TK has kissed the ring...

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Calimad

those are some beast you got there TK. keep it up . ill be here along for the show

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

TK good lookin work my friend, appreciate your work and simplicity, keep it up

SSP

P

phame

TK awesome job your doing, all your girls look great. I also am working on swerve's sfv bx2, although mine are all a little different, are yours all looking the same, or are you seeing any different traits. Any advise you could give on what she likes.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
How does topping add vigor? JK

Scientifically I am not sure what the answer is but it does...it seems when you pinch or top the growth tips it kicks in another dose of growth hormones or something in the plant, all of your lower intrernodal junctions sprout their bracts withing a day and stay in high gear throughout...I have done it side by side so many times that it is not even a question for me as to the benifits of topping, I really don't think I have seen one plant in 14+ years growin and 10,000+ plants, I have yet to see one doing better untopped...maybe I just ran the wrong 800 strains so far and should keep lookin for that untopped gem in the mix.

I also use topping to combat giant main colas, I don't like them, they are a pain in the ass mold and rot magnets for me so i try and keep them to a minimum..

Tex

J

Jalisco Kid

I hear ya. I can see the plant producing growth hormones and depositing growth hormones in the tips of the lower branching causing them to pump up but I would have thought that the effect would fade in a couple of weeks, then resume normal growth rate. I wish I could get some vigor with my BP as she is as slow as molasses on a freaking cold winter day. I have tried a lot of dif formulas of prg's tring to kick her ass in gear.
I have that problem with my Ms. Walker as she will put out 8-10" bud and if you are not on top of it she will develop grey mold. Since I bred her it makes me proud to pass out hand grenade buds but as a grower that's a pain in the ass to deal with. JK

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I used to have a Mazar that if you didn't top her would grow these massive main colas the size of 2liter coke bottles, beautiful giant high time centerfold lookin shit and then at harvest I would find a hollow grey mold carcus there...damn it sucked

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Chem Valley Kush in all her glory...

Tex

DSCN2737
DSCN2738
DSCN2740
DSCN2741
E

easypleasie

These look great! Hey TK, do you mind sharing your methods of trimming the fan leaves? Is there a specific time frame/schedule that you follow? I've heard of people trimming at the end of the first week of flower and then once again at the end of week 3. Do you do any trimming during veg?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I thin leaves the whole time, veg and flower, I just try and not take to many at one time..

I just pinch the verticle growth tips on the bracts to control the hieght and increase yield..

Tex

E

easypleasie

Thanks TK! I'll keep doing what i'm doing then :) Just gotta remember not to get carried away with the snips!

D

dailychronic

when you finally harvest I am going to be wishing I lived in the same town as you because there is going to be shitload of super duper dank going around.

regarding topping from what I am to understand if you wait to the 8th node, and cut it to the 2nd (not counting fan leaves) you will get four tops instead of one. If you do this sooner you will get less tops and if you do it later you can get more.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
regarding topping from what I am to understand if you wait to the 8th node, and cut it to the 2nd (not counting fan leaves) you will get four tops instead of one. If you do this sooner you will get less tops and if you do it later you can get more.

Not sure about any of that but i top at the third node from seed and there is no rhyme or reason to the way i top clones..

Tex

S

sweetcanadasmoke23

nice Tex!! that super soil sure keeps em nice and healthy! im gonna makke the switch soon, whats your average yield on a plant that size in SS? keep doin what you do man!

S

Swerve

man o mn looking great my friend looking great that cvk is gonna yeild for ya nicely..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is not one in the bunch that isn't goin to yield like a mofo...there is one CVK that is over the top and a Raskal as well....monsters with colas a stackin..

Big up Swerve

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I do not reuse and the old goes into my raised beds for veggies..

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom