Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drewski85

drewski85

i figured i would jump on the coco bandwagon and ordered this:
IMG 20160316 132902
was this a good buy? does it need to be rinsed for built up salts? im a complete noob when it comes to coco coir.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

i figured i would jump on the coco bandwagon and ordered this:View attachment 582500 was this a good buy? does it need to be rinsed for built up salts? im a complete noob when it comes to coco coir.
I don't use coco but am eager to see what you think...your coming from soil, right?? Also I do know I have both heard lot of people and read that basically all coco should be rinsed there is only 1 or 2 brands i think that people say they don't rinse....could be wrong but pretty sure im not....Lemme know how it goes!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey, am I right in thinking that lots of stress to young plants in veg could in turn cause them to herm in flower?? My kids have been thru so much I feel like and hopefully they will not be stressed ANYMORE but I am just curious to know if I should be looking EXTRA hard for balls...

drewski85

drewski85

yea, ive only used soil mixes. im going to start a few tomatoes with it 1st and see how they respond as compared to the soil mix im used to using
I don't use coco but am eager to see what you think...your coming from soil, right?? Also I do know I have both heard lot of people and read that basically all coco should be rinsed there is only 1 or 2 brands i think that people say they don't rinse....could be wrong but pretty sure im not....Lemme know how it goes!!

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

BaS soil? Out the bag? If so garbage. Two runs with it and I'm actually going to ask for my money back or credit. Hope they fix their expensive ass shitty soil. Their website shows the test. Shows how shitty it is. They posted the proof. Dumbasses

damn... that site is looking worse than before....
"handcrafted artisan soil"
"charged with COOTS ?style? of nutrients and minerals"
"We make no claim to the NPK value of our products however we do promise to only carry the cleanest and purest products available to us"

lolwut

love the soil test.... short on almost everything except a 1.5 time excess of potassium.... probably for the organic material and I assume a clay heavy base... 600lbs of salt/acre sounds a bit high to me no matter where you are... thats the extreme high end of barely acceptable.... in addition to having some very helpful trace elements not show up on test day...

i hear ya and believe me i wont do it again but how do i fix it now? just wait it out or put it in a seedling mix now? orrr?
also could tthis cause the crazy slow growth?

slow growth beats no growth... I'd leave it alone before you go shocking a already stressed plant...

ALSO... there are big landscape centers near you, I promise... shipping soil is foolish in my opinion...

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

damn... that site is looking worse than before....
"handcrafted artisan soil"
"charged with COOTS ?style? of nutrients and minerals"
"We make no claim to the NPK value of our products however we do promise to only carry the cleanest and purest products available to us"

lolwut

love the soil test.... short on almost everything except a 1.5 time excess of potassium.... probably for the organic material and I assume a clay heavy base... 600lbs of salt/acre sounds a bit high to me no matter where you are... thats the extreme high end of barely acceptable.... in addition to having some very helpful trace elements not show up on test day...

slow growth beats no growth... I'd leave it alone before you go shocking a already stressed plant...

ALSO... there are big landscape centers near you, I promise... shipping soil is foolish in my opinion...
it was something to try bc i did not have the money to buy all the nutes and minerals individually....i mixed my first batch of soil a month ago and from now on will be mixing my own....i will say thou that i really like them over at bas. that have some stuff i personally cant find anywhere else and out of the 5 bags of soil i got 4 of them made my plants happy as could be...im not saying its okay that only 4 out of 5 were good but if you are in a time/money pinch its nice to have that option....but thank you

Pimp T

Pimp T

I found that any bricked coco or coco period besides coco loco canna coco charcoir and a couple others needs rinsing but i think that brand should be good I think I saw it was triple washed. coco is the shit u can multi feed daily and not overwater to get them really bulked up. keep your ppms and ph on point and never give it plain water unless your doin the final flush and you'll be good. I'm goin back to coco beds next round @drewski85

Last edited:
Pimp T

Pimp T

hahaha it use to be a big deal but then I got numb to it after tossing whole runs at least 20 times because I hated walking in to a unperfect room @Lazerus00

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

i figured i would jump on the coco bandwagon and ordered this:View attachment 582500 was this a good buy? does it need to be rinsed for built up salts? im a complete noob when it comes to coco coir.
Yea man you will want to rinse it just to be sure. I would do a thorough rinsing in warm water then charge it with some cal mag and 1/4 strength nutrients. Then when you need to plant into the coco I would take a handful at a time and squeeze the excess water out of the coco until it is fluffy and damp, not soaked. I think that is where people mess up the most with coco us having it way too wet when planting in it or not having a good root system already. I also like to keep the plants in small containers. Small enough that they need multiple feedings per day come late veg and flower time. Ph to 5.8-6.0 always, and EC is very environment dependent. Just feed light everytime until the plants show that they need more.

shemshemet

shemshemet

it was something to try bc i did not have the money to buy all the nutes and minerals individually....i mixed my first batch of soil a month ago and from now on will be mixing my own....i will say thou that i really like them over at bas. that have some stuff i personally cant find anywhere else and out of the 5 bags of soil i got 4 of them made my plants happy as could be...im not saying its okay that only 4 out of 5 were good but if you are in a time/money pinch its nice to have that option....but thank you

Keep it simple...pro mix, castings, lime(CaCO3)NOT DOLO, rock dust (any sort).

Don't need a 16 long ingredient list...but now add your meals:
kelp, bone, blood,
kelp, fish, crustaceon
kelp, crustaceon, guano
kelp, neem, fish bone

My main point is keep it simple. You need the top ingredients, and a combination of at least 3 bottom ingredients.
Going more than that in my opinion is getting fancy. Especially just to get your feet wet!

But screw the soil and soil list.Really if you want to try organics, start up a worm bin. These castings are where you will get absolutely fantastic results. Regardless of your ingredient list.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

kelp, bone, blood,
kelp, fish, crustaceon
kelp, crustaceon, guano
kelp, neem, fish bone

My main point is keep it simple. You need the top ingredients, and a combination of at least 3 bottom ingredients.
Going more than that in my opinion is getting fancy. Especially just to get your feet wet!

But screw the soil and soil list.Really if you want to try organics, start up a worm bin. These castings are where you will get absolutely fantastic results. Regardless of your ingredient list.
yeah...to make my life easier i have a buddy that makes his own soil cut thats top notch and nice and cheap on my wallet. starting with a batch i mixed up about a month ago from now on i will use this soil cut with Pro-Mix Bx and just rice hulls for seration since im in airpots but well see, if i see i need a lil xtra which i dont think i will i throw a lil lava rock in there....thanks for the tip doe bro!

drewski85

drewski85

thanks for the advice guys. i wasn't sure about mixing it with another medium or what. i would be using organic teas vs. sybthetics ir would i be better off using synthetics? i keep vermicompost and would rather go that route.
I found that any bricked coco or coco period besides coco loco canna coco charcoir and a couple others needs rinsing but i think that brand should be good I think I saw it was triple washed. coco is the shit u can multi feed daily and not overwater to get them really bulked up. keep your ppms and ph on point and never give it plain water unless your doin the final flush and you'll be good. I'm goin back to coco beds next round @drewski85

Yea man you will want to rinse it just to be sure. I would do a thorough rinsing in warm water then charge it with some cal mag and 1/4 strength nutrients. Then when you need to plant into the coco I would take a handful at a time and squeeze the excess water out of the coco until it is fluffy and damp, not soaked. I think that is where people mess up the most with coco us having it way too wet when planting in it or not having a good root system already. I also like to keep the plants in small containers. Small enough that they need multiple feedings per day come late veg and flower time. Ph to 5.8-6.0 always, and EC is very environment dependent. Just feed light everytime until the plants show that they need more.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

well, I have had my passing moments with the owner of that joint... hes a decent cat and although the situation was revolving around third parties, quite ridiculous and negative, it did not escalate to personal issues between us... I have myself bought small items through him previously.... my statement was one of fact... you can find what you need near you no matter where you are... to ship soil seems silly... if you're having trouble sourcing amendments, I promise you that you will have a university near you... that university will have an agricultural extension... the people who answer that phone can help you in sourcing amendments

kelp, bone, blood,
kelp, fish, crustaceon
kelp, crustaceon, guano
kelp, neem, fish bone

(your pro-mix has that 16 item long list in there...except in concentrations weaker than my mix, I can assure you of that HAHA)

I dislike guanos as the harvesting can be detrimental to the locale and any benefits it has can be found cheaper elsewhere....
Also, I sub FISH bone and blood.... regular bone and blood meals are usually just excess mcdonalds cow parts...

That said, I agree entirely... there are simple ways to get by... just look at this list:

Potting Mixes for Certified Organic Production
https://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/viewhtml.php?id=47

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey @BlackSheepOG ...so i got almost all the stuff picked up except for 2-3 items that wont be in until Friday. Now that I have the metal 2 gang handy boxes at home i think i am going to return them for a diff style. since i am NOT installing the sub panel or gang boxes in my wall so that they are flush, the boxs seem too bulky...like the long piece of metal that is on one side to attach to a stud, ya know? instead i want an enclosed box so that when i put the face plate on it is smooth on all sides. The reason i wanna try and do this is so instead of attaching the gang boxes onto the plywood like NattyTherapy did I want to run like 5-10ft of wire for each one so they either sit on the floor or a low table or box orrrr if i get another 25ft roll of the 12/3 or 10/3 (not sure which one runs from panel to gang boxes) I really would like to run the wire up the wall and accross the ceiling so that they are hanging from the ceiling right in the area i need them..does that make sense? do people do that? is it safe?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Anyone ever hear of Bokashi repairing or fixing over fertilized soil?? Just read it somewhere and not sure if its true...

Junk

Junk

From why I know about it, Cyco (sp?) is a popular one. The places I've gone that use coco, that's the bag I see (cyco). I'm sure you can achieve killer results with any of them....it's just learning how to work em.

Junk

Junk

ok guys so m y seedlings are only 3 1/2" tall, but are already showing their 3rd node. a couple of them stretched up a little more, which the leaves look more sativa like then the rest, slightly slower node development. germinated on March 1 so they are two weeks old. does that sound about normal speed of growth? @SeaF0ur on the seedling that is farthest along in development the internode spacing is super small, like a half of a cm. View attachment 582306

the flower room was damn loud smellin! I think the tent makes it worse, I guess I'm gonna have to get a can fan. p.s. sorry for the shitty pics.View attachment 582307 View attachment 582309

Will this ever fill in?View attachment 582311
Is that the SFxY? Or the Chipper?

When you ask "will this ever fill in?" I don't see what you are asking about. I don't know the plants you are using, but everything looks fine to me. Looks really good actually (although the pic quality may be making them look super frosty)

See how most of your fans in that pic are splayed out, strong, facing the light (If the light is at a different angle, the leaves will try to be perpendicular to it) That is a plant happy in it's current environment.

Nutrient wise, I can't tell if you are flushing and that is yellowing the leaves, or if it's just the pics. But temp and humidity....from the pics, they look happy. I don't know what week you are at, but it looks like you may want to drop the rh soon. Unfortunately, at the end of flower, it's to our advantage if we make the plants a tiny bit unhappy by drying out the atmosphere.

The more I grow, the more I see that, environment is everything in this game. You need the light, the genetics, the right nutes etc...you have to have all that down too; (<proper use of the semicolon) but I feel like that part is easy/cheap enough to buy/learn (improper use of the /). But to run the perfect environment the entire run, man, that's a lot of time, energy, planning, and $. I did well this run...but I had at least 20 days during flower that were hotter than I wanted.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey @BlackSheepOG

I pretty much have everything and am getting started, the last few things like the wire are arriving at my local Home Depot Friday! So I put up two 2x4's and a piece of plywood on the wall to put the box on. I took the new Eaton panel out of the box, took the face off of it and was going to mount it on the plywood when I noticed that I have to somehow (no idea how) punch the holes out myself for the wires and whatever else. This panel has SO many diff size options of holes that I can punch out and I am not sure which to do. When I saw I had to punch the holes I figured it would be smarter or easier to do it before I mount the panel, am I right? I am going over articles and youtube vids now to try and get an idea of which to punch and what size but if you wanna shoot me some info/advice Im all ears.....Also I guess I never thought of it until now but is there going to be a main breaker in this sub panel like there is in my main fuse box? Like I bought the 50amp breaker but I believe that goes in my main fuse box, right? Then the only breakers I have for the new subpanel are one 30amp breaker and five 20amp breakers so I don't know how of which could act as the "main breaker" to shut this subpanel down, if needed. Unless in will not have one in the subpanel and the "main" shut off for the subpanel is just located in my main fuse box....I know I just used a whole lot of "main/s" and I most like confused you bc I don't really know what I am talking about....if you kinda get what i am talking about, god bless, and let me know...Okay i am off to watch vids and read articles on this till my eyes bleed so I can try and understand everything!!!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Should or can I just punch out all the holes since I am not sure how exactly to calculate how many or where i need them? Or is it not good to have a hole punch out that is not going to be used??

basseye

basseye

Dont punch out more holes then your going to use.you dont want mice or even dirt to be able to get in there easily.bro did you even watch that video i linked way back when you first started talking about this? If not go do it,think i posted the 2 most important vids you will need and if you dont understand keep watching untill you do.also look at where the wites come into your main panel and note how they use collars around the wires where they pass through the holes in the panel.those collars are code and you will need to buy some,they are cheap.also note they probably run multiple wires through a single hole in the panel.we usually run 3 wires per hole unless its a bigger gauge like 8/3 or bigger gets its own spot and collar.go watch vids lol

Top Bottom