Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Anybody ever use botanicares coco? If so is it salty?
Not terribly. I've used it both with and without a full rinse. Either way preformed very well. Still have a half a bag laying around. Cyco coco is a superior product imo. But the ready grow is solid.

Pimp T

Pimp T

I have another platinun led p300 unit for $150 cheaper than it cost anywhere pm if u want it!
Platinum led p300 1

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

View attachment 527411

I have a small area walled off at the back of a shed Witch has 2 4x4 and a 4x2 . No grow room as such although there is silver insulation in the room that holds the tents .
lol okay bc i saw the silver in the background and assumed it was an indoor grow room with a grow tent inside...this way makes more sense..=)

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Damn!! I was planning on going to my first ever HTCC in Michigan this year but found out that you need to be a card carrier to medicate!=( I mean I guess that makes sense and if i would thought about it prior to making plans I would have realized they aren't just going to let everyone blaze all willy nilly...Oh well I guess I have to wait for the next one in CO. to take my HTCC virginity!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey @Tnelz ...im wondering..when you start lets say a seed or a clone, you start it in a plug im assuming, either rockwool or a root plug, but when you go to transplant to your coco loco/rockwool cube mix do you use a net to securely hole your plug into place? or does it have enough support from the medium to stand up straight and be pretty secure?
Also lets say I was transplanting to just lil rockwool cubes as a medium...wouldn't you have to use a net or something then bc I just don't see how those lil 1/4in or 3/4in cubes would securely support the new plant without it falling over or just moving around lots...if you or ANYONE can give me a better idea on how it works it would be greatly appreciated!!

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Coco kic
Depends on the bale bro. They sell with and without mycrorhizze. Like 30 different kinds of promix. Its all pretty good. Imo there are better mediums but plenty of people would disagree. All a matter of opinion. Mine is coco kicks peats ass. But plenty of guys would say the opposite. All depends what your after and what your comfortable with.
Coco kicked peats ass!!! just went through bale 2. See how it turns out . ☺ I can understand the personal preference. Respect for the info.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Well one mystery GSC seed went like this

And one is healthy

One never popped at all So I'm germinate the other for a mother and ... that sucks no wonder I got a good deal of the free oneslol , lesson learned.

SourDank

SourDank

Well one mystery GSC seed went like thisView attachment 527432
And one is healthy
View attachment 527433
One never popped at all So I'm germinate the other for a mother and ... that sucks no wonder I got a good deal of the free oneslol , lesson learned.
Hey man, you never know. You may find the next OG or Chem in those. That's why I hesitated saying what I did, but I just didn't want you to go into it expecting something that wasn't coming. But like @Power OG said, his boy found some fire in there. Just make sure you clone whatever ones live, because you never know which one will be the one. good luck homie

Last edited:
420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Hey man, you never know. You may find the next OG or Chem in those. That's why I hesitated saying what I did, but I just didn't want you to go into it expecting something that wasn't coming. But like @Power OG said, his boy found some fire in there. Just make sure you clone whatever ones live, because you never know which one will be the one. good luck homie
I hear that☺will take that bit of advice seriously. Got a couple unknown strains and I seeded them. Will definitely do same. Respect @420lyfe PpP peace and good vibes ☺

SourDank

SourDank

I hear that☺will take that bit of advice seriously. Got a couple unknown strains and I seeded them. Will definitely do same. Respect @420lyfe PpP peace and good vibes ☺
Yea man, I only said the cloning bit because I seen that you said you were gonna pop the last one to make a mom. It makes me sick to my stomach how many times I've counted a girl out, just for in the last 1-2 weeks her to turn into the best of the bunch. And everytime I say that it's the last time, until my dumbass does it AGAIN. Don't be stupid like me bro lol, clone everything and keep it til your sure she's not what you want. It's not like it requires a lot of resources to keep one extra clone in veg you know.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey @Tnelz ...im wondering..when you start lets say a seed or a clone, you start it in a plug im assuming, either rockwool or a root plug, but when you go to transplant to your coco loco/rockwool cube mix do you use a net to securely hole your plug into place? or does it have enough support from the medium to stand up straight and be pretty secure?
Also lets say I was transplanting to just lil rockwool cubes as a medium...wouldn't you have to use a net or something then bc I just don't see how those lil 1/4in or 3/4in cubes would securely support the new plant without it falling over or just moving around lots...if you or ANYONE can give me a better idea on how it works it would be greatly appreciated!!
The medium holds everything. Honestly though I use a mix of peat worm castings and grow rocks at 50 30 20 percent and wow directly into that. Amazing for seedlings.

giggles

giggles

So to anyone who uses coco loco I've gotta question. Can I take the coco and build a mix from there? Say like add perlite,compost and some other goodies and make it a super loco coco and just feed with teas as needed? Does it need like or anything to balance PH out or anything or can I just use my straight RO water and it will buffer.

Thinking of buying a bag and running a few girls next round in it to see if I want to invest switching everything all over. Thanks guys!

Hope everyone had a good day!

Max Frost

Max Frost

I haven't tried the coco Loco yet, but hear nothing but great things about it. I just picked up a block of the roots organic. This brick is the regular cut. Last run I accidentally picked up a brick of the RO coco CHIPS by mistake. The store is a 3 hr round trip...so I just used it. I mix at basically 60/40 perlite/coco. I got amazing performance out of the chips running hempys! My thinking is that it seems to still hold water/nuts well...but gives waaaay increased airation to the roots. Anybody else had any experience with chips? Should the RO oco be rinsed? (Lmao...the chips ran fine with no treatment). Also...has anybody tried "Growstones" (http://www.growstone.com) as a replacement for perlite? The store was out of the #3 (preferred) and #4 perlite! (SHEESH...did I pick the wrong day to go to the store or what)?!!

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Anybody ever use botanicares coco? If so is it salty?
Talking about the compressed bales? Ive used most of the commonly available coco lines, Bio bizz, Canna, Botnicare, etc. Aint too much of a difference between them as far as practical usage imo, other than some are more pithy and some are more fiberous and stringy. Never really bothered flushing em out either, never ran into any problems what so ever. Just expand the brick and quick rinse and youre good to go. I feed/water to quite a bit of runoff first go though, so that might a contributing factor. I also mix in hydroton( ala 60/40 chow mix)

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

So to anyone who uses coco loco I've gotta question. Can I take the coco and build a mix from there? Say like add perlite,compost and some other goodies and make it a super loco coco and just feed with teas as needed? Does it need like or anything to balance PH out or anything or can I just use my straight RO water and it will buffer.

Thinking of buying a bag and running a few girls next round in it to see if I want to invest switching everything all over. Thanks guys!

Hope everyone had a good day!
Not sure about coco loco specifically, I cant imagine it being any different than any other coco, I've seen multiple times people amending their coco, there is already a product being sold apparently called super coco, along the lines of what you were thinking, similar to super soil. But I would imagine the buffering capacity would have to come ammendments as well, coco buffers, but you might screw with the CEC. Also I prefer to feed coco like hydro applications, 3-12x a day on short cycles. Seems to work much much better imo than watering like dirt

Latest posts

Top Bottom