Tight growing plant 🌱this thing has been topped like 3 or 4 times already

• Thread starter jayrock93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I have the same light. It's because you're topping. If you top it will take time to get taller. You're making it wider right now. Usually I just FIM but only if needed. Part genetics .. part training.

Topping your plant too early is the most likely cause next to light levels. Let your plant grow to 7-8 nodes before you start chopping things off 🤙

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yes, I think you nailed it. Shaded and 2Bad are correct.

I would personally flip that dirt ball out, fill it up with more dirt and put the ball back in so the stalk and leaves are all above the edge of the pot. Then quit topping it LOL

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I’d say they overwatered I remember I had a plant like that a couple yrs back n gnick55 put me onto it as soon as I stopped overwatering they boomed out the pot the blistery crinkly leaves are the tell tale sign👍

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Do you have the red channel on? If so, turn it off.

Blue = taller plants.
Red - shorter bushier plants.

Spectrum effects morphology significantly.

So get the red out as much as possible and probably bring the overall up a little to make up for the PPFD lost in red.
You might want to check on that. I believe you got that backwards.

Blue = shorter stockier plant
Red = taller lankier plant

@jayrock93 I would stop topping your plants when they are so short. Instead, once it's about 10"-12" tall, bend over the main stem. Make sure the tip of the main stem is lower than the tallest lateral branches. What this does is shifts the plant's growth hormones to the taller shoots and they begin to grow. After a few days to a week, untie the main stem. Start tying down the lateral branches so the plant spreads out. I've got some pictures of this in action on my profile ... go ahead and take a look. Anyway, once you get some size and bushiness to the plant, you can always go back and top it if you desire. Personally, I don't. I keep tying it down through out veg to get lateral branching going strong.

Tip: AC Infinity fabric pots have metal eyelets around the top of the pot to give you a nice easy way to tie up your plants. You can also use a hole punch like you would use for paper or crafts to punch holes around the top of a fabric pot to allow easy tie down places.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You might want to check on that. I believe you got that backwards.

Blue = shorter stockier plant
Red = taller lankier plant

Yes you are correct thanks for catching that. I’ll edit my post when I get to pc.

Edit call it a senior moment idk but yes in another thread I made Durban Poison look like a kush using blue from seed. Node spacing was crazy close for a pure sativa. Far Red triggers a shade avoidance response and pushes the plant to reach out horizontally. Far Red and blue without red makes funny plants. Really good for scrogging.

What's funny to think about is that I see high tech blurple lighting for sale in the near future. Flowering in Blurple has been tested to cause a THC increase. I'll be testing that soon.

Last edited:
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Yes. Red will make your plants stretch more, blue will keep them more compact. If you introduce extra 730nm light plants will grow super lanky. I used 730nm led pucks before lights on and after lights off to "wake up/put to sleep" in older grows. I had a timer malfunction and the pucks stayed on all night one night, the plants stretched 6 inches by morning, no joke, 6 inches of internodal stem in a 6 hour night.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

It's a fat lil runt...short, close to the ground, first to the banana. Errr or something like that.

Observationist

Observationist

Blue = taller plants.

So get the red out as much as possible and probably bring the overall up a little to make up for the PPFD lost in red.
Blue grows bushier tighter node plants

Red elongates

Did we type that backwards, sir.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Blue = taller plants.

Say What? My red led's stretch out my vegging girls and blue T5's keeps them shorter.....Moe? Did you get that backwards?

Top Bottom