Time to help the good folk

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

Correct! I haven't used peat since 2012 either. Besides the always threat of bugs in any medium, peat has other issues I've come across that weren't for me.
I won't even usd peat pucks to germ.
Examine your medium before using. Treat medium as you should treat clones
Having an isolated area for new medium is a great luxury.
I even assume there are bugs in my rockwool.
I always soak rockwool for 2 days.
Pearlite/Hempy buckets are very safe, as bugs have nothing they desire.
I've seen some growers do some use some real unethical measures to save their gardens.
All the batches I will be selling will be tested.
I've just got to follow my own suggestions, and I'll be gold
Your plants are very nice by the way.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I feed very light myself. It saves issues down the road. Have you used Drip Clean in your nutrient solution? GREAT stuff.
What strain is that you're growing? Looks OG?
It looks killer, although the trim might have me running, or hiring at harvest time.
That's a strain I'd like to pollinate, as it looks like you're easily hitting the mark with that strain.
I saw on someone’s gallery, maybe your's? Someone grew a nice tree in a Hempy Bucket.
I think Hempy's are great. DWC, w/no moving parts, very pest resistant, and grows monsters.
The only problem is to do more than a few lights could be a bitch.
Ghost train x Haze number 8 rare dark strain Monday coming will be 5 weeks bloom

20210602 110820
20210602 110652
20210602 110343
20210602 110304
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Of the last few pscks of seeds I purchased, I bought GTH#1, as it was it's first run for sale. There's another one I wish I kept. Great yield, nice stretch that filled in fat, and DANK!
I really like the structure, and it look rather easy to trim (not hang ;) )
I never reused my containers.
The pics of the big buds compared to the water bottles were grown in Hrmpy Coffee cups. Pearlite, and Rockwool (especially Rockwool) can hold monster plants in very small containers.
Once I get this license, I'll be sure to keep my tempd in the low 70's, as I'd really like to use Rockwool all year.
You can see the cups against the wall. I put 12 of them under a 250. I won't mention #'s, as I wouldn't believe me..A lot had to do with the strain too

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Ghost train x Haze number 8 rare dark strain Monday coming will be 5 weeks bloom
5 weeks flowering? How many weeks does she go? Thoes buds are gonna get fat!
Long, and lots of white hairs sitting on a cola is a good sign in one of my books too.
Can't the guy's using LED's see how massive these yields are..
To each his/her own, and I'll be more than happy to work with anyone, but man, I remember when those companies were dropping a ton of $ for propaganda..
If ya look at the videos, they're all sponsored by the LED cos.
The legit vids, show the truth, but they're hard to find.
I still have 4 Corners, Scott's OG, and one other pack of RD strains. Maybe Docs OG?
Any of those have potential?

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

5 weeks flowering? How many weeks does she go? Thoes buds are gonna get fat!
Long, and lots of white hairs sitting on a cola is a good sign in one of my books too.
Can't the guy's using LED's see how massive these yields are..
To each his/her own, and I'll be more than happy to work with anyone, but man, I remember when those companies were dropping a ton of $ for propaganda..
If ya look at the videos, they're all sponsored by the LED cos.
The legit vids, show the truth, but they're hard to find.
I still have 4 Corners, Scott's OG, and one other pack of RD strains. Maybe Docs OG?
Any of those have potential?
10 weeks but take tops off at 8 weeks 👻🚂just waiting now I flushed them today and now just waiting for the onset to hit with pk13.14👍🤯

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

These hi par lights are tops all links up to control box so c and adjust temp and have half the lights turn off if gets to hot I have water coolers on intake to

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

These hi par lights are tops all links up to control box so c and adjust temp and have half the lights turn off if gets to hot I have water coolers on intake to
Those are LEDs?
How long have you been running that strain?
If the tops are ready at week 8, why not take em. You'll have time to let the lowers fatten more, and the trim isn't so overwhelming..

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Those are LEDs?
If the tops are ready at week 8, why not take em. You'll have time to let the lowers fatten more, and the trim isn't so overwhelming..

Those are LEDs?
2 years nearly doing this strain and yes I take cut at 8 and then at 10 the rest no leds they are hps with one Metal H 10 k globe as I can run both with these shades HI PAR are 900 hun a light and 800 hun for controller they are on only 60 % as the power has fried out to many times so can't run them at 1000w atm or ac atm

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Impressive amount of light you're getting. Do you know how many lumens, or watts per square foot you're getting?
Have you ever ran just 1 hps for 6-12 plants for comparison?
Are you available to PM?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

For thrips I'd use spinosad. Even monterrey garden insect spray works well. Conserve is the commercial flavour iirc.

For pythium... prevent it, as said. I prefer running sterile, UV treatment for new water and recycled nutrient, and H2O2. At the least H2O2. But others have had luck using products like rootshield plus which is a trichoderma subspecies.
I missed your post.
Yes, Spinosad will take care of thips pretty fast. IF I had to deal w/a pest, thrips would probably be my choice (jk)
Spinosad works in pretty much all pests to a degree, however pests like Aphids, even if knocked back a bit, will get used to it, and be back as strong, but with an immunity.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I missed your post.
Yes, Spinosad will take care of thips pretty fast. IF I had to deal w/a pest, thrips would probably be my choice (jk)
Spinosad works in pretty much all pests to a degree, however pests like Aphids, even if knocked back a bit, will get used to it, and be back as strong, but with an immunity.
This is true. Which is why it's recommended to alternate several different chemical groups of pesticides when fighting hard to kill bugs like root aphids or mites, so that they don't develop resistance.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This is true. Which is why it's recommended to alternate several different chemical groups of pesticides when fighting hard to kill bugs like root aphids or mites, so that they don't develop resistance.
Yes. There's a double standard that exists with what is allowed to use on cannabis, and say grapes.
If you (well me) want to sell legally to dispensaries, those chemicals will pop up in testing, even on clones of clones.
I just have to be extremely cautious not to let some of those incredibly hard to eradicate insects/pathogens in my garden.
I've seen mites, aphids come from grow shops.
The only way to be close to sure, is isolate new mediums, certain nutrients....
In a way I'm lucky to have seen just about everything over all the years of a grower.
As I mentioned I've taken a few years off. I must remain diligent, as well as disciplined

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Man, I don't think people realize how important water temps are! Having the set up you do is how (according to the coming laws) I'm going to have to do.
In the summer in Denver, or if the rez is in the grow room, growers are asking for reduced yields, root rot (pythium), yet people don't want to spend a couple bucks to ensure the root zone is getting the optimal O2 in the root zone.
Thst saying "happy roots...." is so true!

Top Bottom