Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

do you just angle cut them?

I always make small knicks in the stem and peel the bottom quarter inch like string cheese....

I also cannot stress enough that not all cuts are equal and you should only clone from good looking strong branches... not larf.
the ones that are like larf are the healthiest one left.. I don't have any clean, new razors I usually do shave the tips. I just totally bombed this round of clones. I will keep them unless they die though . there goes my success rate lol

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Okay so since I had lost some seedlings to that fucking damping off, I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone and clear out some of the beans that I only have 2 or 3 left of and also get my plant count up a bit! So the count goes:
5 of Sosers test beans Alien Cush (super excited one of the plants is 3 inches tall and fucking STINKS)
3 of the last of my Buckeye Purple and hopefully I find a decent mom outta them
3 of another set of tester from Doc D that are Doc Holiday crossed with Head Banger
3 Animal Octane from Seed Junky
3 Sour Bubble from BOG but so far only 2 of the beans popped and I'm not sure the last one will crack
and lastly
2 Blue Power of which only 1 bean crack and again not super confident the last one will get going...

Hopefully if I get those last 2 beans to do their thang then I will have quite the selection of plants going! I'm shooting for straight trike dripping, nose pleasing, tongue dancing, rock hard super funk buds!!! Not too much to ask for, right?...lol...Wish me luck brothers!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey guys, so I got a question....This is the first time that I mixed my own soil from scratch using Pro-Mix BX and I have mixed it with my soil cut (amendments) and rice hulls for aeration and set it to "cook" a lil over a week ago. Since my last two runs have been completely organic I haven't had to use my pH pen once but after perusing another thread and hearing someone complain about their Pro-Mix HP having a super low pH and having to flush it a bunch. Well I feel stupid bc I did not check the pH at all before mixing in all the amendments and shit and now I am afraid I have a bunch of soil that is really acidic but I won't really know until I go check it tomorrow. I guess my question is if when I do check happens to be really acidic or heavy the other way on the scale will flushing the soil of its salts mess with the amendments I mixed in the soil for food??? Did I mess up? Should you just always flush your Pro-Mix first thing before you mix and amendments?? Also what is the best way to flush a new bale of Pro-Mix? I mean the easiest way without making a mess? I'm assuming to just put batches in a 5 gal bucket with holes on the bottom and run 5-10 gallons of clean water thru...maybe a lil SLF-100?? As always any and all information is greatly appreciated!!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I love organic cannabis

MGRox

MGRox

@Stumpy420 the brown could be a cyanobacteria. It may be good to sterilize all the components with your cut area. You can do a peroxide / water dip with the cut stems if you like too. Hope they turn out for you.

@Lazerus00 I wouldn't recommend flushing new pro-mix. Most of the salts that are in there are going to be Ca or Mg. no point in flushing that out. usually pro-mix starts around 6.3 (bit high for soiless, bit low for soil).

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

@Stumpy420 the brown could be a cyanobacteria. It may be good to sterilize all the components with your cut area. You can do a peroxide / water dip with the cut stems if you like too. Hope they turn out for you.

@Lazerus00 I wouldn't recommend flushing new pro-mix. Most of the salts that are in there are going to be Ca or Mg. no point in flushing that out. usually pro-mix starts around 6.3 (bit high for soiless, bit low for soil).
like I said though if I have to throw all away I will mom's are boisterous.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

ok so one thing that I have learned with running soil til we get in the new house, is the lift the pot method. I know it's beginners shit but if yall remember when I ran soil before dwc last year it was abysmal. literally overwatered their entire life with fungus gnats and even mushrooms grew on the top of my soil. running soil after dwc I focused specifically on overwatering, and learning the "dry droop." the 3 small plants in 1 gallon got harvested 60 grams. the current girl in flower has a large, spread out canopy and I'm looking at a bigger harvest than the dwc plant I last ran, which was about 3 oz. Looking at a bigger harvest, on my first good sized plant, in soil, feels good. I'm really starting to see the benefits of really training your plants and making an even canopy. I'm ready to pick up that tent I got on hold and build a scrog frame. whoop whoop bigger harvests await!

shemshemet

shemshemet

Oh good, so I didn't fuck it up....You think I should just flush as i pot or flush ALL the medium before starting to use it?

I think he meant just let it sit, with some moisture, for a couple weeks.

The pH really shouldn't be an issue, especially after adding amendments. Or I should say depending on the added amendments...

If you used a known recipe, you'll be just fine.

I actually have (towards the ends of certain grows) high pH problems (hard water?) and I grow in promix.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I think he meant just let it sit, with some moisture, for a couple weeks.

The pH really shouldn't be an issue, especially after adding amendments. Or I should say depending on the added amendments...

If you used a known recipe, you'll be just fine.

I actually have (towards the ends of certain grows) high pH problems (hard water?) and I grow in promix.
thank you hombre

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey guys, any one familiar with these "flip boxes"?

PowerBox 702975 OG Flipbox Light Switching Module

Says I can run 2 lights off of one ballast so I don't have to buy a 2nd ballast. Since I have my new 2 lamp hood, could I use this to power both lamps so I don't have to buy a 2nd 1k ballast??? I am a little confused about how it makes it not ave a 12/12 foot print by switching the lights....i just can't picture it in my head so I'm a little lost.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

dunno... I get the 12/12 deal on em... 2 alternating 12's... 2 tents or whatever...
when one goes off, the other comes on
but they seem useless in veg... in fact, you'd still need that second ballast in that situation to veg anyways unless I'm missing something

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

dunno... I get the 12/12 deal on em... 2 alternating 12's... 2 tents or whatever...
when one goes off, the other comes on
but they seem useless in veg... in fact, you'd still need that second ballast in that situation to veg anyways unless I'm missing something
So this is for 2 lights in 2 diff rooms?? I thought it said something about 2 lights in 1 room, unless I can do that, its useless to mee

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

• Use Flipboxes to DOUBLE PRODUCTION by completing TWO 12-hour flowering cycles in each 24-hour day
  • CUT EQUIPMENT COSTS BY HALF. Since a Flipbox allows a ballast to run two lights, you only need to purchase half the number of ballasts
  • INCREASE YIELD. By hanging two lights per ballast in a single garden, and then switching back and forth between lights periodically
  • By using Flipboxes, it avoids a 12-hour on/off usage footprint; instead have a smooth electrical profile where power is flowing continuously
  • Link up to 20 individual Flipboxes together and use a single timer to flip them all at once

sounds like you can do that as well... hang both in one area and alternate between them...
my initial thoughts are that sounds bad for bulb life

what I dont get is the "avoids a 12-hour on/off usage footprint; instead have a smooth electrical profile where power is flowing continuously" .... I mean the plants are on 12/12.... why draw power constantly?

sounds like its either/or....
either put 2 lights together and swap once an hour or some shit
or run 2 spaces and flip a day 12/12 and then a night 12/12 giving you the continuous draw as opposed to 12 hour cycles.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

• Use Flipboxes to DOUBLE PRODUCTION by completing TWO 12-hour flowering cycles in each 24-hour day
  • CUT EQUIPMENT COSTS BY HALF. Since a Flipbox allows a ballast to run two lights, you only need to purchase half the number of ballasts
  • INCREASE YIELD. By hanging two lights per ballast in a single garden, and then switching back and forth between lights periodically
  • By using Flipboxes, it avoids a 12-hour on/off usage footprint; instead have a smooth electrical profile where power is flowing continuously
  • Link up to 20 individual Flipboxes together and use a single timer to flip them all at once
sounds like you can do that as well... hang both in one area and alternate between them...
my initial thoughts are that sounds bad for bulb life

what I dont get is the "avoids a 12-hour on/off usage footprint; instead have a smooth electrical profile where power is flowing continuously" .... I mean the plants are on 12/12.... why draw power constantly?

sounds like its either/or....
either put 2 lights together and swap once an hour or some shit
or run 2 spaces and flip a day 12/12 and then a night 12/12 giving you the continuous draw as opposed to 12 hour cycles.
oh...okay...i guess.....So if I used this and was running my hood with 2 lamps, only 1 lamp would be on at a time? Like 1 bulb for 3-4hrs then the next for 3-4hrs.....or just one for 6 and the other for six.....but using it this way will not wipe out you 12/12 foot print bc it would still just be on for 12....Unless there was some other unusual light schedule that...nope I can't think of one.....Thanks for the info, still a little confused but you deff helped clear it up a lil, thanks for the help buddy

Top Bottom