Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey y'all!! So I got a question. I have a 5x5 tent right now and was thinking of getting another 4x8. If I do, the no brainer thing to do would be to use the 4x8 as my flower tent and the 5x5 as my veg tent right? I was thinking about doing the opposite maybe bc I might need more room in veg for potential mothers and clones/propagation...whatta y'all think? am I stupid for wanting to use the larger tent for veg?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Also just wanted to throw out some positive vibes bc I got a whole mess of them!! Life is Good, Patients is Key!
Today was a good day...i didn't even have to use my AK...lol

way2green

way2green

Hey y'all!! So I got a question. I have a 5x5 tent right now and was thinking of getting another 4x8. If I do, the no brainer thing to do would be to use the 4x8 as my flower tent and the 5x5 as my veg tent right? I was thinking about doing the opposite maybe bc I might need more room in veg for potential mothers and clones/propagation...whatta y'all think? am I stupid for wanting to use the larger tent for veg?
How many veg.....mothers are u thinking.......if u want a lot of mothers or strains then u may want the larger tent...............U can only have so many genetics....I have a couple mothers I keep for breeding purposes but I personally choose more flowering plants.............I have never used a tent to grow......but in a 4 x 8 space I can hang 2 lights and run 12====14 plants

way2green

way2green

How many veg.....mothers are u thinking.......if u want a lot of mothers or strains then u may want the larger tent...............U can only have so many genetics....I have a couple mothers I keep for breeding purposes but I personally choose more flowering plants.............I have never used a tent to grow......but in a 4 x 8 space I can hang 2 lights and run 12====14 plants
I must add that I am no pro........just a poor country boy trying to make ends.meet

Skunked

Skunked

Popped a few BBK s1s and this one is slow but so dark, definitely calling it the gengar pheno. Keeping for sure whether male or female as all the others are lighter of a green and this is the only one I've ever seen like this off the rip lol.

The second pictures shows all the others and it is the front left which you can't even see it but to show where the others are and how they look. Swear they were all out of the dirt yesterday at the same time, this one being a little slower to completely abandon its shell. Really looking fwd to this strain.

Junk

Junk

What you are describing is pretty much what I have, & I wouldn't go back to a single tent.

I would also use the larger one for flower, like you are doing. Flower is when the plants get big, so your plan makes sense to me.

I wish I had a 5x9 tent though (I have a makeshift space). Unless a 5x9' is too big, I would choose that over a 4x8.

Junk

Junk

I have a 4x4 & I can fit plenty of moms. With a 5x5 he should be good.

But really, you are right....if he wants to house more mothers than flowering plants, than he has to chose the 4x8.

The nice thing about the 5x5 is you can use a single light & a large square hood. The 4x8 is going to require at least 2 lights. So, which does he want to use for what...

My first thought is to have at least a 600 MH or Horti Blue in the veg tent. Use the 4'x8' for flower with 2 1k's. I would love that setup.

Junk

Junk

Just a quick pic of the 400 watt mh tentView attachment 544287

Have you tried the horti blue yet in veg? That is what I always used, so when I abandoned LED & repurchased some stuff, I got an MH.

I think the blue does a noticeably better job. Next time you are buying bulbs, check it out. I will certainly be going back to it.

Anyone know a good, no frills, inexpensive, 1k ballast?

@way2green Creepy yet cool avatar dude!

way2green

way2green

Have you tried the horti blue yet in veg? That is what I always used, so when I abandoned LED & repurchased some stuff, I got an MH.

I think the blue does a noticeably better job. Next time you are buying bulbs, check it out. I will certainly be going back to it.

Lol......I agree dude.....wicked ads.possum......when @@FlyinJStable found out that I have a pet possum he emailed me and showed me some different possums......my possum would not work because every time u pick him up he licks and kisses all over me and.my daughter......lol.....country come to town

Tnelz

Tnelz

Very familiar with the horti blue. Great bulb. However that mh is a 25 dollar home Depot and it does plenty well. And I'm mostly led for veg and honestly nothing touches led veg wise. So just not something I'd bother spending the money on. This mh my four foot six bulb t5 and about 900 total watts of led is all I'd ever need for veg. I will be shit over to 315 cmh sooner than later then I'll pretty much be using those and a few leds. But imo the horti blue is a great bulb. Covers almost as much spectrum wise as the 315. As for a ballast on the cheap go Apollo.

MGRox

MGRox

In the "bean run" you were using different seeds of bullrider? or clones of the bullrider mother? cool test to be doing... It is good you give a blind smoke test with your testers.
Thank you for the question and kind comments. I do hope that I've not made things confusion with how I've brought it all up.
So, any mention of a "bean run" would be in reference to one of the "newer" strains I still have around to test / have run with NO3 (2 pheno fuel, 2 pheno headband, cannatonic). All of those should've had a comparison picture for that strain along with it and some info with the grow. So far then, there has been a comparison pic of Headband pheno 1 and 2; along with one pheno of fuel. The second fuel pheno comparison will be along shortly. As well I did show comparison pics of bullrider before (original urea), during (NO3) and after (recent urea testing); yes these are all from cuts.
Bullrider I've had for 7-8 years now maybe. For most of that time I took cuts from a mother; though over the last year or so, I've gone more towards "cut to cut". So all shots or references to bullrider are with cuts.

I've basically got 2 different things going on simultaneously that I'm updating; 1. comparing the effect of urea on newer strains. 2. optimizing the urea effect via bullrider.

As far as the blind test yeah I want things to be as objective and scientific as possible. I've always had a passion to "make things better" and is where I always find interest. Doesn't matter what I pickup, that's where I head. An engineer at heart I guess maybe. So, with all this stuff if I have bias, close-mindedness, or don't try to consider all variables; then I won't end up accomplishing what I'm after.

An update with the blind test. Now everyone who knows bullrider has tried the "change" to urea and no one even had a clue it was bull. As well I have no demand for the NO3 bullrider now, lol. Most thought the headband pheno 1 was fuel when given the blind test (diesel more prevalent). Everyone has ID'ed fuel as fuel. Most Id'ed headband pheno 2 as "one of the headbands".
So at this point, how I would run what's been tested;
Bullrider > Urea
Headband pheno 1 >Urea
Headband pheno 2 > NO3
Fuel pheno 1 > Urea
Fuel pheno 2 >?? not done

MGRox

MGRox

@Tnelz Mighty fine man! how soon you gonna be flipping those? In my space I'd about be panicking right now, to get them out hehe.
@Power OG Excellent job!! Plain water FTW! To me that's one of the reasons I know I'll eventually try organic. would love to do a no nute run. Props!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Yea I plan on having a lot of mothers and I was thinking of hanging 2 4ft 8 bulb t5's and have the moms in there along with and cuts waiting to root and seedling going into veg...Not that I will have ALL that going on at one time...lol...Im not making a factory or anything, just giving examples...lol

Orrrr maybe I would just do 2 300w leds and 1 4ft 8 bulb t5?? Like I said I got plenty of time to think this out and figure out what will work best for my needs and budget but I am always appreciative and eager to hear y'alls input!! Keep it coming!

Last edited:
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

What you are describing is pretty much what I have, & I wouldn't go back to a single tent.

I would also use the larger one for flower, like you are doing. Flower is when the plants get big, so your plan makes sense to me.

I wish I had a 5x9 tent though (I have a makeshift space). Unless a 5x9' is too big, I would choose that over a 4x8.
lol..i think i understand plants get bigger in flower by now..lol
The reason I would use the larger tent for veg is bc I plan on having a good amt of genetics on hand and honestly I think this next year I might just be growing for my self..mostly...ill prolly vend a # here and there to keep xtra $ on hand for garden stuff,,,,,idk..I got lots to think about and plenty of time to figure this out...was just looking for some opinions...but thank you brother!!

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Tnelz Mighty fine man! how soon you gonna be flipping those? In my space I'd about be panicking right now, to get them out hehe.
@Power OG Excellent job!! Plain water FTW! To me that's one of the reasons I know I'll eventually try organic. would love to do a no nute run. Props!
The 400 watt tent is getting flipped tomorrow. Only going to run 3 plants in there though. Rest are going into my new room. Stay tuned brother. And thanks for the compliment.

Skunked

Skunked

And I have to say NSPECTA CSI is the man, I personally am a purple fiend and his are all fucking bomb. Every pheno is unqiue yet so beautiful, speaking toward his mendo & urk but his bubba crosses are even fucking beautiful. Another I'm trying to fill the garden up with is True Canna Genetics, if any of you follow him on IG and have seen the #GrapeLemonade but that baby is a beaut I'd love to work it. Anyone know where I can find his beans? I'd feel bad to hit him up idk how you guys get linked up with breeders lol I'd feel like a nuisance hitting them up and a fiend really looking for some top quality ish for the garden right now though as I need to get down to businesssss. Been thinking about taking a trip next outdoor season also and living the rugged life for a huge outdoor grow out west. Like on some cartel ish but a lot smaller lol, have a few spots, camp and be non existent just intact with myself and nature and my babies for a few months. As well as I'm sure see many things I'll never be able to expeirence otherwise. Lol, it's a lot to think about but the season ends too early here and it's get cold as well as unpredictable! Would love to be able to have a outdoor grow with the capability of using any strain I feel and get a finished product, no premature airy at times flowers.

ANYWAYS TO SHORTEN ALL OF THAT WHERE CAN I GET TRUE CANNA GENETICS SEEDS? lol :)

Top Bottom