This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hard work is over man, we finished up around 11 o'clock last night. So basically just a 13 hr trim sesh.. not too bad. The buds were big and well formed with lots of crystal, little leaf and no bugs. Made for easy trimming. And zero larf or popcorn bud. Absolutely none.

Only thing left to see is how it smokes. Its stinker than usual by a slight margin, so fingers crossed. Some bud shots coming soon.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hard to tell from the pics, I cant seem to take a macro through the loupe.. but they are completely cloudy trichs with just the odd amber here and there. I dont like to let them degrade too much.

Interesting how the GP massive spread the internode spacing so my tops didnt form big clusters like it usually does, buds were spaced apart. So the tops didnt seem as big at first, but now that I see it in the rack, the way the sides are pulling in on the top rack, it's clear my yield went up. There is a fair bit of weight in this thing.
20190331 113141

20190331 112648
20190331 112556

Phylex

Phylex

Stick a fork in it. Tomorrow is going to be a long busy day for Ol'Dirtbag, I'm taking these ladies down at day 62. They're done... Havent taken up hardly any water this past week whatsoever.

The Space cookies (I originally thought they were platinum, but after talking to the guy I got them from we think he actually gave me space cookies...) anyway, they are just monsters. For scale those are 7 gallon pots they're in. Not bad for only 2 weeks veg under HID, and a 4 week preveg before that under T5's. Each one looks like a half pound plant. Always hard to say though until they hit the scale. But it is a very dense plant, half pounds look like QP's.
And Bubba... lol, she is CAKED in resin and smells just lovely but looks like a midget beside the space cookies.

Not gonna lie, I had some slight issues with overfeeding and playing with new nutrients etc.. I've seen these plants do better. But overall I'm quite happy with the grow this cycle.

Some post-harvest pics coming tomorrow.

View attachment 863836 View attachment 863837 View attachment 863838 View attachment 863839
Awesome job my man! They look amazing

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man, you've gotta love climate control. Room has been parked between 17-19 celcius and 55-64% humidity for a couple days now. Piled a couple inches thick on the screens, this is how you dry pot that doesnt end up tasting like hay, without dry trimming. Only way to go imho.

20190401 083246

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd like to give a farkin huge thanks to MiMedGrower and cemchris for the insights about low P and even feeding until the end. I'm sold. Smoking a 6 day old, barely dry taster that already burns good and tastes great, and it was fed until the last 6 days of its life. Funny how me and so many growers I know have held on to the idea of flushing for literally decades.. This crop proved it to me. Low strength feed of just what it needs makes more sense, the pot tastes better, and burns as clean or better than 2 week flushed pot.

Pulled about 3.5 lb out of this crop without putting in very much effort. Schwing!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'd like to give a farkin huge thanks to MiMedGrower and cemchris for the insights about low P and even feeding until the end. I'm sold. Smoking a 6 day old, barely dry taster that already burns good and tastes great, and it was fed until the last 6 days of its life. Funny how me and so many growers I know have held on to the idea of flushing for literally decades.. This crop proved it to me. Low strength feed of just what it needs makes more sense, the pot tastes better, and burns as clean or better than 2 week flushed pot.

Pulled about 3.5 lb out of this crop without putting in very much effort. Schwing!!

Great work Dirtbag. And thanks for the props but i learned about low P from much more educated people than me.

And seeing someone with your experience prove it is the right decision is fantastic.

I have found that there is sometimes a very special high to be had smoking fresh almost dry weed. The breeder of my strains likes 3 days dry and vapes. He is definitely on to something.

Of course the 3 month old Og kush pheno Im smoking on tonight is pretty great too. So who the hell knows. Im just stoned and babbling at 2 am. Lol.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

This is really good information for growers that dont know that dont know this. Especially if you use organic nutrients. There no need to flush. Mammoth p advertises an increase in yield when used till the end. I need to get some. I want to see how itll help the plant take in more p and no flush.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well, Next round is off to an iffy start. I'm trying out some new soil and within 5 days my stems went purple, woody, and growth slowed way down. Way more than normal transplant shock. It got another watering today and my runoff is coming out at 4.6 Ec!! Not good considering I've only ever given 1.0ec so far and it's supposed to be an inert peat based media.

I guess it's time for some surfactant and a flush... Dammit. Remind me to stick with what works...

Also, I have to say I might be going back on my feelings about flushing. This last round burns ok, but the flavour isnt as good as usual. It's just a bit more harsh compared to usual and somewhat lacking in flavour. Looks great, smells great, but not as tasty as it was with a 2 week flush. I think i might be going back to it...

Srenots

Srenots

Well, Next round is off to an iffy start. I'm trying out some new soil and within 5 days my stems went purple, woody, and growth slowed way down. Way more than normal transplant shock. It got another watering today and my runoff is coming out at 4.6 Ec!! Not good considering I've only ever given 1.0ec so far and it's supposed to be an inert peat based media.

I guess it's time for some surfactant and a flush... Dammit. Remind me to stick with what works...

Also, I have to say I might be going back on my feelings about flushing. This last round burns ok, but the flavour isnt as good as usual. It's just a bit more harsh compared to usual and somewhat lacking in flavour. Looks great, smells great, but not as tasty as it was with a 2 week flush. I think i might be going back to it...
Stick to what Works .... rock em bro

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

STICK WITH WHAT WORKS!!!!!!!

Lol.

But seriously @Dirtbag i dont flush and tend to feed to the end or at most water only last half week or so.

But my runoff ec is like .6 by then. Or lower. the black widow went yellow despite feeding a balanced grow ratio but showed .4 ec last watering. My well water is .3.

I try to only use enough fertilizer so they will use it up mostly each water/feed.

I use a natural based product now but it worked the same feeding a little each watering when i used salt based ferts.

Seems more control this way. Only takes one water only to correct overfeeding like this.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I didnt use a pk booster
no, I did give it a .8ec feed of floranova bloom 2 weeks from chop, and potassium sulphate about 9 days from chop. And it's not bad, it's just not quite as kushy in the flavor dept. I'll admit it could be caused by something else. The space cookies is fine though, came out the same as usual. Could be strain dependant.

As for the soil though... good God.

My feeding last night went in at 1 ec and 6.3ph, and came out 4.6 ec with a ph of 4.9...
After flushing I have it coming out at 1ec and 5.3ph, but that acidic slurry is concerning. Plus all my plants are at different stages of growth since I mis-timed my seedlings.

I'm going to add some lime to the soil and see if they rebound... If no improvement in the next few days I'm gonna take a pile of cuttings and start over.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Honestly I might use this as my excuse to shut down the main room for a few weeks and reno the place. I've been meaning to install an AC for a while anyway. I could do that and put in an automated irrigation system while I'm at it. And who knows... maybe even Co2..?!?

Top Bottom