Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MGRox

MGRox

@Power OG stellar pics as always!
@Stumpy420 she's gonna be "gettin' down to it" real soon.
@Lazerus00 Looking good! I've still got mine in smaller pots (bad me, bad) will be too late for the 1 liters haha.

Ok, so finally I've got an update with headband (pheno 2 of 2).
First, the pic; On the left is with Urea (modified formula, shown previously) and the right is with NO3.
HBA comp

I have actually flowered more than the "bean run" of this; though I didn't weigh each one, so I'll use the bean number. From a bean and with NO3 I got 56. This run with modified urea god 54 (not a hold back).
From a form perspective, this strain was one that bordered on "loose" with NO3. I had hoped the density and structure would be possibly improved with urea and both were; though I would say density increase was not large.

From a smoke /flavor perspective, this strain has been kept so far because of it's flavor and I'm not a flavor guy. It has a nice full bouquet and sweetness with NO3. However, with urea; again the flavor profile was altered and "narrowed". As well the sweet component is much less noticeable. As a result of this and marginal improvement in density; if I were to keep this strain further, I would run it with NO3 and not urea
For those that have and may be still following the urea and bullrider;
So, the bulk of the bulls that got the modified urea formula previously shown; are far enough along to make comparisons with my original formula. As well I'm starting to get data points for the new urea mix I'm testing (mentioned with lower NH4 and JR peters instead of MG for urea). Thankfully everything has / is responding as intended; which means there's not some other factor still unknown....yay.
I want to state up front here again that bullrider responds to this much more than other strains. I have a fuel in each week set and I could not tell you when I changed things; however I can visibly see exactly what was changed with bull. As such, I'm using bull as the basis to try to determine "optimal" and "preferable" ratios; that will / are being applied to other strains.
I'm very happy with the previously shown urea formula as applied to a "preferable" ratio to use. As compared to the original formula; there is a good consistency and uniformity of structure and it is not quite as dependent on timing. As well, the increase of Ca, Mg and lowering of NH4 seem to help increase overall "health" (used loosely).
However this does reduce the "effect" to a marginal degree compared to the original formula. I believe for a formula to "try", that is fairly "safe"; while still achieving the effects of urea, the previously shown formula is best.

below is a pic (though not great). I tried to get multiple tops to show consistency of form and health. These are 3 tops from 2 plants at about 7 weeks. These got the modified urea formula shown (week 3-6).
Bulsform452134
So then to cover in one spot;
-The original formula is 53% urea, 36% NH4 and 11% NO3.
-The modified formula is 34% Urea, 21% NH4 and 45% NO3. (previously shown)
-The Low NH4 formula is 32% Urea, 10% NH4 and 58% NO3.
--ALL SAME NPK-- // --- Modified and Low NH4 also same Mg, Ca and very close S, Fe and traces.

I have early thoughts with the low NH4 formula.
The change from the modified to low NH4 formula, as related to the urea effect; is quite dramatic. It would appear that a Large fraction of the urea effect will be negated or negatively impacted with this formula. The ONLY alterations to the entire profile was the drop from 20% to 10% NH4; which moved NO3 up from 45% to 58%. This means there are still 2 possible reasons for why the effect is largely gone. A. a minimal level of NH4 was not achieved. B. The increase of NO3 in relation to Urea. I'm 95% sure that B. is the case.
There is no good way to test this as even making 2 formulas would still require a variation in urea; which adds another variable.
If this is the case; then it could be hypothesized that having an NO3 ratio in excess of 50% total N will largely negate the urea effect. Basically you're going to have to go full on into a urea formula or risk negative or no positive results; related to the urea effect.

Waaay back at the beginning of this all I related to the fact that my bull lowers its NO3 utilization ability moving into flower. That this was often evidenced by bits of NO3+ and that the urea formula did not do this. I have a pic from one bull at about 4 weeks (with the new low NH4 urea formula) and you can see the classic "nitrate" related effects with my bull.
Bull4wk601030
Negatives in this pic from Nitrate.
-Note the smaller topmost leaves and are thin.
-Note the NO3+ clawing on the newest growth signaling borderline toxicity.
-Note narrower and elongated / stretched top cola.
-Note while darker green; the leaves are not overly shiny.

I'll continue this formula until there are enough specimens to develop an average basis from; however I fully expect a decent drop in yield / form and structure from this formula as compared to the previous. It is still early to tell for sure, but I believe these will be a bit "gapped" in the top sections and rather narrow in form. I.e. more what you would have typically expected to occur with higher urea levels not higher nitrate.

One other final note I hadn't pointed out as a possible positive with the Urea formula. As far as "trim" leaves (fully crystalized); my bull would typically average 5-7 grams of trim per plant with NO3. However, with urea it has only been 2-3 grams. I notice with the new lower NH4 formula, again there are going to be significantly more leaves. Comparison there cannot be made until several are done.
Last but not least. I need to get some pics up of the new stuff that's coming along too. hopefully that will come shortly. Due to space constraints I've had to keep things as small as possible so far.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

@Power OG stellar pics as always!
@Stumpy420 she's gonna be "gettin' down to it" real soon.
@Lazerus00 Looking good! I've still got mine in smaller pots (bad me, bad) will be too late for the 1 liters haha.

Ok, so finally I've got an update with headband (pheno 2 of 2).
First, the pic; On the left is with Urea (modified formula, shown previously) and the right is with NO3.
View attachment 544184

I have actually flowered more than the "bean run" of this; though I didn't weigh each one, so I'll use the bean number. From a bean and with NO3 I got 56. This run with modified urea god 54 (not a hold back).
From a form perspective, this strain was one that bordered on "loose" with NO3. I had hoped the density and structure would be possibly improved with urea and both were; though I would say density increase was not large.

From a smoke /flavor perspective, this strain has been kept so far because of it's flavor and I'm not a flavor guy. It has a nice full bouquet and sweetness with NO3. However, with urea; again the flavor profile was altered and "narrowed". As well the sweet component is much less noticeable. As a result of this and marginal improvement in density; if I were to keep this strain further, I would run it with NO3 and not urea
For those that have and may be still following the urea and bullrider;
So, the bulk of the bulls that got the modified urea formula previously shown; are far enough along to make comparisons with my original formula. As well I'm starting to get data points for the new urea mix I'm testing (mentioned with lower NH4 and JR peters instead of MG for urea). Thankfully everything has / is responding as intended; which means there's not some other factor still unknown....yay.
I want to state up front here again that bullrider responds to this much more than other strains. I have a fuel in each week set and I could not tell you when I changed things; however I can visibly see exactly what was changed with bull. As such, I'm using bull as the basis to try to determine "optimal" and "preferable" ratios; that will / are being applied to other strains.
I'm very happy with the previously shown urea formula as applied to a "preferable" ratio to use. As compared to the original formula; there is a good consistency and uniformity of structure and it is not quite as dependent on timing. As well, the increase of Ca, Mg and lowering of NH4 seem to help increase overall "health" (used loosely).
However this does reduce the "effect" to a marginal degree compared to the original formula. I believe for a formula to "try", that is fairly "safe"; while still achieving the effects of urea, the previously shown formula is best.

below is a pic (though not great). I tried to get multiple tops to show consistency of form and health. These are 3 tops from 2 plants at about 7 weeks. These got the modified urea formula shown (week 3-6).
View attachment 544191
So then to cover in one spot;
-The original formula is 53% urea, 36% NH4 and 11% NO3.
-The modified formula is 34% Urea, 21% NH4 and 45% NO3. (previously shown)
-The Low NH4 formula is 32% Urea, 10% NH4 and 58% NO3.
--ALL SAME NPK-- // --- Modified and Low NH4 also same Mg, Ca and very close S, Fe and traces.

I have early thoughts with the low NH4 formula.
The change from the modified to low NH4 formula, as related to the urea effect; is quite dramatic. It would appear that a Large fraction of the urea effect will be negated or negatively impacted with this formula. The ONLY alterations to the entire profile was the drop from 20% to 10% NH4; which moved NO3 up from 45% to 58%. This means there are still 2 possible reasons for why the effect is largely gone. A. a minimal level of NH4 was not achieved. B. The increase of NO3 in relation to Urea. I'm 95% sure that B. is the case.
There is no good way to test this as even making 2 formulas would still require a variation in urea; which adds another variable.
If this is the case; then it could be hypothesized that having an NO3 ratio in excess of 50% total N will largely negate the urea effect. Basically you're going to have to go full on into a urea formula or risk negative or no positive results; related to the urea effect.

Waaay back at the beginning of this all I related to the fact that my bull lowers its NO3 utilization ability moving into flower. That this was often evidenced by bits of NO3+ and that the urea formula did not do this. I have a pic from one bull at about 4 weeks (with the new low NH4 urea formula) and you can see the classic "nitrate" related effects with my bull.
View attachment 544198
Negatives in this pic from Nitrate.
-Note the smaller topmost leaves and are thin.
-Note the NO3+ clawing on the newest growth signaling borderline toxicity.
-Note narrower and elongated / stretched top cola.
-Note while darker green; the leaves are not overly shiny.

I'll continue this formula until there are enough specimens to develop an average basis from; however I fully expect a decent drop in yield / form and structure from this formula as compared to the previous. It is still early to tell for sure, but I believe these will be a bit "gapped" in the top sections and rather narrow in form. I.e. more what you would have typically expected to occur with higher urea levels not higher nitrate.

One other final note I hadn't pointed out as a possible positive with the Urea formula. As far as "trim" leaves (fully crystalized); my bull would typically average 5-7 grams of trim per plant with NO3. However, with urea it has only been 2-3 grams. I notice with the new lower NH4 formula, again there are going to be significantly more leaves. Comparison there cannot be made until several are done.
Last but not least. I need to get some pics up of the new stuff that's coming along too. hopefully that will come shortly. Due to space constraints I've had to keep things as small as possible so far.

In the "bean run" you were using different seeds of bullrider? or clones of the bullrider mother? cool test to be doing... It is good you give a blind smoke test with your testers.

Last edited:
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Anybody ever take a mouth swab and passed when it is sent out to a diagnostics center? Pray for me. Took it today, smoked early morning yesterday.

shemshemet

shemshemet

@Stumpy420

...shiiittt....

Did not mean to make light of your situation man. I don't know about oral swabs. I think if it is a method they use it'll probably get you for at least a couple days.

For a job or court?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

@Stumpy420

...shiiittt....

Did not mean to make light of your situation man. I don't know about oral swabs. I think if it is a method they use it'll probably get you for at least a couple days.

For a job or court?
Job. They used to do it on spot. 2 years ago I failed cause I smoked the night before. Lol nah its ok dude I'm a joker myself sometimes. It took me by surprise that they were sending it off.

I'm here looking at my girl 3 and a half weeks in and I'm finally starting to see a Lil bit of trichrome action. This is taking so long! Good thing I'm in my fastest way of growing I know how to do!

shemshemet

shemshemet

Good spirits and vibes...I bet you'll be fine!

Talk about taking long? I just harvested my room at about 10-12 weeks. My mangobiche is just starting to trich up...I wasn't hopeful at first but as the trichs show up there is some serious funk going on

Edit: shes probably about a 20 week flowerer

shemshemet

shemshemet

Never grown anything like this before. Was discouraging at first when the room started getting loud and she has no smell/trichs. Now some trichs are forming and I can get a sneak peek by rubbing them.

I understand it's long flowering, but didn't realize there would be a delay in the trichomes development...

Really really eager to see her finish.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Stumpy420
This is from www.theweedblog.com ..I actually really like the site, there iss always new info about all aspects and happenings in the cannabis commnity

-Excerpt starting-
Detection in saliva tests begins almost immediately after smoking and can be detected in the system for 12-24 hours after use. Compare this to other common drugs:

Marijuana and hash: 12-24 hours

Cocaine: 1 day
Opiates: Up to 2-3 days
Meth and ecstasy: Up to 2 to 4 days.
Alcohol: 6-12 hours

Wow! A drug test that is easier for weed smokers to pass then it is for a meth addict!

-Excerpt done-.

So it seems like you should be good, I had never even heard of this typa test but then again I am only familiar with State and Federal drug test and they don't fuck around and give you this fly by rinky dink test! My last P.O. would pull up a chair and sit facing my dick ( so my dick was at the same height of his face) and watched my pee every last drop! I think the sick fucker enjoyed it! So many times I just wanted to slap his face with my dick and say STOP STARING!!! hahahahaha...Anyway hope it helps

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I am only familiar with State and Federal drug test and they don't fuck around and give you this fly by rinky dink test! My last P.O. would pull up a chair and sit facing my dick ( so my dick was at the same height of his face) and watched my pee every last drop! I think the sick fucker enjoyed it!
Last year I had to take a bunch for family court for the kids. $2 dipstick test they charged 12 dollars for, but the cabinet paid for mine cause I was low income. I passed every one but the one that mattered, the first one. Lol did it right this year though passed the first one now I don't have to test. But jobs are a different story. I'm sad to say I had to apply at amazon.Com fulfillment center. I know I will hate the job but I needed something fast, bad. Cable is off now lol. We should be good on the other bills though... time to get these kids faces off the damn screens.
Thanks @Lazerus00 I figured I would be alright I brush teeth regularly too and used some mint strip to get the saliva flowing. Thought it might help since the last time it was like I had cottonmouth.

Power OG

Power OG

Well id say my 1st time amending coco Clackamas coots style was 100% successful, this run was WATER ONLY , only additives were osa28silica, slf100 , Grokashi , ful power, OGSpecialSauce. Im definitely moving to a more self sustainable organic way of growing. Here's a pic of ONYCD aka Original NYC Diesel water only in recycled organic living coco, no bottled fertz,no pesticides , chop chop today.
20151020 105154
Positive Vibes & Respect

way2green

way2green

@Stumpy420
This is from www.theweedblog.com ..I actually really like the site, there iss always new info about all aspects and happenings in the cannabis commnity

-Excerpt starting-
Detection in saliva tests begins almost immediately after smoking and can be detected in the system for 12-24 hours after use. Compare this to other common drugs:

Marijuana and hash: 12-24 hours

Cocaine: 1 day
Opiates: Up to 2-3 days
Meth and ecstasy: Up to 2 to 4 days.
Alcohol: 6-12 hours

Wow! A drug test that is easier for weed smokers to pass then it is for a meth addict!

-Excerpt done-.

So it seems like you should be good, I had never even heard of this typa test but then again I am only familiar with State and Federal drug test and they don't fuck around and give you this fly by rinky dink test! My last P.O. would pull up a chair and sit facing my dick ( so my dick was at the same height of his face) and watched my pee every last drop! I think the sick fucker enjoyed it! So many times I just wanted to slap his face with my dick and say STOP STARING!!! hahahahaha...Anyway hope it helps
My p.o. used to ask me if I was clean or dirty......he always botched about the paper work an said u come see me in a couple days when u know ur clean...............lol.....I sold him dope in high school

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

My p.o. used to ask me if I was clean or dirty......he always botched about the paper work an said u come see me in a couple days when u know ur clean...............lol.....I sold him dope in high school
Yea, cool shit like that dosen't happen to me! I just don't have that typa luck! I'm more of get that P.O. whos questionably aged daughter I fucked and never called the month before...lol

Top Bottom