Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I'm going to worms way to spend a small bit of money on some new toys.. give me some more ideas besides a microscope lol

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey so listen to how weird this is. So about a week before my girls went into flower (which they've been in for 28 days) I took out 3 males and put them in my garage which is not currently in use with a car. Just this morning I went in there to grab something and noticed that the plants look alive and happy! Just as good as if they were under a light!?!? How is this even possible?!? It's been a month!

lemons

lemons

Hey so listen to how weird this is. So about a week before my girls went into flower (which they've been in for 28 days) I took out 3 males and put them in my garage which is not currently in use with a car. Just this morning I went in there to grab something and noticed that the plants look alive and happy! Just as good as if they were under a light!?!? How is this even possible?!? It's been a month!

I believe males require a little less attention to grow. I had one survive for the longest time in a room with a half open window.

shemshemet

shemshemet

I had 3 plants, all siblings. Turned out two were female and one was likely male. So I just put the male in the corner of the room. The plants were underfed, I missed the mark in timing. But the male in the corner stayed nice and green and healthy. Didn't grow much, just stayed the same

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

I had a male in an empty tent that survived off of window light while flowering for over a month. It did eventually start to lose its flowers and many did not open and died shortly after their appearance. My guess is that the cost of reproduction of a cannabis plant is higher in females than in males. Dudes throw little thin flower branches and stamen that can spread pollen easily through the breeze, but females flowers take a long time and energy to develop clusters that could yield mature seeds- and the chance to continue the cycle.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

ok so my plants are only 3 weeks into flower and with my new microscope I found out that the trichomes are 99% cloudy. I found a couple clear ones so I know what cleat looks like.. definitely don't have any weight on them yet. they are clones taken in flower so could that be a factor? I just know there is absolutely no way I'm chopping them yet. why would they be cloudy by week 3?

Junk

Junk

It depends on your size of enclosed airspace... I had a touch of mold where my plants were too big and pressed hard to the plastic, so I upgraded again... I now have 3 120mm fans and 2 ≈ 120mm holes for fresh air intake. Everything is filtered by standard HVAC air handler filters with a Micro Particle Performance Rating @ 1000 MPR... I beefed up the foam rubber gasket as the old one was thin and tore a lil easy, and the pins you see are drilled through the plastic rims and stab dead center through the gasket keeping everything in place... you can knock the side of it and it all moves as one piece never breaking the gasket seal....

View attachment 559601 View attachment 559603 View attachment 559604 View attachment 559605 View attachment 559606

fans get wired in parallels, not series... the A/C adapter must match voltage and exceed the amperage draw.

I originally picked a 12v 1500ma(1.5A) adapter for one fan @ 12v 200ma... I now have 3 fans using 12v and pulling a total of ≈ 600ma... therefore, I could double to 6 fans and my adapter would still work....
Do you keep that in the same room as the ladies even if they are flowering? Or do you take that box out just to be safe?

It's a neat little rig. I think I'll probably copy it.

It looks like you just operate it under whatever light is in the room? (Meaning there is no light source inside the rig) Do you think it has a significant effect on light penetration? The plants inside seem to be doing well, but you see them day to day to compare.... I was wondering if they grow slower because it's not totally translucent...?

& what is the tube in the 3d pic? Sorry for all the q's....

Junk

Junk

ok so my plants are only 3 weeks into flower and with my new microscope I found out that the trichomes are 99% cloudy. I found a couple clear ones so I know what cleat looks like.. definitely don't have any weight on them yet. they are clones taken in flower so could that be a factor? I just know there is absolutely no way I'm chopping them yet. why would they be cloudy by week 3?

Maybe you found a new 3 week flowering strain!!!

What magnification are you looking under? & are you looking at the heads? The stalks aren't as important.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

They could just been a little runted and sending mixed signals. With flowering clones those could be old trichomes that are decaying from when it was initially flowered. Another idea is that perhaps it's just slow to flower and as more calyx form, with them will come fresh young trichs and they form layers of old and new trichs like an onion.

I'd decide when to chop by bud fullness (bubbly calyxes) in this case rather than trichome development personally.

Junk

Junk

I had a male in an empty tent that survived off of window light while flowering for over a month. It did eventually start to lose its flowers and many did not open and died shortly after their appearance. My guess is that the cost of reproduction of a cannabis plant is higher in females than in males. Dudes throw little thin flower branches and stamen that can spread pollen easily through the breeze, but females flowers take a long time and energy to develop clusters that could yield mature seeds- and the chance to continue the cycle.
We are also forcing the females to work harder by making sure they don't get pollinated, but yeah, the baby carriers usually deal with the brunt of reproductive load...

Not terribly unlike humans lol.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Junk @CBDEMON @shemshemet @lemons

No, the plants were not left in a room with ANY light it was pitch dark for 30 days!!! On top of that is has been rediculously cold and my garage is not insulated in the least..i mean there is no wind but temps in there and outside are basically the same

Junk

Junk

Gonna get real nasty in there
Do you mean nasty good, or nasty bad? The insulation is what has me asking what you mean by that....I don't know if you mean that the humidity will cause some nasty stuff...

I like the built in passive heat exhaust from the angled ceiling. That design will allow for a lot of natural (convection) heat escape.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Do you mean nasty good, or nasty bad? The insulation is what has me asking what you mean by that....I don't know if you mean that the humidity will cause some nasty stuff...

I like the built in passive heat exhaust from the angled ceiling. That design will allow for a lot of natural (convection) heat escape.
good spotting im actually closing off the roof from the grow room so it acts like a heat sink . this is cleared by a 8' and 6' hyper fans with charcoal filters the room and tents will all vent into roof cavity and cleared by the hypers out a pot belly 10' flue . humidity is not an issue here . low humidty is .the beams running across the room are the roof of the room height 9.2ft cheers

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

first run of goodies getting ready .
IMG 1612   Copy

dream lucky from master thia
candy diesel from thc develop
pantie dropper from snow
bb xsg from reeferman
black lab from crunch
and thunder eggs from me

MGRox

MGRox

quick pic of the last GTH run I did. This was ran when I was testing the modified formula and has been hanging since then. Just remembered to do something with it finally.
This was the last run I did of it (got a pack though to do again) as I cannot treat it optimally. It is an 18 week pheno and since I physically move all plants each week; they always have to sit in a corner for the last 7 weeks sigh. Plus I don't get the opportunity to switch formulas at the right times. Hate to give it up as it's a very unique flavor / buzz; hopefully I'll find a keeper later in the pack. Anyhoo....

GTH 18 week pheno (modified urea formula)
GTHnau

Top Bottom