This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@cemchris I cant say it limited the stretch any for me, but I did find the stretch has more closely stacked nodes.
Next time try hitting them a week before you flip with the Pk and keep it elevated through the stretch. I noticed buds started forming much, much faster than usual.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Evening farmers. Thought I'd give you all a glimpse Into dirtbags garden!
This is a licensed medical grow, 9 plants in flower. 4 platinum cookies and 5 Pre-98 Bubba.

Right now they're under 2x 1000w eye hortilux lamps semi (but not quite) stadium style, temps 22-26c, 40-50% humidity. 8x8' canopy.

Growing in 7 gallon pots of proterra peat/perlite mix amended with half a cup of gaia green 4-4-4 and a cup of worm castings each. Feeding is floranova grow/bloom and massive bloom for a total of 1.6ec, 6.2-6.3ph, on a feed-feed-water cycle.. But I'm going to run the grow formula and massive for the rest of the run and cut out floranova bloom. Just to see what happens.

I'll update as things progress.. just rounded the corner on week 3. And they're starting to pick up a little frost already which is nice to see. The burnt pistil tips are from my sulphur burner... I send them off into week 3 with a good burn.

View attachment 858717 View attachment 858718 View attachment 858719 View attachment 858720 View attachment 858721 View attachment 858722

Just wondering mate do you lollypop in veg or flower or both?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
@cemchris I cant say it limited the stretch any for me, but I did find the stretch has more closely stacked nodes.
Next time try hitting them a week before you flip with the Pk and keep it elevated through the stretch. I noticed buds started forming much, much faster than usual.

Thats kind of why I wanted to see what it was going to do. Ill try the next room hitting them in veg before the flip also. The 2 rooms got flipped a week ago. One is new clones so no idea on those but other is strawberry which ive been growing forever and pretty dialed so should be easy to tell.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Pre-98 is showing colors... Ahh the end is nigh.
20200610 114814

Ph 007

Ph 007

In veg mostly but I do the last strip when I flip.
Usually I do veg and if it's late veg in veg ill wait about 5-7 days beofre flicking to flower , i worrie about stressing them in flower, even know first 2/3 weeks are sorts is veg,
So you think it's safe to lollypop in the first1/2 weeks of flower im worried about them tuning hermi on me , has happened in the past , i have tried lollpop and de-leaf in the past some times turn hermi sometimes don't so last few years of kept.it simple just lollypop in veg and LST in first 2/3 weeks of flower..

Sometimes I'd like to remove some the shit in first few weeks flower when sometimes grow back

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Usually I do veg and if it's late veg is wait about 5-7 days beofre flicking to flower , i worries a out stressing flower, even know first 2/3 weeks are sorts veg,
So you think it's safe to lollypop in the first1/2 weeks of flower im worrie about tuning hermi on me , has happened in the past , inhave tried little pop and de-leaf in last some times turn hermi sometimes don't so last few years of kept.it simple just lollypop in veg and LST in first 2/3 weeks of flower..

Sometimes is like to remove some the shit in first few weeks flower when sometimes grow back
If I've done my job in Veg then there isnt a whole lot to remove when I flip. I wouldnt do any pruning during the stretch personally, Before flower, and at the end of stretch I remove a few more leaves. During the stretch and flower initiation I keep my hands off and let them do their thing.

Ph 007

Ph 007

If I've done my job in Veg then there isnt a whole lot to remove when I flip. I wouldnt do any pruning during the stretch personally, Before flower, and at the end of stretch I remove a few more leaves. During the stretch and flower initiation I keep my hands off and let them do their thing.
I'll try next time if needed I'll try at end of stretch and and maybe the odd leaf itf it's blocking thanks,

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Amen. Firm believer in this also. Only thing I do during this time is more screens if needed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Had an "oopsy" moment last night, manually operated my irrigation and forgot to reset it to "auto" when I was done, so they only got one really good soak yesterday at lights on. Pots are very light this morning lol, but plants arent wilting, and they didnt totally dry out, coco is still dark brown.

Good thing they're only getting plain water now. Curious to see if the massive dryback has any crop steering effect or what...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Had an "oopsy" moment last night, manually operated my irrigation and forgot to reset it to "auto" when I was done, so they only got one really good soak yesterday at lights on. Pots are very light this morning lol, but plants arent wilting, and they didnt totally dry out, coco is still dark brown.

Good thing they're only getting plain water now. Curious to see if the massive dryback has any crop steering effect or what...
Haha awesome if it does. Unintended possible benefit... Love it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@ditbag I almost feel like tossing this soil grow lol and I would if I weren't looking for moms and halfway there. This last coco grow of yours has me over the moon excited to get into coco. I just hope I can pull it off half as well.

You just keep your head in the dirt for now.

We have decided to switch you and @Dirtbag ’s user names.

SO GET USED TO IT DIRTMAN!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
@ditbag I almost feel like tossing this soil grow lol and I would if I weren't looking for moms and halfway there. This last coco grow of yours has me over the moon excited to get into coco. I just hope I can pull it off half as well.
Don’t give up. You can do it aquaman I have faith in you.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Stick with it man, it's a learning experience if anything. But I have zero doubt you're gonna kill it in coco. Honestly I have zero doubt you're gonna kill it in dirt too. You're a great grower, I'm confident you'll succeed in whatever media you're in.

That said you're gonna notice a HUGE difference when you do make the switch. It's like the difference between working out, and working out on a test/deca stack. No comparison.

Top Bottom