This Is What Happens When Shit Gets Out Of Hand

• Thread starter muir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Thanks for the link. Looks to be pretty pricey, but I would be willing to pay more and not hide from the landlord.

I see a rental in HR, 1800+ sq ft at $2150, grow rental in HR, 2100 sq ft and $3200. Almost $40k in rent, not including utilities. I'd rather wait a year and use $40k as a down payment and be my own landlord.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I checked. From that company via someone else:

"In regards to renting: We have a variety of available rental properties on our website. Any house we advertise on our website is Grow Friendly.
We have signed addendums with the property owners that give a tenant permission to LEGALLY cultivate MMJ on the property. The tenant is required to familiarize themselves with any restrictions/regulations for the area the property is located in, and to follow all laws accordingly.
Tenants are of course responsible to not cause any damage to the property, especially through humidity/mold, through the use of proper ventilation, growing techniques, and various equipment.
In regards to landlords: Our lease was co-written by one of the top cannabis attorneys in the state, and is pretty detailed and covers a wide variety of issues. The property owner is required to have home owner's insurance, and a tenant is to have renter's insurance. Owner's are not held liable for any illegal activity a tenant may conduct, and it is clearly outlined in the lease that tenants are not allowed to conduct any illegal activities(of course). If your family members are interested in taking us on as property managers, we would love to discuss that with them of course. We are always looking for new property owners.
We consider our tenant leases and our property management contracts highly proprietary and only share leases with approved applicants and only share property contracts with landlords who are actually in the process of using us as property managers. We hope you can understand our reasoning behind this."

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

That is the most bullshit thing ive ever read,BS that their contracts are proprietary,LOL.Property managers try to make themselves seem indisposable as they have to justify their 10-15% or in this case maybe double and maybe on both ends.
Any deal you can make with a property manager you can make direct with the homeowner IF hes willing and im sure plenty are for the right $.Save your money,buy your own property,grow your own and pay your mortgage with your overages,fuck the money grubbers.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

That is the most bullshit thing ive ever read,BS that their contracts are proprietary,LOL.Property managers try to make themselves seem indisposable as they have to justify their 10-15% or in this case maybe double and maybe on both ends.
Any deal you can make with a property manager you can make direct with the homeowner IF hes willing and im sure plenty are for the right $.Save your money,buy your own property,grow your own and pay your mortgage with your overages,fuck the money grubbers.
I was clearly skeptical and asked pointed and specific questions. The person answered basic stuff but hid behind the claim of proprietary info. I think this outfit would be best suited for a grower who doesn't ask questions and follows whatever rules they are given.

Can you pay rent by the pound?

So this list of properties is likely going to be a list of home grows in a year that get robbed or busted. Got it. No thanks.

S

SooperSmurph

If you rented to a grower, you either gouged them on rent or knew going in that the property would have work done to accommodate the grow. Fuck landlords, fuck them to death.

S

SooperSmurph

People advocating gouging growers on rent and supporting slumlords who double the rent once they catch a whiff of cannabis... wow you guys are really something.
Well you still need shin for 2 years and I don't think he likes to work lol
Says the guy supporting slum lords who knowingly rent to growers then whine about "damage" despite gouging them on rent.

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
People advocating gouging growers on rent and supporting slumlords who double the rent once they catch a whiff of cannabis... wow you guys are really something.

Says the guy supporting slum lords who knowingly rent to growers then whine about "damage" despite gouging them on rent.
Hate the game or the player bruh! Either pay up to your landlord or buy your green from a dispo

K

kolah

I say send the wife to work and sit home and grow a few plants. Yeah baby.

putembk

putembk

Ok....hmmm....don't really know how to put this gently so here is my take on renting to a grower. I have 4 rentals and have had for almost 20 years now. I have had all kinds of tenants both good and bad. And have been in houses that are rented with hundreds of plants in them. Landlords that I know usually charge 30% more in rent for someone who wants to grow in a rental.

Sorry, but the one time that a guy was growing in one of my rentals was enough for me. Being a slum lord as some put it is no fun. There is a lot more to it than just sitting around collecting rent. I won't even go into that but take my word it is a pain and as soon as I can I will dump them. Back to the guy that grew in my rental.....he trashed the place. Holes in walls, plumbing that was clogged and other tenants constantly complaining. Cops there all the time. Enough!!! Cost over 2 grand to get the place ready to rent again.

This wasn't the worst tenant that I have ever had but I am glad he is gone and won't rent to another grower. Sorry, but it is just to much of a liability.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I say send the wife to work and sit home and grow a few plants. Yeah baby.
Oh please
Silly little jab...
Has nothing to do with topic...
Bet you wish you had it so good.
Our friend worked harder and accomplished way more than you ever have or ever will.
look where he is now and where you are now...
You know exactly who I am talking about and what your trying to do. Ain't working no more...
I thought you were over this...

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Oh please
Silly little jab...
Bet you wish you had it so good.
Our friend worked harder and accomplished way more than you ever have or ever will.
look where he is now and where you are now...
You know exactly who I am talking about and what your trying to do. Ain't working no more...
I thought you were over this...
Would love to hear the backstory:D something about weed forum drama that reels me in lol

Top Bottom