Time to help the good folk

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Here's a few more pics. Mostly testers to check how stable they were.
If they grow large potent colas, and not a crazy amount of trim work, I'll usually S1 thoes. There are other exceptions, but finding thoes plants that will become clone only is what I'm looking for.
This 1st pic doesn't look all that special, but possibly the dences nugs I've seen a cannabis plant put out.
I kept clones, incase I'm ever in need for hight. On the other side was a cut of some old Chem.
I'll also put a few random pics of my Sativa, and of my Indica's fan leaves.
For scale, I'm 6'3-6'4, WR/QB hands.
I'm posting pics that I'd want to know more
The 25.14 was from 2012.
FWIW, That would have finished 2nd to Ghost Train Haze.
Since I've worked on it's potency, but it was always a top yielder

about
20140618 210042 1
20130531 182341 resized 1
20131115 023108 resized
20180326 214514
20150417 143213

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Why not. A few .
The 1st 2 are Choc D (Someone's cut)
I experimented with nute solution temp, as well as air temps.
Water temps at 67 hold 2x's as much 02 as 77. Keep the Rez cool, and for some colors, Choc only took a few degrees less, and the leaves would turn black, and no foxtailing at all
Next, big colas, and potang, but too leafy.
The last pic was very pretty, just not quite the potency. I had to fix that

20180109 114147
20180727 110408

more
20170828 223921
20180105 161614

20170516 223603 1
20180319 230847
20180427 200452
Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

I'm curious what your solution for pythium or thrips. I know what I would use but curious about your solution
I needed to step back to go forward.
Things where I am are about to change. The state will allow "mirogroweries" that has to be sold to a dispensary!
The state is actually moving quick to get the new laws un place, and the fee to the state is unbelievably low.
I've got everything I need to get going, and have had people waiting on me since I got out.
I've seen what the medical dispensaries have around here have to offer, and it's garbage.
They would limit microgrowers to 150 plants.
The governor, and both parties are all in, with a couple exceptions, but 60%+ of residents are in favor of recreational cannabis.

As I mentioned, I've delt with pretty much every issue that a grower can face. Not all can be beaten. On rare occasions, ya just gotta tear everything down sterilize, and cut your loses, but I've only seen that happen once. The facility was up, anf harvesting 12-14 weeks later.
So from cloning, to massive yields, and anything that may arise, I'm supremely confident I can get your garden thriving in a days.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Why not. A few .
The 1st 2 are Choc D (Someone's cut)
I experimented with nute solution temp, as well as air temps.
Water temps at 67 hold 2x's as much 02 as 77. Keep the Rez cool, and for some colors, Choc only took a few degrees less, and the leaves would turn black, and no foxtailing at all
Next, big colas, and potang, but too leafy.
The last pic was very pretty, just not quite the potency. I had to fix that

View attachment 1130853View attachment 1130855
moreView attachment 1130844View attachment 1130845

Is that RDWC?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Welcome back.... nice to see the helping growers intentions 👌 may disagree with the LED comments but that's the beautiful thing about growing there is no one right way just the one that works for us. Stay positive

Nice looking buds as usual 👍
It's all opinion. I wouldn't care if ya grew by candlelit. If you LOVE growing as I do, I'll do whatever I can to help
I'm curious what your solution for pythium or thrips. I know what I would use but curious about your solution
I learn, well watched other's learn the hard way. Prevention is tbe best cure.
For roots, I live H&G XL Silver.
Showering, and changing before entering the garden is a pain, however it's a whole lot easier than dealing with pythium root rot, PM (PLEANTY of air movement, keep containers clean)
Once I began taking these steps, I've had no issues (well serious)
Always assume any clone you bring in your garden is infected. Don't treat, but quarantine.
Thanks, those are excellent questions!

Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

It's all opinion. I wouldn't care if ya grew by candlelit. If you LOVE growing as I do, I'll do whatever I can to help
I learn, well watched other's learn the hard way. Prevention is tbe best cure.
For roots, I live H&G XL Silver.
Showering, and changing before entering the garden is a pain, however it's a whole lot easier than dealing with pythium root rot, PM (PLEANTY of air movement, keep containers clean)
Once I began taking these steps, I've had no issues (well serious)
Always assume any clone you bring in your garden is infected. Don't treat, but quarantine.
Thanks, those are excellent questions!
I fully agree on prevention. But my question was regarding pythium (root rot) and thrip's which are a pest.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

When I left, I
I fully agree on prevention. But my question was regarding pythium (root rot) and thrip's which are a pest.
Pests can only get in your garden if you let them. From pets, to shoes, going from 1 garden the the next.
Pythium is usually the result of nutrient solution being to warm, or stagnant. Microbes, and water temps between 63-67, House and Garden Roits Excel, and I haven't delt with Pythium since 2012?
Rockwool could be a poor choicevof medium if your temps run above 75.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Rock, I checked out your gallery.
Only 1 strain shown..Sour? It's hard to tell from the pics, plus there are countless names nowadays, but looks good.
And from the looks of your setup, you have a good amount of airflow, but is it getting the middle of your garden?.
If the temps in your root zone get too warm, and ya have poor airflow (even in a section) As it seems you know, pythium will spread fast, and that's not a problem we want

Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

When I left, I
Pests can only get in your garden if you let them. From pets, to shoes, going from 1 garden the the next.
Pythium is usually the result of nutrient solution being to warm, or stagnant. Microbes, and water temps between 63-67, House and Garden Roits Excel, and I haven't delt with Pythium since 2012?
Rockwool could be a poor choicevof medium if your temps run above 75.
Your very stuck on prevention but when growing in something like peat thrips can come in your purchased media. As well as pythium. There are products for mosquitos containing bti (I use mosquito dunk) in the water and combine with a pyrethrum spray to eradicate thrips or fungus gnats. And for root rot neem oil in your water. (I own a cannabis consulting company in Kelowna B.C. Canada.) I agree 100% a pest and fungal prevention program is the best means of handling these issues. However it's not realistic to assume you will NEVER have these problems even with proper prevention. But learning to deal with them (mosquito dunk's in the first watering of the soil followed by a spray that night can make the rest of your program work properly.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For thrips I'd use spinosad. Even monterrey garden insect spray works well. Conserve is the commercial flavour iirc.

For pythium... prevent it, as said. I prefer running sterile, UV treatment for new water and recycled nutrient, and H2O2. At the least H2O2. But others have had luck using products like rootshield plus which is a trichoderma subspecies.

Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

Only 1 strain shown..Sour? It's hard to tell from the pics, plus there are countless names nowadays, but looks good.
And from the looks of your setup, you have a good amount of airflow, but is it getting the middle of your garden?.
If the temps in your root zone get too warm, and ya have poor airflow (even in a section) As it seems you know, pythium will spread fast, and that's not a problem we want
To be clear I do not have any issues with these. I was just asking what You would do. Yes the ac is wired to blow air constantly into the center of the room at about 650 cfm
I currently have purple candy kush and king tutt. At about a 70/30 ratio

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Your very stuck on prevention but when growing in something like peat thrips can come in your purchased media. As well as pythium. There are products for mosquitos containing bti (I use mosquito dunk) in the water and combine with a pyrethrum spray to eradicate thrips or fungus gnats. And for root rot neem oil in your water. (I own a cannabis consulting company in Kelowna B.C. Canada.) I agree 100% a pest and fungal prevention program is the best means of handling these issues. However it's not realistic to assume you will NEVER have these problems even with proper prevention. But learning to deal with them (mosquito dunk's in the first watering of the soil followed by a spray that night can make the rest of your program work properly.
Correct! I haven't used peat since 2012 either. Besides the always threat of bugs in any medium, peat has other issues I've come across that weren't for me.
I won't even usd peat pucks to germ.
Examine your medium before using. Treat medium as you should treat clones
Having an isolated area for new medium is a great luxury.
I even assume there are bugs in my rockwool.
I always soak rockwool for 2 days.
Pearlite/Hempy buckets are very safe, as bugs have nothing they desire.
I've seen some growers do some use some real unethical measures to save their gardens.
All the batches I will be selling will be tested.
I've just got to follow my own suggestions, and I'll be gold

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

To be clear I do not have any issues with these. I was just asking what You would do. Yes the ac is wired to blow air constantly into the center of the room at about 650 cfm

I currently have purple candy kush and king tutt. At about a 70/30 ratio
Nice, I have access to Candy Kush. I had never seen it grow.
How far are those un flower?

Top Bottom