• Tagged users None
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Okay. Can do man. Can do : )

Thanks for the advice brotha :)

Hows the breeding going?

Making the seed companies and breeders out there look bad one male at a time?
I'm popping a ton of seas gear today just got a ride a bus to get my car and pick up some dirt. Shits weak because it's cold but hey beats a dui any day I'll keep everyone posted on how they turn out

Pimp T

Pimp T

A Little Forum Cookie Bottom Nug
IMG 20151222 165339

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Okay. Can do man. Can do : )

Thanks for the advice brotha :)

Hows the breeding going?

Making the seed companies and breeders out there look bad one male at a time?

I'm not that special... yet...

But I've popped some of SG's Mendo Purps beans for the solstice while I'm waiting on my catpiss bx1's to be created.
I have the rare dankness cut of Grape Ape (mom of RD#1 & Grape Ox) I intend to hit, as well as my GroundPounder. In addition I'll toss in a Glue and pick a Purps female to make more of the Mendo Purps seeds...
After that I'm considering seeing what I can find in a pack of Bodhi's Roadkill Unicorn to see if I can find the right type of funk to hit with a Catpiss bx3-4 male as I get closer to that point...

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

ahhhh finally caught up everyone has been killin it. my 3 monster cropped clones in flower aren't very monstery. maybe I didn't veg them long enough. I definitely didn't do any training lol. some goofy looking plants I'll tell ya.

I'm still playing the waiting game for my big check. anyone familiar with how long a life insurance check should take to get here? I would be happy if it came before the first of the year. I'm ready to be getting moving so I can set up a new grow.

so I've been looking into led, and I'm thinking I'm going to just go with the tried and true mh veg hps flower. I'm thinking 400 mh 600 hps. I think it might be easier to do a perpetual with those.. I'm thinking that unless someone can tell me a clear cut best led light, I'll just go mh/hps

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@lemons
You've got the job

@jumpincactus
When we going to Pecos?
Mhhhhh that is an intriguing question bro. Only Pecos I know is down the street from Mariners SDtadium. Best BBQ brisket and pulled pork in Seattle. I order mine spiked. :cool: Only the locals know that trick. Is that what your talkin bout. :smoking:

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

ahhhh finally caught up everyone has been killin it. my 3 monster cropped clones in flower aren't very monstery. maybe I didn't veg them long enough. I definitely didn't do any training lol. some goofy looking plants I'll tell ya.

I'm still playing the waiting game for my big check. anyone familiar with how long a life insurance check should take to get here? I would be happy if it came before the first of the year. I'm ready to be getting moving so I can set up a new grow.

so I've been looking into led, and I'm thinking I'm going to just go with the tried and true mh veg hps flower. I'm thinking 400 mh 600 hps. I think it might be easier to do a perpetual with those.. I'm thinking that unless someone can tell me a clear cut best led light, I'll just go mh/hps
Have u looked in to 315 lec stumpy . Cause with what ur describing 1 315 would do all that . Then again if ur set on led the Mars reflector series would give u a few options . The largest I think is 190 witch would also do both veg and flower or get 2 of the 144 and really rock it out .

MGRox

MGRox

Ok guys. I'm finally going to bring across one of the papers that explains partially why I'm seeing "effects" with the various urea formulas tested.
-NOTE: this is just one piece of the puzzle, not at all the whole reasoning. However this is a definitive component.
-Note 2: remember that I've commented before (from another paper) of an interaction between Ammonium and Calcium. So that component is not new or under investigation.

Paper -- http://extensionenespanol.net/pubs/l5212.pdf
"When urea, anhydrous ammonia or diammonium phosphate is banded into the soil, an equivalent amount of calcium is precipitated."
"When extra soluble calcium is applied with the fertilizer it lowers the pH of the fertilizer band, thus reducing its toxicity. If calcium is applied beyond precipitation requirements, it stimulates ammonium absorption by plants. Adding supplemental calcium has increased the rate at which plants absorb ammonium by as much as 100 percent. As some of the ammonium is changed to nitrate, the previously precipitated calcium is gradually resolubilized, adding to the available soluble calcium concentrations that increase yield."

"The increased ammonium absorption caused by calcium has interesting results.
--Photosynthesis increases (Fig. 1),
--and greater amounts of carbon dioxide are captured by the plant from the air, which increases the plant’s organic building blocks (Fig. 2).
--When plants absorb more ammonium, less nitrogen remains in the soil and is subject to leaching.
--Also, surplus nitrogen absorbed by plants is stored and is available to promote growth all season."
"--Perhaps the most beneficial effect of applying calcium with ammonium is that plants change their normal pattern of depositing energy stores (carbohydrates, metabolites)
^^^
"rice plants had progressively lower leaf weight and progressively higher grain weight as calcium levels increased. This increase continued with all calcium concentrations" "This same observation was made with beets, onions,wheat, oats and barley.
"The weight of the entire plant, however, did not increase as much as the bulb, whichmeans that calcium causes the carbonaceous compounds to be deposited disproportionately in the bulbs."

Research has shown that the optimum amount of calcium to apply is 1/2 to 1 pound of calcium chloride per 1 pound of urea (Fig. 6). This rate increases yields from 14 to 50 percent. However, the precise amount of calcium needed is hard to fix because when the plant absorbs ammonium it releases an equivalent amount of hydrogen. This hydrogen in turn solubilizes the precipitated lime (calcium carbonate), if present. Urea applied in a band will precipitate calcium even in an acid soil.

Figures from the paper:
Fig 1:
Urea   Ca photo increase

Fig 2:
Urea   Ca yield increase

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This matches effects I've seen with increases to yield, greater bud development and lowering of trim leaf. I've noted a lowering of trim leaf by as much as 40% compared to Nitrate. They note increases in yield of 14 - 50%; though I've only seen ranges of 10-35% increase.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Have u looked in to 315 lec stumpy . Cause with what ur describing 1 315 would do all that . Then again if ur set on led the Mars reflector series would give u a few options . The largest I think is 190 witch would also do both veg and flower or get 2 of the 144 and really rock it out .
is it 315 lec or led. I would like to use led to lower electric costs. if the option wasn't there I wouldn't think about it but, the penny pincher in me is screaming "save money in the long haul!" I'd like to harvest at least 3-4 oz every 2 weeks. I know it's doable. it's not an extreme goal.

right now I'd only be able to do 3 oz every 4-5 weeks just because of how small my space is. I'd only be able to flower 2 at a time

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Okay so here another question that come to mind as my brain is just thinking about growing 100% of the time...So you know how it is suggested (while growing with MH/HPS) to leave in your MH bulb for the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks of flower, to help contain "the stretch" and also help resin & trich production? Well what if you had a hood that had both a 1k MH lamp AND a 1k HPS lamp in it?? Would you till want to remove that HPS for the first and last 2 weeks? Or will it accomplish the same "goal" by having both lamps and both spectrums going??? Any information is always greatly appreciated! Thanks Y'all!!!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

@Lazerus00 I think someone makes a hood like that where you have mh and hps in one hood. if not you could use a convertible mh bulb on a double bulb hps hood. I think it would be better to just keep them both in the entire time. it would be best to give it the extra uva and uvb through the entire process I would imagine.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Ok guys. I'm finally going to bring across one of the papers that explains partially why I'm seeing "effects" with the various urea formulas tested.
-NOTE: this is just one piece of the puzzle, not at all the whole reasoning. However this is a definitive component.
-Note 2: remember that I've commented before (from another paper) of an interaction between Ammonium and Calcium. So that component is not new or under investigation.

Paper -- http://extensionenespanol.net/pubs/l5212.pdf
"When urea, anhydrous ammonia or diammonium phosphate is banded into the soil, an equivalent amount of calcium is precipitated."
"When extra soluble calcium is applied with the fertilizer it lowers the pH of the fertilizer band, thus reducing its toxicity. If calcium is applied beyond precipitation requirements, it stimulates ammonium absorption by plants. Adding supplemental calcium has increased the rate at which plants absorb ammonium by as much as 100 percent. As some of the ammonium is changed to nitrate, the previously precipitated calcium is gradually resolubilized, adding to the available soluble calcium concentrations that increase yield."

"The increased ammonium absorption caused by calcium has interesting results.
--Photosynthesis increases (Fig. 1),
--and greater amounts of carbon dioxide are captured by the plant from the air, which increases the plant’s organic building blocks (Fig. 2).
--When plants absorb more ammonium, less nitrogen remains in the soil and is subject to leaching.
--Also, surplus nitrogen absorbed by plants is stored and is available to promote growth all season."
"--Perhaps the most beneficial effect of applying calcium with ammonium is that plants change their normal pattern of depositing energy stores (carbohydrates, metabolites)
^^^
"rice plants had progressively lower leaf weight and progressively higher grain weight as calcium levels increased. This increase continued with all calcium concentrations" "This same observation was made with beets, onions,wheat, oats and barley.
"The weight of the entire plant, however, did not increase as much as the bulb, whichmeans that calcium causes the carbonaceous compounds to be deposited disproportionately in the bulbs."

Research has shown that the optimum amount of calcium to apply is 1/2 to 1 pound of calcium chloride per 1 pound of urea (Fig. 6). This rate increases yields from 14 to 50 percent. However, the precise amount of calcium needed is hard to fix because when the plant absorbs ammonium it releases an equivalent amount of hydrogen. This hydrogen in turn solubilizes the precipitated lime (calcium carbonate), if present. Urea applied in a band will precipitate calcium even in an acid soil.

Figures from the paper:
Fig 1:
View attachment 558780

Fig 2:
View attachment 558781
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This matches effects I've seen with increases to yield, greater bud development and lowering of trim leaf. I've noted a lowering of trim leaf by as much as 40% compared to Nitrate. They note increases in yield of 14 - 50%; though I've only seen ranges of 10-35% increase.
nice work and findings. constant fine tuning and research. love it dude.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Lazerus00 I think someone makes a hood like that where you have mh and hps in one hood. if not you could use a convertible mh bulb on a double bulb hps hood. I think it would be better to just keep them both in the entire time. it would be best to give it the extra uva and uvb through the entire process I would imagine.
lol i know they make the hood...that why i was talking about it, I just wasnt sure if all MH for the first and last 2 weeks would still be better or not....but thanks homey

Top Bottom