Time to help the good folk

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Man, I don't think people realize how important water temps are! Having the set up you do is how (according to the coming laws) I'm going to have to do.
In the summer in Denver, or if the rez is in the grow room, growers are asking for reduced yields, root rot (pythium), yet people don't want to spend a couple bucks to ensure the root zone is getting the optimal O2 in the root zone.
Thst saying "happy roots...." is so true!
The roots of the plants are the main area of concern involving temperature, Ideally, the roots should be kept at a constant temperature of 72F.when the plants are placed under larger lights in the bloom, their canopy is large enough to shade and cool their root areas,

For hydro systems, my nutrient water temperature is below 70F all the time .

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I'll discontinue any N excess at week 4, with the exception of Calmag, especially during the summer months. The leaves may not look very good at harvests (eye of beholder), but I've found it's a good way to get some nice colors.
I think 4 to 5 weeks before the harvest and don’t need to add N.
But I found that many OLD SCHOOL growers like to add Vitamin B (super-thrive) until the last week before harvest(still dont know why).
and Real science confirms that silica helps plants to get DANK BUDS with some nice colors,

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Great point. I remember the older generation (s) swore by Super-thrive.
I've never actually have done it, but when I get going again? there's no reason not to try it on a table and see how it goes. It's not going to harm anything (although I don't know that for sure)?
I haven't heard Super- mentioned since I've been back.
One other thing I don't hear much about is Silica. That has, and always will be a part of my nute solution, except for flush.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

The roots of the plants are the main area of concern involving temperature, Ideally, the roots should be kept at a constant temperature of 72F.when the plants are placed under larger lights in the bloom, their canopy is large enough to shade and cool their root areas,

For hydro systems, my nutrient water temperature is below 70F all the time .
I have gone that warm, and even warmer back in the day, until pythium entered my life.
You look like you did your diligence on the subject as well. Hopefully you didn't go through a pythium run.
Anyway, I began reading on the topic. (It was the internet, so it had to be true) ;)
Anyway, since I began feeding at 63-67, I've had some real nice results. From what I read, water temps of 67 hold 10x's the oxygen of temps of 77.
I think it just comes down to.....if it's working for ya, why mess with it. The people keeping the root zone too warm will most likely run into problems sooner than later

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I feed very light myself. It saves issues down the road. Have you used Drip Clean in your nutrient solution? GREAT stuff.
What strain is that you're growing? Looks OG?
It looks killer, although the trim might have me running, or hiring at harvest time.
That's a strain I'd like to pollinate, as it looks like you're easily hitting the mark with that strain.
I saw on someone’s gallery, maybe your's? Someone grew a nice tree in a Hempy Bucket.
I think Hempy's are great. DWC, w/no moving parts, very pest resistant, and grows monsters.
The only problem is to do more than a few lights could be a bitch.
Same bud in the pics

20200621 234802
Resized 20200716 185153 10106652986886
Resized 20200716 185211 10178606948988
Resized 20200716 185212 10178386723411
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Good thread title.
Welcome back, nice buds by the way. Looks interesting, I'm in.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Of the last few pscks of seeds I purchased, I bought GTH#1, as it was it's first run for sale. There's another one I wish I kept. Great yield, nice stretch that filled in fat, and DANK!
I really like the structure, and it look rather easy to trim (not hang ;) )
I never reused my containers.
The pics of the big buds compared to the water bottles were grown in Hrmpy Coffee cups. Pearlite, and Rockwool (especially Rockwool) can hold monster plants in very small containers.
Once I get this license, I'll be sure to keep my tempd in the low 70's, as I'd really like to use Rockwool all year.
You can see the cups against the wall. I put 12 of them under a 250. I won't mention #'s, as I wouldn't believe me..A lot had to do with the strain tooView attachment 1131098View attachment 1131098
That how I started run to waste in jap Niski grow wool was the best if I could get it I would use it great for summer and coco for winter crops is what I recommend 👻🚂👍💯

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Same bud in the pics
Now that's what's I'm talking about. Man, I can see the greese coming through my screen.
LED, and you're comparing the sizes to big things lol.
No lighters, or fingernails there!.Great job!!!!, and you also impressed the hell outta me with you stringing up skill ;)

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Now that's what's I'm talking about. Man, I can see the greese coming through my screen.
LED, and you're comparing the sizes to big things lol.
No lighters, or fingernails there!.Great job!!!!, and you also impressed the hell outta me with you stringing up skill ;)
Thx mate yeah it doesn't take much to do as alot of the string is from other crops and I reuse it to pull buds around each other had 21 pound of them buds like that off first cut of 18 plants

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I'll discontinue any N excess at week 4, with the exception of Calmag, especially during the summer months. The leaves may not look very good at harvests (eye of beholder), but I've found it's a good way to get some nice colors.
Do U have any pictures of plants at the beginning of the 4th week in your photo gallery ?I wanted to try it a long time ago, but I didn't dare to try it

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
But for hydro,
Once N was cutted, the leaves began to turn yellow within a few days, i guess

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

But for hydro,
Once N was cutted, the leaves began to turn yellow within a few days, i guess
By week 4 of flower, on an 8, or 9 week strain the plant has its roots system in place, and if the grow is going well, it will happen very gradually. Cannabis doesn't need much N once the stretch is over.
The plant needs very little N at this point. P/k
I'll show you a plant I stopped giving N to after the stretch. That's the best way to describe it.
They start looking worse than the week before the 1st snow, but it's super clean smoke.
20180420 131442
20180420 131456

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

These grows are mosty mothers, i put under a net. Sometimes they were already too tall, so if ya notice, I didn't really "Super crop " Id just bent em until I could hear them snap (but not break) in the 1st set you csn see the massive knuckle that formed. That really helps in getting nutrients to the tops. Id use the stretch to fill in any empty holes.
After that they're on cruise control. Single mothers uder a 600 hps does a hell of a job. 😉

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

That was 7 and a half weeks bloom them tops
These grows are mosty mothers, i put under a net. Sometimes they were already too tall, so if ya notice, I didn't really "Super crop " Id just bent em until I could hear them snap (but not break) in the 1st set you csn see the massive knuckle that formed. That really helps in getting nutrients to the tops. Id use the stretch to fill in any empty holes.
After that they're on cruise control. Single mothers uder a 600 hps does a hell of a job. 😉
600watts hps equal a pound of yield

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Water cooler with water chiller and hi par with 10k MH globe I am thinking of running 3 MH 10 k globes next time or change them over some for last week as the 10k will bring out more oils and resin they say 👻🚂💯

20210603 162658
20210603 162706
20210603 162720
20210603 162726
20210603 162735
20210603 162805
20210603 162809
20210603 162828
20210603 162838
20210603 162926
20210603 163010
20210603 163029
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

That was 7 and a half weeks bloom them tops

600watts hps equal a pound of yield
Check this out. He hss done better than I have. I think he's hit 76 oz on a 600 hps, and other rediculous grows.

You don't think that's generalizing way to
much. You're going to make me come out of retirement too early..jk jk..
I've seen people under 1k get 1/2, or less, but I've also seen 2+ lb 600 watt grows. I won't talk about my #'s, as there's nothing good that will come of if.
The grow has to be flawless, and buds have to be dence, but 2+ isn't far fetched.
Like you, I'd harvest in stages. Both for effect, and to swell up some of the lowers.
OH WAIT. IT'S HERE. Click on that

Last edited:
Top Bottom