Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
So, I've been digging into organic info a bit. A couple things strike me as odd.

- Evidently all the organic N from all the different sources are 100% ammonia!? Now in a open soil this wouldn't be an issue. In containers though does anyone monitor the NH4 to NO3 ratio in their organics? If the ferts are mineralized to ammonia too quickly, then it kills off all the nitrifying bacteria.

- Byproducts from mineralization of organics are phytotoxic to roots!!?? Evidently this is primarily why organics and hydro don't mix. Again, In open soil I don't see an issue; though is this an issue with organics and containers?

- Evidently the organic fertilizer components have a big issue with salts (sodium chloride). It seems one brand of XX may be 2.0 EC and another brand of similar XX may be 4.0 EC. Has anyone gone through the various components added and brands to compare the amounts of salt for each food?

Last I guess, The NPK ratings for organics are rated by "First year" availability. Meaning they won't necessarily provide all their N or P or K until one years time. (of course this is same rating for chemical, but it's available instantly.) So then, how does one account for this in an organic container? Does anyone factor in the rate of availability or are there any charts?

I grow in containers (3-7 gallon smart pots) and have zero issues. As for toxicity to roots of broken down minerals- soil would exist nowhere if this were a problem, plenty of other biological activity going on to remove any chance of harm.

There is some exploration and elimination work to be done. Yes inputs break down at separate rates but for me only the act of growing keyed me into those factors. Greensand, Bone meal can take some time, likewise fish bone meal so use those accordingly.

Honestly I've never considered any of the questions you posed and have had great results, improving every round, with the recipes you have.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I havent flushed the plants since the over-feeding lock out, just been watering lift the pot method with pH'd (very slightly acidic) tap water left out overnight (160 ppm). There are two plants in there that have not been over fed (that I can account for), but all in common used liquid Kool bloom along with gh flora series and Cal-mag. Everything is turning pale, no necrotic spots showing up anymore. I've watered a good 4 or 5 times since last feeding, watering enough to fill the trays underneath the pots..
1463941140420 1271065032
this last leaf here came off towards the top. My girls are sad! Help!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Dude I was checking my plants around the scrog net and found a hermie with two busted nuts... hope my scrog net plant isn't too fuckers up. The balls were lower than the net (very limited light induced??) and I'm thinking that if anything it would just be blown around underneath. No signs of pistils dying yet. I immediately pulled it out cut it down and tossed it in a kroger bag and threw it away. Garbage!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow this is the first time I have dropped in since the OP stopped coming around. How you guyz doin.

Been working on a less is more approach (plant count) and just flipped my 2 "Bullfighter" galz to flower Sun the 22nd with a solid 14 weeks of veg time. I used the poor mans scrog looks ghetto I know but it will do the trick..... and actually hand tied each runner as they vegged with pipe cleaners to keep canopy structured and even. They are in 25 gall tubs with ROLS and some other goodies. Each girl has her own HPS to flower out under. I cant do the bending over a screen thing thats why I went this route.

Heres a few pics from day of flip tied em one more time after this pic and will do so during stretch. One gal is a brute and measures approx 3.5 ft across from tip to tip. They look like they will beast up nicely. Tell me what you think. Peace
DSCN1398
DSCN1394
DSCN1395
DSCN1396
DSCN1397

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Dude I was checking my plants around the scrog net and found a hermie with two busted nuts... hope my scrog net plant isn't too fuckers up. The balls were lower than the net (very limited light induced??) and I'm thinking that if anything it would just be blown around underneath. No signs of pistils dying yet. I immediately pulled it out cut it down and tossed it in a kroger bag and threw it away. Garbage!

You should be fine. Just keep an eye out for anymore and dying pistils.

Wow this is the first time I have dropped in since the OP stopped coming around. How you guyz doin.

Been working on a less is more approach (plant count) and just flipped my 2 "Bullfighter" galz to flower Sun the 22nd with a solid 14 weeks of veg time. I used the poor mans scrog looks ghetto I know but it will do the trick..... and actually hand tied each runner as they vegged with pipe cleaners to keep canopy structured and even. They are in 25 gall tubs with ROLS and some other goodies. Each girl has her own HPS to flower out under. I cant do the bending over a screen thing thats why I went this route.

Heres a few pics from day of flip tied em one more time after this pic and will do so during stretch. One gal is a brute and measures approx 3.5 ft across from tip to tip. They look like they will beast up nicely. Tell me what you think. PeaceView attachment 602705 View attachment 602706 View attachment 602707 View attachment 602708 View attachment 602709

Looking good bro! Those things are going to get huge! Should pull some nice weight from them! Good to see yea around bro!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

@jumpincactus dude I use pipe cleaners all the time. Actually right now my 250w hps is help up by 6 pieces of pipe cleaners..... I'm living on a dangerous edge there lol!

@BlackSheepOG that's that gg, right? She's moving fast. I have this purple wildfire x blackberry kush popped and growing. It is the best tasting and strongest purple strain I've ever smoke, so I'm super happy we found it. Question... do all "purple strains" need that cold temperatures to bring out the purpling or should this strain just show it when she buds?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Heres a few pics from day of flip tied em one more time after this pic and will do so during stretch. One gal is a brute and measures approx 3.5 ft across from tip to tip. They look like they will beast up nicely. Tell me what you think. PeaceView attachment 602705 View attachment 602706 View attachment 602707 View attachment 602708 View attachment 602709
Iv heard loads about the bullrider.is it is good as they say or is this your first run?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus dude I use pipe cleaners all the time. Actually right now my 250w hps is help up by 6 pieces of pipe cleaners..... I'm living on a dangerous edge there lol!

@BlackSheepOG that's that gg, right? She's moving fast. I have this purple wildfire x blackberry kush popped and growing. It is the best tasting and strongest purple strain I've ever smoke, so I'm super happy we found it. Question... do all "purple strains" need that cold temperatures to bring out the purpling or should this strain just show it when she buds?
@Stumpy420 you are hilarious dude!!!! That shits funny dont care who ya are. :D Frikkn hillbilly grower holding lights up with pipe cleaners. :p Isn't that posed to be duct tape n bailing wire. LOL......... Good to see you bro.

Top Bottom