Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

Actually here is a crappie pic but u can see the frost. Blow it up a bit and u can see how long the trics are. This little lady will be just for me to smoke. View attachment 529430

Niiiice bro! I Love RP's Skywalker Kush! In fact I have a mother I've been vegging forever! It's been about a year since I ran it last. Hmm...I think it's about time again (now that I see your pics)! This pic is from an old run under the induction light! lol. My notes just say "week 4".

17111364460478392 big

I remember mine being frosty as hell too! It had a delish lemon/fuel taste!! As I remember, it took about 9-1/2 weeks in flower to get about 20% amber. Nice meds for sure & def one of the better yielders I've run in that family! I'll probably be snipping some tommorrow. Haha. Continued success with yours! Best, Max

Max Frost

Max Frost

Hey guys...do me a quick favor pls. I started a little poll regarding breeder descriptons on thcbay. Pls drop by and cast your vote. Anything you can do to spread this would also be mucho appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Question for all you out there. Just hydrated a brick of coco and going to blend some perlite in it. What size perlite would you all recomend? Plant on doing about 25% perlite and 10% worm castings. Thanks! RB

If you can get it (the grower's supply store near me has it for $16 per very large bag) I recommend crushed pumice. I also have some small lava rock for variety :) But neither of those will crush like perlite can/will-over-time.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey y'all great news. Either my ssp selfed or she was pollinated by something. Pulled about 60 mature seeds off her so far. I'm fucking thrilled. I'm really not. Can't find a single sack anyplace and never saw a nanner. In any case I still have some huge frosty buds but I'm sick right now. Thinking about tearing the entire room down and starting over with a few ladies and my current pheno hunt. Fucking disgusted.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey y'all great news. Either my ssp selfed or she was pollinated by something. Pulled about 60 mature seeds off her so far. I'm fucking thrilled. I'm really not. Can't find a single sack anyplace and never saw a nanner. In any case I still have some huge frosty buds but I'm sick right now. Thinking about tearing the entire room down and starting over with a few ladies and my current pheno hunt. Fucking disgusted.
Sorrry to hear buddy...it gotta be dissapointing but on the bright side your still a super badass farmer!!

SourDank

SourDank

I have it where a few will for on the node that's underneath that specific flower, and you won't see it til you rape the seeded bud. I'm not sure if you already did but that's what it was when that's happened to me before homie. Sorry to hear it man, but if it were me I'd check a few buds/plants before you tear it all down. Emotions can get the best of us sometimes, you know man. Hope it was an isolated incident.

Toaster79

Toaster79

So the Dirty Harry plant that I was almost certain it's a female turned out to actually be a male. Since this plant is fucking amazing and a gorgeous representation of the Hashberry father I decided to build me a male insulation chamber and chuck some pollen. Ill go buy transparent tubs on monday and order some hepa/pollen filters. Ive already got 140mm pc fans but need to get an extra 12V power supply (maybe adjustable so I can control airflow through the chamber). Ill most likely pollenate a lower branch of each plant I have in the tent in this run and save some pollen for future grows. Let the madness begin :D

Here's the stud:

20150815 163315

20150815 163345

20150815 163417

I think I found a gem there :D

Keep it green and good karma everyone!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey, so I was thinking, would there be any reason why a plant would do just fine outside in 90+ degree weather and even seem like its really thriving but indoors in a tent at those temps not perform well at all?

The reason I ask is bc the past week and the next week its been right around 90 and some days over 90 and all my girls look like they've never been happier but my last indoor cycle I suffered tremendous heat stress and lost 1 whole plant...(which has me thinking maybe it wasn't heat stress that killed it)...OR maybe I have just prepared these plants more by giving them nutes and supplements to help them cope better with the extreme weather??? IDK...was just thinking about it and thought id ask....

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So the Dirty Harry plant that I was almost certain it's a female turned out to actually be a male. Since this plant is fucking amazing and a gorgeous representation of the Hashberry father I decided to build me a male insulation chamber and chuck some pollen. Ill go buy transparent tubs on monday and order some hepa/pollen filters. Ive already got 140mm pc fans but need to get an extra 12V power supply (maybe adjustable so I can control airflow through the chamber). Ill most likely pollenate a lower branch of each plant I have in the tent in this run and save some pollen for future grows. Let the madness begin :D

Here's the stud:

View attachment 529559

View attachment 529561

View attachment 529564

Holey Moley is that a sexy looking plant!! I can't believe it turned out to be male but either way I think you deff found a KEEPER! Great job bro!!!

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hey, so I was thinking, would there be any reason why a plant would do just fine outside in 90+ degree weather and even seem like its really thriving but indoors in a tent at those temps not perform well at all?

The reason I ask is bc the past week and the next week its been right around 90 and some days over 90 and all my girls look like they've never been happier but my last indoor cycle I suffered tremendous heat stress and lost 1 whole plant...(which has me thinking maybe it wasn't heat stress that killed it)...OR maybe I have just prepared these plants more by giving them nutes and supplements to help them cope better with the extreme weather??? IDK...was just thinking about it and thought id ask....

You've seen my plants and temps in my tent are always around 90 with lights on so I'd have to say there must be some other factors killing your plants. You have to keep in mind that plants if big enough will easily cope with those temps as long as the humidity is high enough. I keep rH at about 60% all the time. But with almost 100% and 90+ they were really thriving. But I'm reluctant to keeping humidity that high because of the LEDs and carbon filter. All of them will degrade really quickly so try to keep humidity not to go over 70%. One more thing to keep in mind is at those temps plants are gonna drink up alot more water than normally so you have to adjust your feeding schedule. Either mix weaker solution or feed say every third watering instead of every other.

Hope I gave u some useful info!

Keep it green!

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Lazerus00 in my opinion if things are kept fairly consistent it's fine. Plants indoors aren't getting the same airflow or a bunch of other things that outdoor plants become accustomed to. So if u keep ur Temps at say 78 max for 3 months then all of a sudden u spike to 90 plus it's a shock and shock negatively effects the ladies. Same plant outside has had a gradual increase in Temps then it tops at 90 gradually. Even if it stays for a while it's grew accustomed to the warm weather. But again even I that heat there is a breeze and other factors. Just one man's opinion and there are others here who can probably explain it better. I may be wrong. Lol

Tnelz

Tnelz

I have it where a few will for on the node that's underneath that specific flower, and you won't see it til you rape the seeded bud. I'm not sure if you already did but that's what it was when that's happened to me before homie. Sorry to hear it man, but if it were me I'd check a few buds/plants before you tear it all down. Emotions can get the best of us sometimes, you know man. Hope it was an isolated incident.
Thanks for the comment my brother. To be honest it's not that big a deal. Tearing down would be done for a few reasons. First I need to get my plant count down. Also I'm battling mites and I have a shit load of plants so it's harder to win although I am def winning. I've got the population way under control. Ordering some predatory mites today and I have no doubt they will finish the job. So I'd like to bleach the room A. To make sure there aren't any borg left anyplace and B. To make sure there is no pollen around. It wouldn't be a hasty thing nor would it be overly concerning. I have a great partner in my brother @Power OG. Pretty much we have everything the other has so I can replace everything. But to be honest it's time for me to find some new stuff. This pheno hunt I'm currently doing will end up giving me at least 15 ladies I'm sure. I thank u for the kind words though. Ur a great dude. Whatever happens it's all good.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Toaster79 @Tnelz thank both you guys for the input. I agree that it could prolly be the dramatic increase. I mean I was just looking for y'alls opinions bc really it coulda been a number of things from shit genetics to me over/under feeding. All the plants outside that i have look very happy and healthy esp since I got the whole Dragonfly Earth Medicine lineup... I really think they are a great company and super knowledgeable about all sorts of natural and organic ways to help my girls.

So I got a cpl xtra dollars to buy the plants a lil gift for them going from veg to bloom but not sure what I should get. Feel free to leave your opinion. The 2 choices are...
1- A 1 gallon btl of Massive bloom booster and a 1 gallon btl of Photosynthesis plus

OR

2- A re-up of all my AACT supplies (humus, EWC, insect frass, Bokashi,Bio Char, Compost, Azomoite,some microbial innoculant and kelp meal) and All supplies to make SST's (Mung Barley Alfalfa and Corn)

Both will cost me about the same and not sure which I will get more benefit from...if y'all feel like it leave yer input!

Have a great weekend farmers and hope everyone stays nice n hiiiiiiiii

Toaster79

Toaster79

I myself would certainly take the second option

@Toaster79 @Tnelz thank both you guys for the input. I agree that it could prolly be the dramatic increase. I mean I was just looking for y'alls opinions bc really it coulda been a number of things from shit genetics to me over/under feeding. All the plants outside that i have look very happy and healthy esp since I got the whole Dragonfly Earth Medicine lineup... I really think they are a great company and super knowledgeable about all sorts of natural and organic ways to help my girls.

So I got a cpl xtra dollars to buy the plants a lil gift for them going from veg to bloom but not sure what I should get. Feel free to leave your opinion. The 2 choices are...
1- A 1 gallon btl of Massive bloom booster and a 1 gallon btl of Photosynthesis plus

OR

2- A re-up of all my AACT supplies (humus, EWC, insect frass, Bokashi,Bio Char, Compost, Azomoite,some microbial innoculant and kelp meal) and All supplies to make SST's (Mung Barley Alfalfa and Corn)

Both will cost me about the same and not sure which I will get more benefit from...if y'all feel like it leave yer input!

Have a great weekend farmers and hope everyone stays nice n hiiiiiiiii

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Here's the stud:

View attachment 529559

View attachment 529561

View attachment 529564

certainly interested in what you come up with... FYI, pollen has a rather large particle size... a good quality hvac filter rated for pollen can be found in any home improvement store, adjustable is unnecessary in the power supply... my local thrift store has AC adapters on the wall in their electronics section... I get em for 2$... if yer runnin 12v fans, you need 12v... the amperage of the adapter must exceed the draw, so 2 12v400ma fans would require a 12v800ma adapter... I have a 12v200ma fan on a 12v 1000ma(1A) adapter, so I could put 4 fans if I wanted to... hope that helps to clarify, stepping the voltage down with a switchable ac adapter will just turn em off....

You've seen my plants and temps in my tent are always around 90 with lights on so I'd have to say there must be some other factors killing your plants. You have to keep in mind that plants if big enough will easily cope with those temps as long as the humidity is high enough. I keep rH at about 60% all the time. But with almost 100% and 90+ they were really thriving. But I'm reluctant to keeping humidity that high because of the LEDs and carbon filter. All of them will degrade really quickly so try to keep humidity not to go over 70%. One more thing to keep in mind is at those temps plants are gonna drink up alot more water than normally so you have to adjust your feeding schedule. Either mix weaker solution or feed say every third watering instead of every other.

Hope I gave u some useful info!

Keep it green!

I get up to 105 indoors at times... lots of air movement and water is key to dealing with high temps... my Rh is lucky to hit 20% on a rainy day... some strains just dont like it...

oh, and @Lazerus00 .... I also pick option 2...

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@SeaF0ur @Toaster79 thanks guys.....thats the way I was leaning but some people talk about how that photosynthesis plus is like a miracle liquid..Option 2 it is then!

Top Bottom