This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@PipeCarver, I personally have come to believe it's best to feed every time with a bit of a lower strength feed. water, food water food cycles creates osmotic stress. The plants grow better when the EC in the rootzone is consistent. As consistent as possible. You're far better off using a low ppm nitrient solution to reduce EC in the rootzone as opposed to pure water.

So if you're seeing really low ppm runoff I'd feed more immediately, absolutely.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
@PipeCarver, I personally have come to believe it's best to feed every time with a bit of a lower strength feed. water, food water food cycles creates osmotic stress. The plants grow better when the EC in the rootzone is consistent. As consistent as possible. You're far better off using a low ppm nitrient solution to reduce EC in the rootzone as opposed to pure water.

So if you're seeing really low ppm runoff I'd feed more immediately, absolutely.
Thanks, And same vise versa I suppose I've not tried light feed each time but I believe I fked plants up by getting mixed up when record keeping and feeding 1 plant twice in a row and the other water only twice and both plants didn't like that., I transpose # & letters GC1 or kc1 or Mc 1 or gc1c (clone). then I'd go up to my computer and try and remember what I did. lol That didn't work at all so fk ups happened and I fried a few plants from too many feeds but they were full strength feeds.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@PipeCarver the object is to keep the ec from 1.0 to 1.5 (500-750ppm) and you shouldnt have many problems.

My water is almost as high ppm as the nutes coming out you said.

However. Sometimes with nute buildup the runoff ec can be very low while the medium has excess. Its because salts attract salts and the nutrients may not be running out but stuck. Thats why i take readings in and out each time to see what i have fed in the previuos weeks and can compare growth.

And the first thing we should have asked is is the plant healthy?

And i agree with @Dirtbag too much water only or heavy flushing screws things up.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
@PipeCarver the object is to keep the ec from 1.0 to 1.5 (500-750ppm) and you shouldnt have many problems.

My water is almost as high ppm as the nutes coming out you said.

However. Sometimes with nute buildup the runoff ec can be very low while the medium has excess. Its because salts attract salts and the nutrients may not be running out but stuck. Thats why i take readings in and out each time to see what i have fed in the previuos weeks and can compare growth.

And the first thing we should have asked is is the plant healthy?

And i agree with @Dirtbag too much water only or heavy flushing screws things up.
Yes the plants are healthy I was concerned about over feeding but with readings in the low 200's I'm not over feeding them. I'm real light on feed early while they're in veg even into flower I use about half recommended. Except on the Galiano Candy. I'm giving them max nutes 2nd week flower trying to keep leaves on and it seems to be working they're much healthier this run than last when I was light on feeding them. I've been feeding them max recommended for 3-4 weeks now.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
A few pics from the garden tonight. Forgive the bit of droopiness, I just watered half hr ago and these plants in coco really respond quite dramatically to their watering cycles.

VK, and 3 platinum cookies.
20200408 223737

This is @Kanzeons lavanda cream up front, with a Dragon cheese and 2 platinum cookies behind it
20200408 223755

This is a Violator kush up front, with dragon cheese, and 2 platinum cookies behind it.
20200408 223805

In an hour theyll look like they're praying, and I'll be in bed lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
These leaves move around more in a day than I've seen before.. Its like if you watch them long enough you'll see them going up or down... This morning before lights out when they were getting ready for bed they dropped so much I was almost concerned lol. But when I checked on them after lights came on, its business as usual.

20200409 161510

This Lavenda cream is a really neat looking plant. Very uniform structure. I like the look of it a lot, cant wait to see and smell the flowers. Shes the only "new girl" in the room, so I'm curious.

20200409 162543

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag Looking good man. How do you have that AC set up?

That's probably the baseboard heater you're looking at. My AC is on the right hand side wall, it's a through the wall AC, and I am yet to use it. But it's there for July and August if I need it.

N

Newber

@Dirtbag didn't even notice heather Haha I meant the AC on the wall, saw it tucked away but I just know they can be a pain when using in a basement. Was just curious if you have solved the riddle or not, and if so was going to need to know how. Sweet set up though

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ahh I see lol. I grow in a shed so its no problem. The other half of the AC is outside.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I hate the internet sometimes.. went looking for pics and info about the Lavanda cream and noticed something fishy. Shit like this man...
Screenshot 20200409 220144 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20200409 220224 Samsung Internet

@Kanzeon got any pics of the real thing? and maybe a smoke review? flower time? nutrient requirements or anything interesting? lol

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I hate the internet sometimes.. went looking for pics and info about the Lavanda cream and noticed something fishy. Shit like this man...View attachment 959576View attachment 959577

@Kanzeon got any pics of the real thing? and maybe a smoke review? flower time? nutrient requirements or anything interesting? lol

Hahahaha sure thing.

Flower time is quick, 7-8 weeks. I'm actually high on the rosin from the last one I grew! I didn't really push her with nutes, but she's very drama-free in flower. Stretch is roughly 1.5x, so an extended veg would be a good idea. Definitely responds well to topping, won't need support in flower.

Smoke report: Here's where she really shines. Delicious floral aromas, lavender, lilac, violet. Very mellow, calming, lifting high. Clear and focused, but not trippy or anxious. Not really sedative, though it does have muscle relaxing properties for me.

http://kalashnikov-seeds.com/en/femki/lavanda-cream

I'll go through everything and see what pictures I can find. I just lost a hard drive, so I need to reorganize anyway.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Bean dunk day. I've got decisions to make about what to hunt through... Its not the best seed collection as I mostly work with cuts I get from buddies who are real phenohunters lol, but I think there is a few Gems in here. Reno's gear and the Dragon cheese have me excited, and I'm going to crack the rest of the forbidden zkittlez because it was absolute fire. I'm also tempted to run out some of the Dman stuff too, and I have a bunch of seeds I pulled out of a dosi pie that was dusted with a columbian gold male. Thinking about cracking those too... Gonna be hard to stay in my plant count. But whatever I choose, I'll be putting some of these in water today.
20200410 100227

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Narrowed it down to this. Decided to run my tall/early pheno of mighty mite that I bred last summer for breeding purposes this year. It's been inbred so long now that while it's very stable, early finishing and mold resistant, its lacking flavour wise. But I think it's just the plant for imparting early ripening and outdoor hardiness to some of my more aromatic varieties, so I'm gonna dust a branch on every strain I've got with it.
Also plan to use males from the forbidden zkittles, hyper blue cherry magoo and Dragon cheese to selectively inbreed those varieties to try and stabilize them over a few generations, and maybe run a couple back crosses on them before breeding them with my other keeper strains.

Gonna be a busy but fun summer.
20200410 114522

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Cemchris! Good to see you around man. Things have been alright, jumping from one style of growing to the next like a bloody fewl... I'm into the coco now and having a phew issues with it, I'll make another post about that later. lol.
How have things been with you?

Chillin man. Just getting after it everyday and breaking off more than I can chew (what else is new).

I figured you would be in aeroponics by now with lots of LEDS :D:D:D:D:D

Back to the good ole coco I see. Same still rocking the 1 gals fabrics and loving them.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
@Dirtbag didn't even notice heather Haha I meant the AC on the wall, saw it tucked away but I just know they can be a pain when using in a basement. Was just curious if you have solved the riddle or not, and if so was going to need to know how. Sweet set up though

You can cheat in basements with window AC's as long as you have enough air in/out
IMG 20200410 141704

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Chillin man. Just getting after it everyday and breaking off more than I can chew (what else is new).

I figured you would be in aeroponics by now with lots of LEDS :D:D:D:D:D

Back to the good ole coco I see. Same still rocking the 1 gals fabrics and loving them.

Haha nope. Buddy of mine has a high pressure aero system and it's a pain. Hes an electrician so it was no big deal for him to setup a backup 12 volt system on an automatic transfer switch for power outages, but hes always farting with misters and shit.. Too much hassle for me.

1 gal coco pots are really growing on me. My friend has grown that way for years and always does really well with them. It's cheaper to setup compared to running blocks on unislabs. My hugo run pulled off a really nice crop but there was a few things I didnt like about them. The open bottom for one, the algae, and the general inertness of it. I've been running coco with Great White Myco/bennies and running enzymes once a week. Still using pbp and lakewater with some calcium silicate. Plants seem way happier than they did in the wool, but a lot of that could just be me bailing on the Hugo's before really running a few grows with them and working out the kinks. But so far coco is a better fit for me though, and seems to be giving comparable growth rates to the rockwool.

Good to see you back around man.

Top Bottom