Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Hey @BlackSheepOG, would you recommend cutting a large amount of fans off this for better penetration? Expose way more tops?
20160510 205142
it's a 31"x31" frame and shit is just packed full of vegetation...

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@Stumpy420 yea man you could thin that out. I wouldn't go to crazy but you can remove anything that's clearly over a bud site. If you're going to flip soon then you can defoliate and flip. I always thin out right before flip and then after stretch I come back and clean up.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
What up everyone!

So I started a new job washing dishes (real exciting work, let me tell you) and it's killing a ton of time. But I also applied with a shit ton of other places as well, one of which being an ex employer. Being busy and wore the hell out most days, I've significantly cut down on the ganja.

Anyways, I've got a potential hair test coming up with that good ol' ex. Wondering if anyone else has done multiple bleach/redyes or relaxations plus bleach and redyes without destroying their hair and still passed? I'm not looking to get all home remedy on this, I'm going straight for the harsh chemicals after reading that they're the only sure fire way to success.

I've got a little bit of time so I'm thinking about stretching these treatments out but I wanted to get your guys input (those who have gone nuclear to pass a hair test). The company hasn't been real clear yet but I used to work for em and it was just a pre-employment UA back then. Their policies have changed though and now require a post offer hair test and I can't keep doing $9.25/hr if there's $17/hr plus benefits on the table, you know? So I'm willing to fry some hair if I gotta to get that foot up. What ya'll think?

One Love,
tobh

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

@BlackSheepOG hey man this is what's going on...
20160512 150747
20160512 150738
20160512 150727

Over feeding? Soil get hot? Nutrient based lockout is what I'm thinking because I always balance ph.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

This is a little better scrog album here..
20160512 160253
20160512 160051
20160512 160035
20160512 155945
that a 250w hps... do I need to lower it a few inches? I'm trying to light a full 3'x3' area, scrog frame is 31"x31". How is my canopy looking? Is there always a couple stragglers that aren't long enough to tuck? Oh and I took off another bunch of leaves trying to make better air flow...

stonestacker

stonestacker

Hey @BlackSheepOG, would you recommend cutting a large amount of fans off this for better penetration? Expose way more tops?View attachment 598923 it's a 31"x31" frame and shit is just packed full of vegetation...
I personally defoliate just before the flip. Lollipop first week of flip. After stretch and right up to chop more defoliating. I like to think about airflow and light penetration.
When I first started growing lots of peeps kept telling me not to defoliate. They are full of shit I hit them hard and often.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@Stumpy420 yea man you could thin that out. I wouldn't go to crazy but you can remove anything that's clearly over a bud site. If you're going to flip soon then you can defoliate and flip. I always thin out right before flip and then after stretch I come back and clean up.

I personally defoliate just before the flip. Lollipop first week of flip. After stretch and right up to chop more defoliating. I like to think about airflow and light penetration.
When I first started growing lots of peeps kept telling me not to defoliate. They are full of shit I hit them hard and often.

Then you do it just like me :)

Junk

Junk

If anyone is looking for a brand new rosin press hit me up. I got one of these (that's mine)

I'll let it go for $300. Never been used lol. It took so long for them to get it to me, and in the meantime a buddy got a full shatter setup. So I just gave all my trim to him.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

So I decided to clone one of my starfighter x yeti 3 girls (found that it was the shorter pheno) but it's pretty late in flower, how do I clean her up to help her revert back to veg?
do i just let her root and revert back without pickin this bud off?

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

So I decided to clone one of my starfighter x yeti 3 girls (found that it was the shorter pheno) but it's pretty late in flower, how do I clean her up to help her revert back to veg?View attachment 600310 do i just let her root and revert back without pickin this bud off?

Just treat it like any other clone. Just is going to take longer is all.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Is that bho? I tried to make some iso hash but it was just out of fan leaves so there wasn't anything to it.

It's qwiso but made with ever clear. I don't care for the taste of ISO made hash. I make all of hash from my trim.

MGRox

MGRox

So, I've been digging into organic info a bit. A couple things strike me as odd.

- Evidently all the organic N from all the different sources are 100% ammonia!? Now in a open soil this wouldn't be an issue. In containers though does anyone monitor the NH4 to NO3 ratio in their organics? If the ferts are mineralized to ammonia too quickly, then it kills off all the nitrifying bacteria.

- Byproducts from mineralization of organics are phytotoxic to roots!!?? Evidently this is primarily why organics and hydro don't mix. Again, In open soil I don't see an issue; though is this an issue with organics and containers?

- Evidently the organic fertilizer components have a big issue with salts (sodium chloride). It seems one brand of XX may be 2.0 EC and another brand of similar XX may be 4.0 EC. Has anyone gone through the various components added and brands to compare the amounts of salt for each food?

Last I guess, The NPK ratings for organics are rated by "First year" availability. Meaning they won't necessarily provide all their N or P or K until one years time. (of course this is same rating for chemical, but it's available instantly.) So then, how does one account for this in an organic container? Does anyone factor in the rate of availability or are there any charts?

Top Bottom