This Is What Happens When Shit Gets Out Of Hand

• Thread starter muir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuz

Because I hate buyers, sellers and realtors........ and I don't give a fuck about your kitchen.
lol. you might like it around here where I am. If you visited 15 or 20 years ago its a lot different today. Without the ski area its just dead. Too small of a town for most people.

muir

muir

When I was poking around SoCo I was single. I looked all over LaVeta, Bonanza, Crestone, Gardner, West Cliff, Silver Cliff, Lake City, etc....... I couldn't do that now my kids would kill me, the wife would certainly leave me if I took the fam to an place with out a ski mountain. Looks strongly like crested butte.

xavier7995

xavier7995

When I was poking around SoCo I was single. I looked all over LaVeta, Bonanza, Crestone, Gardner, West Cliff, Silver Cliff, Lake City, etc....... I couldn't do that now my kids would kill me, the wife would certainly leave me if I took the fam to an place with out a ski mountain. Looks strongly like crested butte.

I sure feel you bud, family stuff...who woulda thought, some of the considerations you have to make are not exactly something I ever thought I would have to figure into decisions.

K

kolah

Hey Muir, I thought you hold an a MJ potshop license. If you move, will you sell it..or is it transferable to other CO counties?

muir

muir

I hold a license for a shop and a grow. When we move I will sell or keep it and open another small shop. There is a nice old building I have had my eye on in Crested Butte that would make a great small shop.

scoop

scoop

The market is hot and prices/commissions are high right now. We sold that house you sat on the deck at in 3 weeks for 4X what we built it for 25 years ago. Ski town life is great but expensive. It paid off for us because we stayed so long and got in at a time when the market was down. Folks jumping in now aren't so fortunate as prices are rivaling 2008 (before the crash)all over the resort West. It's simply nuts. Best of luck on the move

muir

muir

The market is hot and prices/commissions are high right now. We sold that house you sat on the deck at in 3 weeks for 4X what we built it for 25 years ago. Ski town life is great but expensive. It paid off for us because we stayed so long and got in at a time when the market was down. Folks jumping in now aren't so fortunate as prices are rivaling 2008 (before the crash)all over the resort West. It's simply nuts. Best of luck on the move

We plan on making the move after this coming school year, my son will be entering the Ned middle/high school after that and it sucks, so that will be our exit. Our house regained what it lost in the crash and has appreciated by 20%. I'd like to keep it because rentals here are fucking crazy and rent in CB till there is a dip in the market. Boulder still make CB look like a bargain. Cant wait to escape the shadow of the Boulder bubble.

did you keep the remote cabin you spoke of or liquidated that too? How are you liking the new crib? We are doing our 3rd CB trip of the year before the kids go back to school. Do you mind if I make a stop by? I usually drive separate from the family so I can puff and can usually not stay as many days as them. Need anything new cuts wise?
I'm on super collection mode currently.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
when you work with good people, it's a great and fun job. most folks think it's easy and your over paid. People get all emotional and stressed, dealing with emotionally stressed people for your job sucks IMO. The market around boulder is so bad right now that a high end realtor friend of mine just told me of an offer he made for a client that was 20% over list price. He never even got a call back from the listing broker. In todays market if you don't have cash and need a loan you likely won't be able to get under contract. I personally don't run in those type of circles.

I cannot wait to get the fuck off the front range and as far away from Boulder as possible.
You just described the Bay Area, and a HUGE part of SoCal. Better have cash!

scoop

scoop

Yup. Still have the other place. Will likely sell it end of Summer or next Summer. The time is certainly right.

Yer always welcome here. To answer your question...we're enjoying the fuck out of it. Don't have to worry what day of the week it is and certainly don't care. No pressure...no worry.

xavier7995

xavier7995

So, seems there is a lot of random mountain town chat going on. What is the internet like up where all you mountain folks live? Having used satellite internet, it is a deal breaker.

muir

muir

just speed tested my home connect, 6mb download and .75 upload. Pretty sure I get 10+ mb download speeds in Ned.

K

kuz

There is a local wireless service here, been very reliable. Otherwise I would be stuck with dish.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Thanks guys, you made me optimistic about being able to get a bit off the beaten path. DSL has gotten a lot faster since the first time I used it apparently. I had sort of forgotten that it was an option to look into.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Only satellite where I'm at, it sucks and expensive. You better not like watching Netflix, lol. I'm in unincorporated Boulder County. They don't like bringing cables down a road for 5 homes I guess.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Only satellite where I'm at, it sucks and expensive. You better not like watching Netflix, lol. I'm in unincorporated Boulder County. They don't like bringing cables down a road for 5 homes I guess.
Lol, well guess I will have to play it by ear. I work from home and need decent internet, kinda funny as I actually use being able to stream netflix as my benchmark.

I feel bad for my little brother, he took over the family homestead. 15 minutes from the state capitol back home, we have been promised something better than satellite since 1999....still nothing. It is totally crazy, all the streets around us are wired for cable, but each year they say they are coming to wire the street and we even do the signup drives and get everyone on the street interested in signing up, then nothing.

Underthesun

Underthesun

HughesNet, sucks. We get a limited amount of bandwith per month and then it basically shuts down. We pay out the ass too, bullshit...they know they can rape us out here. I streamed one of the Dead Fare Thee Well shows and with all their high quality sound and stuff it ran our whole months worth of internet down in 20 minutes!

xavier7995

xavier7995

HughesNet, sucks. We get a limited amount of bandwith per month and then it basically shuts down. We pay out the ass too, bullshit...they know they can rape us out here. I streamed one of the Dead Fare Thee Well shows and with all their high quality sound and stuff it ran our whole months worth of internet down in 20 minutes!

Mannnnnnnn......yeah, that is what my brother has...and I think my dad as well. I feel for you bud. At least you probably live somewhere that has amazing views out every window. I feel like such a jerk offering them either my netflix or just to send them a show or two over whatever file services and them declining as it would take forever and exceed their monthly usage. I just want them to see the most recent trailer park boyso_O

xavier7995

xavier7995

Good lord there seem to be a lot of houses for sale in the boulder/gilpin county area, don't remember the guys name, but that remax realtor has got to be killing it.

The ridiculously expensive cabins remind me of the Parks and Recreation episode where Ron sells his cabin. I want to offer these people random things in exchange for their domiciles in the hopes some crazy person takes my offer:p

edit: Mountain folks, if you are selling make sure you have some flyers by the road, some folks totally pull over and check out each one they see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom