This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When I set these plants up I put one of the biggest pgsc plants in the center of the room right between the lights, and between two smaller bubbas. I normally dont, usually the middle row is all the same strain, same height. I just wanted to see what would happen.

Well... What's happened I think is its eating more than the other plants and growing the fattest buds in the room. It's got a 1000w HPS hanging 24" away on either side of it lol. kinda overkill but the buds are giant compared to the rest in the room.

It looks to be really chewing through the N and Mg and has started to look pale and hungry the past week, starting at the bottom so I hit it with a 350 ppm feeding of Cal Nitrate and Epsom salts. I think that should green it back up and give it a stink boost from the sulphate.

20190310 154526

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Alright alright alright... creeping up on the end of week 6. the Cal nitrate and Epsom salts definately caused a growth surge and greened that plant right up again.
I went in last night and started pulling off some sun leaves, will continue to remove a few every few days till the end. Some bigger, older ones are showing natural scenescense on the bubba already.

Thinking it's time to start cutting back slightly on my Nitrogen and start adding some potassium sulphate to the mix. Going to experiment with some coconut water this round as well.

First three pics are the same plant at progressive stages of flower. Fourth pic is a platinum cookie top. 5th is the whole shebang.

20190215 142352
20190224 150531
20190312 075006
20190312 073939
20190312 074955

The Jewels

The Jewels

Sorry
Eaves,,,,trough

I have my pots in pans, catches the water sure enough, then just sits in it's own funk
Wanna set up a collector like yours.

I am to lazzy to shop vac my spill pans,, I could (probly) empty a bucket once and a while.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thought I'd share a bit more about this setup for anyone following. This could be considered a perpetual grow. I take clones off my plants about a week into 12/12, and keep them in a preveg area on the top shelf under a couple T5HO lamps for around 5-6 weeks. On the bottom is my seedling area for pheno hunting. By keeping the light intensity low and restricting nutrients I can keep them small enough that they dont outgrow the space. When the flower crop comes down I move the plants into the main flower room and Veg for a couple weeks before I flip and the cycle starts over. This allows 4 crop cycles per year.

Here is my preveg area that occupies a 2'x4'x8' space in the 4x8' header house of the shed. These have about 3-4 weeks before they move over. And the plants on the bottom are going to be cloned shortly for sexing so that should stunt them enough to prevent overgrowth. Out of these plants here I'll use the best 12 for the next crop, with hopefully several nice blueberry phenos to pick from. I usually keep more surplus clones of my keeper plants and originally intended to do 16 plants and still might if I get enough blueberry females, but I gave a few clones to a buddy in need already.

White powder on 'em is sulphur.
20190303 140146

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sorry
Eaves,,,,trough

I have my pots in pans, catches the water sure enough, then just sits in it's own funk
Wanna set up a collector like yours.

I am to lazzy to shop vac my spill pans,, I could (probly) empty a bucket once and a while.

It's a pretty easy system for sure, after watering I just dump all the runoff into one tote and dump it outside. And yeah you dont really want it sitting in a puddle of runoff, that can lead to root rot and other issues if its a chronic habit.

The gutter section was cheap. The wavy plastic roofing material was like $56 for 2 3x6' panels. I cut them in two and made 4 sloping risers that are 1.5x6', two 12" high and two 18" high at the drain end.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Looking real good Dirtbag...i didnt think they were that fat till you put your hand in a pic.

Is that your inline fan halfway up wall...im really liking that setup with the flaps opening once fan is on..cool air goes right where you want it too...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looking real good Dirtbag...i didnt think they were that fat till you put your hand in a pic.

Is that your inline fan halfway up wall...im really liking that setup with the flaps opening once fan is on..cool air goes right where you want it too...

Thanks man, the pics are decieving for sure, this plant has Giant leaves. I'll take some more pics tomorrow with a lighter for reference.

That's just a backflow preventer on the wall that's connected to my exterior ducting and intake filter, I dont use an intake fan at all because it's so well buttoned up and I use a fairly powerful 10" exhaust fan.

And yeah I see so many people running their intake ducting to the floor, you used to see that recommended in a lot of grow guides. But I put it so it blasts the air right under the reflectors and dissipates/neutralizes the most heat above the canopy.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Cool....Oh..is that what it is...

Ive been thinking quite abit bout putting my inline up wall than on bottom of floor.

I agree it should work better having fresh air blowing between canopy and light than down bottom on pot plants..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cool....Oh..is that what it is...

Ive been thinking quite abit bout putting my inline up wall than on bottom of floor.

I agree it should work better having fresh air blowing between canopy and light than down bottom on pot plants..

Totally. The primary goal of bringing in air besides being a source of Co2 is to remove heat. May as well direct it to where the most heat is. And this way my roots dont get too cold either. The two oscillating fans do a good job of circulating the fresh air through the canopy. I do have a couple small fans on the floor to keep air moving around but that's it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Totally. The primary goal of bringing in air besides being a source of Co2 is to remove heat. May as well direct it to where the most heat is. And this way my roots dont get too cold either. The two oscillating fans do a good job of circulating the fresh air through the canopy. I do have a couple small fans on the floor to keep air moving around but that's it.

This higher intake may solve my cold basement problem. :-)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Getting close now. Funny I kept up with the feeding into week 8, I'm usually into flush by now, and the plants are scenescing on their own. I'm thinking straight water for one more week and chop. I'm all cloudy trichs right now but I expect I'll start seeing a few amber shortly.

20190321 080022
20190321 080041

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Starting to take on some nice colours. A few more days then its time to get to work I think. Seems like the massive has caused these to finish a bit ahead of schedule by a few days, the bubba has almost stopped drinking and is starting to look hella frosty. Cookies is looking nice too. Just gave them a straight water feeding, and I'll let them ride for a few more days.

Its wild, as soon as I swapped out the HPS lamps for MH, Bubbas leaves went almost black overnight and they sugared up like crazy.

20190325 194452
20190325 194704
20190322 155250

Latest posts

Top Bottom