TK has kissed the ring...

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Turtle_Weed

So when you start seeds you start them in the one gallon pots, top at third node, then transplant to 3 gallon pots with super soil (how much super soil do you add to the 3 gallon pots?), and then once they are sexed you transplant to 5 gallon pots (with how much super soil)?

The reason I ask is because I too grow in super soil. In the past I've just transplanted straight into the 5 gallon containers and it sucks finding out that its a male later. I've wasted a lot of soil.

I'll probably be trying your seed starting technique with the 4 seedlings I have right now. It will save me soil and I also need to top because I have limited height.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I sprout in a rapid rooter or rockwool cube, once I have roots i go into a 5.5" pot that i think holds one liter but i don't use the supersoil yet, I use FFOF with a bag of Light Warrior only in the 5.5" pots and then I go to 3 gallon pots once they basically get rootbound. The 3 gallon pots is the first time I use the supersoil and i am not buffering at all at that point because i have a 1 liter cube of healthy roos and a boostin plant so they do not even skip a beat. I veg and sex in the 3 gallon pots and then transplant to the 5 gallon tall nursury pots for more veggin till room opens up in the flower room.

Tex

10 gallon pots are the smallest I will flower in but prefer the 15 gallon ones

T

Turtle_Weed

Thanks for the reply.

I dont have much height so I have to flower early so I usually use 5 gallons and use #7 nursery pots for shorter strains. I got a querkle in a #7 nursery pot and it's gonna yield huge for a urkle hybrid (it's space queen dom). I'll have to try not buffering when I transplant next time. I'm on my 3rd run with super soil and I've been running into defficiencies. I've only been filling about 1/3 of my container with super soil and I have to use some botanicare in the last couple weeks or top dress in the 3rd week of flower. I will try something similar to what you do for my current run.
Thanks again.

S

Smokin

And "thanks to both of you..." from one who had the benefit of "many questions answered" just following this thread.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You can also put a good two or so inches of supersoil on top and water through it, the run off goes right to the rest of the root system with fresh power and concentration.

If you veg all the way through to flower and don't transplant into a fresh bit of supersoil right before flower the mix will come up a little short at the end...a little mother earth bloom tea works great.

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here are a couple Larry OG girls in the stable right now...twins..double the fun..

Tex

DSCN2508
DSCN2509
DSCN2510
DSCN2511
DSCN2512
DSCN2513
DSCN2514
S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
TK
That sure dose pretty can't wait to see these finished.

J

jo4ey

Great Grow man, I am barely in baby stages with the TCC gear hope to catch up.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
TK is this your 1st time using supersoil or have you used it before?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
TK is this your 1st time using supersoil or have you used it before?

I have about six months with it, indoors and outdoors, and love it....already pulled a few lbs off of it and it is killer for taste and ease of grow.

Tex

K

KUSHIEKUSH

Tk your stuff looks amazing. Had some questions for you. Ill make em fast cus I dnt wanna hi jack your page. After you mix the super soil do you let it sit out for 30 days in the sun also? Do you have 2 let it sit that long.? Also do you add anything else besides water once you put them in the ssuper soil and is it ro or tap.?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I let it sit, not always 30 days though but at least a week or so.

A little molasses or sweet or maybe sweet leaf

R/O water

Tex

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

hey TK.. i poked around in here and i just can't seem to find the super soil post ..so could you put the SS recipe up here again!!dj

W

winterykiss

Hey Kid, as always You rock!!! The strains you work with are the best and your work is what the rest of us follow. The very best from us in the frozen north. Totally love going through your threads.

The only kush i have going now is Moto's OGkush...

PEACE
winterykiss

Latest posts

Top Bottom