This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

They do employ their own trimmers, it's not a small operation by any means. Last I heard they were well over 3 million watts of lighting alone.
They were bought by another big fish last year for something like 165 million but they still sit on the board.

If you were to ask anyone who smokes the legal LP stuff in Canada who the best LP is, 9 times out of 10 they'll say its my buddies.

Thats my smoke right now,
50-80 an 8th for meh weed yay!

broken coast is alright i guess and cannafarms is too
everyone else is shit

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thats my smoke right now,
50-80 an 8th for meh weed yay!

broken coast is alright i guess and cannafarms is too
everyone else is shit

Lol yep, no arguing it's way overpriced. I've never bought their pot once lol...

And he even admitted that their quality has gone down recently because the demand is so high, and the company that bought them refuses to let them expand so they're constantly set back trying to fulfill orders and being forced to rush crops now. Hes not happy with the way things are going put it that way.. It's almost like they were purchased just to keep them from growing any bigger.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Lol yep, no arguing it's way overpriced. I've never bought their pot once lol...

And he even admitted that their quality has gone down recently because the demand is so high, and the company that bought them refuses to let them expand so they're constantly set back trying to fulfill orders and being forced to rush crops now. Hes not happy with the way things are going put it that way.. It's almost like they were purchased just to keep them from growing any bigger.

wouldn't surprise me,
everyone is just rushing to try to control 51% of the market so they can be the budwieser of pot
unfortunately for them, I dont think the pot market will work the way they think it will.
Farmers are smart enough to know the laws, so they cant really prohibit sales at the fence.

and cops arent going to waste money investigating unlicensed grow ops to any extent.

the only good is that going forward pot dealers wont sell hard shit, so access to that will hopefully go down.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's the type of buddy in your ear that will drop all the good knowledge. Lucky ass. Keep dropping it for us :P

You should check out this short doc made about them, it's very well done. Their grow is basically a large scale version of how you grow. They're a great bunch of dudes.
Kevin is a frickin plant wizard. Lots of knowledge dropped in this vid too

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You should check out this short doc made about them, it's very well done. Their grow is basically a large scale version of how you grow. They're a great bunch of dudes.
Kevin is a frickin plant wizard. Lots of knowledge dropped in this vid too

Legit! Just seeing the island makes me jelly as fuck man. So beautiful. Lol even the topping is pretty much what I do. I like them getting away with 4iner's since they don't have the vert height. I like the way they approached it.

Psssh see what the ppm breakdown on what they are feeding is. They got their shit dialed. That drying room is fucking tits. No clue who outfits that stuff. Looks like its from the butcher side of things what they use to make salamai. Think that's where I've seen that. Them some good buddies to have.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Legit! Just seeing the island makes me jelly as fuck man. So beautiful. Lol even the topping is pretty much what I do. I like them getting away with 4iner's since they don't have the vert height. I like the way they approached it.

Psssh see what the ppm breakdown on what they are feeding is. They got their shit dialed. That drying room is fucking tits. No clue who outfits that stuff. Looks like its from the butcher side of things what they use to make salamai. Think that's where I've seen that. Them some good buddies to have.

For sure. The stuff they're doing for research is pretty wild, and it's just awesome to finally get some real scientific answers about theories we've had in the growing world for decades like wet vs dry trimming, defoliation, hydro vs organic, how and which stressors cause hermaphrodites, nutrient demands... They were taking leaf tissue samples throughout all stages of growth for each strain and comparing that to nutrient concentrations in the block to adjust the nutrient solution.. pretty advanced shit honestly. It's kind of a bummer though to see that vid now, because they had just been bought and had hopes of expansion, but essentially they got throttled instead. When they pan over Gabriola island you can almost see my house lol. Its truely gods country. Or God bud country.. lol

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Something they got wrong in the video was suggesting BC bud depot was the breeder of God bud. Jordan of the islands was the breeder of God bud, BC bud depot got their hands on a cutting of it and entered the cup with it. Doucebags.
I've got Jordan's God in the room right now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Something they got wrong in the video was suggesting BC bud depot was the breeder of God bud. Jordan of the islands was the breeder of God bud, BC bud depot got their hands on a cutting of it and entered the cup with it. Doucebags.
I've got Jordan's God in the room right now.

Are those seeds available? I never tried god bud. Unless the Beasters are outdoor god bud? I know you explained this before but i cant remember.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are those seeds available? I never tried god bud. Unless the Beasters are outdoor god bud? I know you explained this before but i cant remember.

They are direct from his website, I dont know if he ships to the US though. But his God bud is deadly, it's just so sickly sweet and hashy with a bit of kushiness,... super rich smoke, and very stable with little variation from what my buds tell me. Only 1 of my 12 survived the accidental paper towel dry out,...lol. Thankfully its female and looks and smells on point. He just released a God 2.0 that's apparently even better.

Beasters could have been anything... Almost all pot grown here was exported and the further away from BC you were, the lower the quality you got. Most of the best stuff stayed in BC, some went to Washington, Oregon and California, but east of the Rockies... Beasters was probably some high yielding strain like champagne or something that looked great and yielded tons but was just.. meh. If outdoor it was proba ly some form of timewarp cross like NLx timewarp or skunkwarp etc..

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

you can still find joi god bud around, ask at the van seed bank maybe?

there are a few versions of it at different seed banks from different breeders.
joi is far and away the best tho

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Godbud is fire from Jordan. I ran the Godbud x Grapefruit for quite a few years from Lonestar. Not sure if its still the same from when it first came on the scene seed wise. AFAIK Jordon hasnt gone anywhere so might be. SOL and Jordon are the 2 from up that way that always had killer plants.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

They are direct from his website, I dont know if he ships to the US though. But his God bud is deadly, it's just so sickly sweet and hashy with a bit of kushiness,... super rich smoke, and very stable with little variation from what my buds tell me. Only 1 of my 12 survived the accidental paper towel dry out,...lol. Thankfully its female and looks and smells on point. He just released a God 2.0 that's apparently even better.

Beasters could have been anything... Almost all pot grown here was exported and the further away from BC you were, the lower the quality you got. Most of the best stuff stayed in BC, some went to Washington, Oregon and California, but east of the Rockies... Beasters was probably some high yielding strain like champagne or something that looked great and yielded tons but was just.. meh. If outdoor it was proba ly some form of timewarp cross like NLx timewarp or skunkwarp etc..

shitttttt I forgot about joi

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We got it around christmas in the colorado ski areas. It has some kick but was typical outdoor cash crop. It filled in for the south park grown (formerly leadville) skunk 6 indoor hydro cup winning shit. Man i miss that way too smelly weed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think beasters was mostly big bud to start out with and then just became a way to sell whatever weed you had faster

Originally it was mighty mite back in the late 70's. Big bud was next. I think the biggest export strain had to be Pk though, purple kush reigned here for a solid 10 years after the big clone operations got shut down in maple ridge and other places in 2005. A lot of strains were lost forever in those busts.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Originally it was mighty mite back in the late 70's. Big bud was next. I think the biggest export strain had to be Pk though, purple kush reigned here for a solid 10 years after the big clone operations got shut down in maple ridge and other places in 2005. A lot of strains were lost forever in those busts.

Was probably 2002-2008 where i saw what they called the beasters. Every early winter like clockwork.

It definitely was different weed at different times.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
We got it around christmas in the colorado ski areas. It has some kick but was typical outdoor cash crop. It filled in for the south park grown (formerly leadville) skunk 6 indoor hydro cup winning shit. Man i miss that way too smelly weed.

Lol I think BC's reputation was probably tarnished for some with some of the export stuff. But locally and within Canada, BC has always cranked out very high quality weed on par with anything available today imho. We just had a govt and law enforcement that let it run wild so everyone was doing it. Some of the best pot to ever come from BC I can proudly say, came from the chain of islands I live on. Part of the reason I moved here honestly. When I was younger I wanted to learn how it's done and went straight to the source working for the very same collective they talk about in that video.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol I think BC's reputation was probably tarnished for some with some of the export stuff. But locally and within Canada, BC has always cranked out very high quality weed on par with anything available today imho. We just had a govt and law enforcement that let it run wild so everyone was doing it. Some of the best pot to ever come from BC I can proudly say, came from the chain of islands I live on. Part of the reason I moved here honestly. When I was younger I wanted to learn how it's done and went straight to the source lol.

The BC snowboard guys that always came around used to have some great pot for sure. We had lots of good weed there. Way better than now that “legal” has ruined the actual weed community.

But it was expensive to us. Paid $100 a quarter at the ski area for a decade. I made money at work up there though. Summit county was great when it was.

Top Bottom