Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Quick question, what does the Age of a plant usually includes ? Say if your talking about a 30 day old plant is that from Germination,Sprouting or something different?
Working on my Journal and wanna include it for future possible Troubleshooting

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Quick question, what does the Age of a plant usually includes ? Say if your talking about a 30 day old plant is that from Germination,Sprouting or something different?
Working on my Journal and wanna include it for future possible Troubleshooting
I veg plants for as long as 6 months some times. I’ve never had an issue. It’s all really subjective to a strain, growth rates, yield, the area it’s grown in and the person steering the ship. All these variables and more will dictate the outcome. But at 30 days, it’s just going to be in a really nice veg given everything is dialed or the weather is awesome.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I veg plants for as long as 6 months some times. I’ve never had an issue. It’s all really subjective to a strain, growth rates, yield, the area it’s grown in and the person steering the ship. All these variables and more will dictate the outcome. But at 30 days, it’s just going to be in a really nice veg given everything is dialed or the weather is awesome.
Ima see where things will lead me 😆, rn im just a few days in after Sprouting and just wanted to keep track of things. thanks for clarifiying though 👊

it will be slighlty different for everyone there is no established rules.

i count day one a week after germinating the seeds, that's usually when the first set of leaves after the cotyledons has grown a little.
Sounds like a good idea, i was going to count day 1 from Sprouting, but thinking about it including the germination kinda make sense. Might steal that idea ✌️👊

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Question, genetics aside, what can I do to influence colour changes?
Temperature(colder) iirc can induct darker, purpleish colours.
There are also Supplements out there that claim to increase Colour, whether thats true or how "effective that is" i unfortunatly dont know.
One is called Purpinator, a friend of mine used that and got Purple colours but dont know how much of it came from the Supplement itself.

I honestly dont know, though i doubt you can "force" colorization on plants which dont have them in their genetics. I would say you can influence,boost or reduce the colouring if its within the given genetics.

But take it with a grain of salt and wait for the experienced poeple here to confirm, my knownledge only stems from reading and talking to people.

BB22

BB22

Bug question.

Watered a plant in a solo cup today. Found some very tiny, fast movers, dark in color. Running on my hand. Didn’t appear to jump or fly. Any ideas? Very difficult for me to take a picture.

I was reading some bugs are good in soil🤷‍♂️

I have H2O2, sticky traps, neem oil and DE.

Thanks ✌️

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Temperature(colder) iirc can induct darker, purpleish colours.
There are also Supplements out there that claim to increase Colour, whether thats true or how "effective that is" i unfortunatly dont know.
One is called Purpinator, a friend of mine used that and got Purple colours but dont know how much of it came from the Supplement itself.

I honestly dont know, though i doubt you can "force" colorization on plants which dont have them in their genetics. I would say you can influence,boost or reduce the colouring if its within the given genetics.

But take it with a grain of salt and wait for the experienced poeple here to confirm, my knownledge only stems from reading and talking to people.
Maybe @Zill knows about the Supplement (SDS)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I'm so OCD with this. After putting on the other trellis there's no repositioning the buds so this will have to do until harvest. There are some decent sized tops in the back sort of hanging there that I couldn't reach to position in the net so they're on their own lol. The left plant should have a couple weeks left, the right 3-4 weeks.

There's so much to this that you have to actually do to learn. I feel like I'll breeze through grow 2.
That’s a fine looking canopy 😍

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Bug question.

Watered a plant in a solo cup today. Found some very tiny, fast movers, dark in color. Running on my hand. Didn’t appear to jump or fly. Any ideas? Very difficult for me to take a picture.

I was reading some bugs are good in soil🤷‍♂️

I have H2O2, sticky traps, neem oil and DE.

Thanks ✌️
any bugs use 50/50 water/99% isopropyl, soak the plant and least an inch of the top of your medium,. it’ll kill all stages of life instantly, no bullshitting around,..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Will the alcohol affect any of the bacteria or fungus in the soil?
i’m sure it would kill off whatever it came in contact with, like a fresh start haha,.. i cover my medium with a cutout piece of cardboard to soak plant than after done spraying i’ll remove and spray the surface just enough to get an inch or less wet, knowing it’ll also drip down from the plant,
i’ve still haven’t seen any issue with using the isopropyl,.. here just the cat grass as i did just soak the grass and medium a few days ago

Top Bottom