 2 years to get a wart removed off my nostril & 4 Drs appointments to get it done. Our Polititions all say they'll get us more Dr's but what Dr wants to work in our small dying towns? Most new young Dr's want more than what Shellburn,Liverpool, Digby & a multitude of other small depressed area's in Nova Scotia. have to offer.
your right we always had issues with wait times, especially for hips knee's etc, But we are so far beyond that now its scary , And again I'll say this to a point I don't think people understand, we have hundreds of people dying, monthly that shouldn't be, a man died just the other day setting in out patients due to his diabetes, died waiting to see someone, his wife couldn't get him any help, a 19 year old died due to meningitis couldn't see a doctor, and the list goes on and on. my sister in law is still lying on a floor somewhere wait to get her appendix out. this is 3rd world healthcare. Do I think the PC party is going to walk in a fix everything nope, but hopefully some of their ideas works, because the liberals lost control of this crises a long time ago.

your right though high taxes , low wages and small town's don't help keep them.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
your right we always had issues with wait times, especially for hips knee's etc, But we are so far beyond that now its scary , And again I'll say this to a point I don't think people understand, we have hundreds of people dying, monthly that shouldn't be, a man died just the other day setting in out patients due to his diabetes, died waiting to see someone, his wife couldn't get him any help, a 19 year old died due to meningitis couldn't see a doctor, and the list goes on and on. my sister in law is still lying on a floor somewhere wait to get her appendix out. this is 3rd world healthcare. Do I think the PC party is going to walk in a fix everything nope, but hopefully some of their ideas works, because the liberals lost control of this crises a long time ago.

your right though high taxes , low wages and small town's don't help keep them.
I watched a guy die a few years ago in NS at the riverfront Jubilee in NG because of delayed ambulance time, I even posted about it here I think.

It pissed me off, iirc both myself as a licensed first responder and a nurse were offering security to help the guy on the ground, and we were turned away, they wouldn't let us assess this dude that was passed out in the recovery position near the toilets. I assumed it was an OD but who knows... It took nearly an hour for EHS to arrive and do cpr but buddy was long dead by that point. I didn't even see any FD first responders, don't know why they weren't called in. I was shocked. Nobody was trying to help him, Security was just keeping everyone away from him until EHS arrived.
EHS had been on site earlier but was called an hour away for something else when it happened.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I watched a guy die a few years ago in NS at the riverfront Jubilee in NG because of delayed ambulance time, I even posted about it here I think.

It pissed me off, iirc both myself as a licensed first responder and a nurse were offering security to help the guy on the ground, and we were turned away, they wouldn't let us assess this dude that was passed out in the recovery position near the toilets. I assumed it was an OD but who knows... It took nearly an hour for EHS to arrive and do cpr but buddy was long dead by that point. I didn't even see any FD first responders, don't know why they weren't called in. I was shocked. Nobody was trying to help him, Security was just keeping everyone away from him until EHS arrived.
EHS had been on site earlier but was called an hour away for something else when it happened.
We just had a guy here this week laying in his driveway for 3 hrs in Dartmouth waiting for an ambulance that was in Parsboro over 200km away. Smoke one ! this is way off topic and makes me pissed thinking about it.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thats not good. Did you tell these security people you are trained? Too bad to hear about the ambulance situation. Hope it improves and the place with the security people got new guidelines at least

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thats not good. Did you tell these security people you are trained? Too bad to hear about the ambulance situation. Hope it improves and the place with the security people got new guidelines at least
Yup, at the time the EMA was still issuing actual plastic licenses for FR's so I even had a first responder license on me that I was trying to show the fat fuk and he refused to even look at it. Same with the RN who was there. The ironic thing is I'm usually trashed at those things but I was actually stone cold sober that night.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Somebody pinch me... wait maybe drop an anvil on my head from a mountain top.

@Dirtbag LED??? FUCK YES BRO!

A dude takes a break and somehow I feel like Encino Man.

Have to read back after finished catching up on tags but yeah.... fucking pumped to see ya rock this shit brother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom