Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I've got my fingers crossed bro. Green goo apparently has found a real skunky keeper . All about that one skunky girl

these days I get infinitely more excited about the male plants I find... I need to find a catpiss cross with the stinky leaf trait...
I'm not even kidding, tiny clones are louder than some strains in full flower... I need to find that trait in a male plant.

Tnelz

Tnelz

these days I get infinitely more excited about the male plants I find... I need to find a catpiss cross with the stinky leaf trait...
I'm not even kidding, tiny clones are louder than some strains in full flower... I need to find that trait in a male plant.
In ur case I fully understand. As some males come out of this recent pop I'll keep u informed on any males I find that could be worthy of something.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Far better success cloning straight into coco or root plugs or rockwool bro. Just my opinion. Have a closer and it's no doubt easy but Imo the other ways are faster and better success. But good luck either way and that's a real nice looking lady bro!
I had no problem with a little bit of great white and fresh tap water, trim the leaves up and they did there thing! I'm actually 2 for 2. After I see a small root I stuff em in a rooter plug and into the homemade Rubbermaid aeroclone I made :) I only need a couple clones and got plenty of branches so I should be ok

4214evr

heres a whatevr post
brick in downtown sohum town square
20140821 094526

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I had no problem with a little bit of great white and fresh tap water, trim the leaves up and they did there thing! I'm actually 2 for 2. After I see a small root I stuff em in a rooter plug and into the homemade Rubbermaid aeroclone I made :) I only need a couple clones and got plenty of branches so I should be ok

>After I see a small root I stuff em in a rooter plug
>homemade Rubbermaid aeroclone I made

I fail to understand... you see root nubs and then you put them in a rapid rooter type plug... and then into the aerocloner?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

>After I see a small root I stuff em in a rooter plug
>homemade Rubbermaid aeroclone I made

I fail to understand... you see root nubs and then you put them in a rapid rooter type plug... and then into the aerocloner?
Well, yeah, I mean I would probably be alright just dipping the tip in the great white then putting them in a plug and cloner, that's just how I did it successfully my first time and got my two to root. I would like to make sure it is starting to root before I waste anymore time with it.

This is my first grow in ten years, only grew once before this. Had to throw away 8 males (2 were clones of fast males I didn't know we're males, just wanted to try cloning), I started in april, and still waiting my first harvest off the one female I have flowering.

shemshemet

shemshemet

quite interested... I grew the shit, didnt find 2 that looked the same and I cant say I found what I'd consider a keeper, but I do still have some of those beans... hopefully you pull a gem out of there.

I've grown out about a full pack of Mr nice black widow, and I will sat, haven't found 2 the same either.

All very high quality though. Some thinner longer finishing but triched out hard. Some have a crazy mango flavor. Others are in between with no super special quality, other than just all around high quality bud.

Good experience all in all, but lots of phenos

Junk

Junk

I started with a basic ebb n flo with a 50 gall rez. Everyone had me paranoid about how hard it was going from outdoor/ or indoor dirt and I to this day think is was just easier than all the hype. Follow some basic rules and with perseverance and some help along the way you will kill it with hydro.

Right on brother. I've seen people scare others away from supplementing co2. The idea being, to learn how the plant grows without it, & you will be better when you use it.

That is totally illogical. It's like saying you will be a better driver, if you learn to drive on an automatic first...then later on, learn stick shift. How is that going to make you a better driver...assuming driving stick is the end goal. I submit to you, the better stick driver, all else equal, will probably be the one who has been doing it longer.

You are still learning how to grow, whether you supplement co2 or not. In fact, I would argue that using co2 for a noob would help their cause...not hurt it. The plants are more tolerant, stronger, to buffer any mistakes you might make. All you have done is supplement the atmosphere with more co2. What is the danger here, that you will stop using co2 & fall apart? Unlikely. It's the same plant, one is just growing with more vigor. But apparently, that is a bad thing to some people? You will be a better grower if you work with less vigorous plants? It doesn't compute. I jumped right in with co2 & never looked back. If you have the funds & know how to run it in your setup safely, I would encourage it. On a limited budget, a few other things come first (good light, temps, schedule)

Hydro, I paid more attention to the warnings. "Oh, it's so picky, you have to always check your ph, you can lose a whole crop with a little mistake, it's what the terrorists want you to do, blah, blah, blah."

While most of the above is true, I tried a single DWC bucket just to see. It turns out, in my opinion, hydro is far easier than soil. I can't predict the future here, but I don't see myself going back to soil. Hydro (at least for me) is cheaper, easier, faster, stronger, higher yield, higher quality, & even though terpene tests show that soil typically has more terpenes, when hydro is done right, it smells & tastes wonderful. All the best product I've had, have been hydro.

I've been gardening (other crops) for almost 30 years. Cannabis is a hard plant to master in soil. Take that back, it's extremely hard to master in soil. Much props to those who can do it. It's a lot of work, & you have to know the timing of your plants/soil amendments like the back of your hand. That is what makes it hard in my opinion. Getting a good product from it is infinitely harder than getting good veggies or fruit.

Hydro, especially DWC, everything is instant. You mix the nutes the way someone in the know tells you to, make sure the PH is fine, air pumps working etc. Any problems (though mistakes are hard to make if you concentrate) will show up very quickly. Soil, you might massively over feed, you may not know it for a couple days, then you flush. But by then, the damage is done.

I have never lost a plant in hydro (watch me wipe out my whole crop now because I said that) I have never even burned a plant in hydro. Think about that. In hydro, I have never burned a plant. In soil it's like walking a tight rope with this plant, maintaining everything "just so." Even if you wouldn't call it burn...in soil, I would often have faint signs of +

If anything, I would push people towards hydro. Yes, mistakes can possibly be disastrous, but I find it's harder to make those mistakes than people would have you believe. & part of learning is making mistakes. You have to learn to eat it (embarrassment, admitting you made a fatal error, etc) but making any mistakes will teach you far more quickly. But really, if you get a proven recipe, all you do is "add to water & mix." So, yes, you can screw it up, the same way you could screw up a batch of brownies, or spaghetti sauce. Does that mean you are going to stick to Snicker's bars & Spaghetti=O's? It really isn't that hard.

For people like me, that have no "preference" as to medium, how can you say, "no" to cheaper, easier, faster, better? My only regret is that I didn't switch a long time ago...or even better, start with it in the first place.

shemshemet

shemshemet

You are still learning how to grow, whether you supplement co2 or not. In fact, I would argue that using co2 for a noob would help their cause...not hurt it. The plants are more tolerant, stronger, to buffer any mistakes you might make. All you have done is supplement the atmosphere with more co2. What is the danger here, that you will stop using co2 & fall apart? Unlikely. It's the same plant, one is just growing with more vigor. But apparently, that is a bad thing to some people? You will be a better grower if you work with less vigorous plants? It doesn't compute. I jumped right in with co2 & never looked back. If you have the funds & know how to run it in your setup safely, I would encourage it. On a limited budget, a few other things come first (good light, temps, schedule)

I think the reason beginners shouldn't go straight for CO2 is the expense and associated risk. See a new grower may fail in any of the parts of the grow. They can kill it kill it kill it, and get to harvest and accidentally destroy their crop (not likely, but possible). So before the shell out the cash for a CO2 system, a sealed environment, AC, hopefully multiple lights because they are setting up a CO2 system...maybe they would like to know they can pull a harvest or two before going all in.

For people like me, that have no "preference" as to medium, how can you say, "no" to cheaper, easier, faster, better? My only regret is that I didn't switch a long time ago...or even better, start with it in the first place.

I agree see with your quote that hydro is faster. But it is not inherently cheaper, easier, and "better". The soil mixes out there now are very affordable to piece together, and very easy to use. Many people, including myself, believe organically grown bud tastes and smells better. I'd wager the high is higher quality too.

Power OG

Power OG

Theres no doubt that organic will always win in the quality department. No discussion, as people we need to stop feeding into all the bull shit because people have been growing grade a organic Probiotic cannabis gor thousands of years something got lost in translation, and bam here chems yes they work,theyre fast but the damage these companies are doing to our environment is despicable, every nutrient comes in a fuckin plastic bottle so dnt even get me started. Everything you need to grow the best smelling, tasting, best high is out in nature and readily available, i use NectarForTheGods but hate the plastic bottles, so now im moving more to composting, living soils, no till pots. Better way. But not for everyone, everyone has there own lane and i respect that, ive seen beautiful hydro grows ,its just not what i want personally smoke.
Positive vibes & Respect

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Theres no doubt that organic will always win in the quality department. No discussion, as people we need to stop feeding into all the bull shit because people have been growing grade a organic Probiotic cannabis gor thousands of years something got lost in translation, and bam here chems yes they work,theyre fast but the damage these companies are doing to our environment is despicable, every nutrient comes in a fuckin plastic bottle so dnt even get me started. Everything you need to grow the best smelling, tasting, best high is out in nature and readily available, i use NectarForTheGods but hate the plastic bottles, so now im moving more to composting, living soils, no till pots. Better way. But not for everyone, everyone has there own lane and i respect that, ive seen beautiful hydro grows ,its just not what i want personally smoke.
Positive vibes & Respect
Yessir!!! I 100% agree with everything you said here!!

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Well, yeah, I mean I would probably be alright just dipping the tip in the great white then putting them in a plug and cloner, that's just how I did it successfully my first time and got my two to root. I would like to make sure it is starting to root before I waste anymore time with it.

This is my first grow in ten years, only grew once before this. Had to throw away 8 males (2 were clones of fast males I didn't know we're males, just wanted to try cloning), I started in april, and still waiting my first harvest off the one female I have flowering.

What I fail to understand is the purpose of the aerocloner considering you've already all but rooted the cuts... I've personally started considering air layering my clones in the future to keep plant counts low...

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Right on brother. I've seen people scare others away from supplementing co2. The idea being, to learn how the plant grows without it, & you will be better when you use it.

That is totally illogical. It's like saying you will be a better driver, if you learn to drive on an automatic first...then later on, learn stick shift. How is that going to make you a better driver...assuming driving stick is the end goal. I submit to you, the better stick driver, all else equal, will probably be the one who has been doing it longer.

You are still learning how to grow, whether you supplement co2 or not. In fact, I would argue that using co2 for a noob would help their cause...not hurt it. The plants are more tolerant, stronger, to buffer any mistakes you might make. All you have done is supplement the atmosphere with more co2. What is the danger here, that you will stop using co2 & fall apart? Unlikely. It's the same plant, one is just growing with more vigor. But apparentlNow, that is a bad thing to some people? You will be a better grower if you work with less vigorous plants? It doesn't compute. I jumped right in with co2 & never looked back. If you have the funds & know how to run it in your setup safely, I would encourage it. On a limited budget, a few other things come first (good light, temps, schedule)

Hydro, I paid more attention to the warnings. "Oh, it's so picky, you have to always check your ph, you can lose a whole crop with a little mistake, it's what the terrorists want you to do, blah, blah, blah."

While most of the above is true, I tried a single DWC bucket just to see. It turns out, in my opinion, hydro is far easier than soil. I can't predict the future here, but I don't see myself going back to soil. Hydro (at least for me) is cheaper, easier, faster, stronger, higher yield, higher quality, & even though terpene tests show that soil typically has more terpenes, when hydro is done right, it smells & tastes wonderful. All the best product I've had, have been hydro.

I've been gardening (other crops) for almost 30 years. Cannabis is a hard plant to master in soil. Take that back, it's extremely hard to master in soil. Much props to those who can do it. It's a lot of work, & you have to know the timing of your plants/soil amendments like the back of your hand. That is what makes it hard in my opinion. Getting a good product from it is infinitely harder than getting good veggies or fruit.

Hydro, especially DWC, everything is instant. You mix the nutes the way someone in the know tells you to, make sure the PH is fine, air pumps working etc. Any problems (though mistakes are hard to make if you concentrate) will show up very quickly. Soil, you might massively over feed, you may not know it for a couple days, then you flush. But by then, the damage is done.

I have never lost a plant in hydro (watch me wipe out my whole crop now because I said that) I have never even burned a plant in hydro. Think about that. In hydro, I have never burned a plant. In soil it's like walking a tight rope with this plant, maintaining everything "just so." Even if you wouldn't call it burn...in soil, I would often have faint signs of +

If anything, I would push people towards hydro. Yes, mistakes can possibly be disastrous, but I find it's harder to make those mistakes than people would have you believe. & part of learning is making mistakes. You have to learn to eat it (embarrassment, admitting you made a fatal error, etc) but making any mistakes will teach you far more quickly. But really, if you get a proven recipe, all you do is "add to water & mix." So, yes, you can screw it up, the same way you could screw up a batch of brownies, or spaghetti sauce. Does that mean you are going to stick to Snicker's bars & Spaghetti=O's? It really isn't that hard.

I see what your saying. I think if someone does their homework well enough, they should be employing ANY technique they can afford as long as they understand it, for example, i think your right about dwc. Seem them setup super simple and of thats the first place you look/try and put your time into researching and learning. BUT you have to remember what being a noob is like my man. You havent been a noob for thirty years yeah? Lol its easy to forget. Its overwhelming. Theres 973172638 things coming out of your brain and your freakin out trying to compile EVERYTHING youve learned, theres as much mis-information i had to learn wasnt true as there is GOOD info thatll help your grow.

meanwhile, everyone around you is killing it and suggesting 9 million different things at a time. Your supposed to learn about a ton of diff stuff and new concepts seem to pop up daily if your inquiring.... It may not seem complicated now because you went through that stage of your growlife, and your settled in your ways now but you know where most people start...in the closet with a house light. Lol. Its hard man, theres a lot to learn.

The way i see it, if your comfortable and ready, then apply. I personally supplement co2 with firmenting sugar water. Cost me 5$ to make a big 5 gallon jug of it. Its the perfect way for a beginner to introduce themselves to co2. Next crop im buying the 2 month mushroom bag from my local grow store. Supplemental co2 for 2 months for like 30$
So you see, its all about the knowledge, all about the right time for the grower. Had i put as much time into learning hydro as i did learning soil itd be no question. Every style is diff, and requires love and special knowledge it seems.

I had a buddy offer me a 1k and a floodtable a couple months ago. I said "no" because i wanted to learn my 400w first. Get my first harvest. Had someone offered me a co2 tank and burner i mightve said the same thing. Only cause...this crop for me was insanity. I was learning something new everyday and wanted to apply it to my grow. I was about to pop with all the info i was trying to keep in the foreground of my mind. It comes a lot more naturally now then it did before i flowered. Now, id be comfortable. But if you tried to shove a co2 tank and burner in my life 2 months ago i wouldve felt overwhelmed by it you know? Still trying to learn. But now, after my first crop, id be down. This would be diff if i was like...an apprentice. Someone teaching me. Etc. What i learned is...everyone is different. Everyone prefers diff stuff. Were all different levels of growers here. And appreciation for each level is necessary. I see what your saying about wanting the best setuo possible and killing it. Just sayin, keep in mind, its complicated when u first start lol. Respect.

Junk

Junk

I don't want any of this to come off as argumentative. It's all love. So please read my responses in a conversational tone...with a British accent. I feel like that best get's my tone across :P

I think the reason beginners shouldn't go straight for CO2 is the expense and associated risk. See a new grower may fail in any of the parts of the grow. They can kill it kill it kill it, and get to harvest and accidentally destroy their crop (not likely, but possible). So before the shell out the cash for a CO2 system, a sealed environment, AC, hopefully multiple lights because they are setting up a CO2 system...maybe they would like to know they can pull a harvest or two before going all in.

That's exactly what I said. If you are on a budget, it can come later, or not at all. But discouraging people from using it for any other reason...I've yet to hear anything logical. It is very easy to set up right.. & it will do nothing but help your plants. If they are gonna screw it up the run, they are gonna screw it up...regardless of the co2. In which case, everything they spent - is lost money. The fact that they are using co2, has nothing to do with, well, anything. (I think we are on the same page just saying it differently)

What is the "associated risk" you are talking about? We are talking about beginners, so I'm assuming a tank setup vs a burner. A burner...I would def not recommend to a beginner.

I agree see with your quote that hydro is faster. But it is not inherently cheaper, easier, and "better".

It's a connecting thought. If you read higher up in my post, I say "In my opinion, it's ______" Then I reference it again at the end.

Better & easier are subjective. On the latter, I don't see what the difference is between mixing stuff for soil or mixing it for water. Adding water to a bucket full of dirt, or a bucket full of water. There is more prep work in the beginning for soil. For hydro, I know my ph levels, I know what products I use...I just mix & run. There is no giant buckets & shovels & mixing amendments. Although with hydro, I do end up lugging waste water around. For me, it's quantifiably cheaper. But the point of the whole post was that a noob shouldn't be afraid to try hydro. It isn't that hard.

Many people, including myself, believe organically grown bud tastes and smells better. I'd wager the high is higher quality too.

You can include me in that group. Terpenes are measurably higher in soil. The quality of the high however, has nothing to do with the soil. Terpenes are higher, cannabinoids are different in soil. But how those all mix, then has to mix with each person's body chemistry. So, no one can really say, which will be a better high for any one person. One can only say which they find to be a better high for themselves. Personally, I like them all.

But the context of the post I replied to, & my reply, was that a beginner with a brain need not be afraid to try hydro. In my opinion, they would do quite well.

I'd love to test that theory & take a noob who has only done soil with pics of their prior runs etc. Tell em to get one DWC bucket, I'll give them a recipe to run straight through (it won't change). Then have them report back as to what they found.

I'd wager they would be quite satisfied with the product, & say it's way easier than they thought it would be.

Junk

Junk

I see what your saying. I think if someone does their homework well enough, they should be employing ANY technique they can afford as long as they understand it, for example, i think your right about dwc. Seem them setup super simple and of thats the first place you look/try and put your time into researching and learning. BUT you have to remember what being a noob is like my man. You havent been a noob for thirty years yeah? Lol its easy to forget. Its overwhelming. Theres 973172638 things coming out of your brain and your freakin out trying to compile EVERYTHING youve learned, theres as much mis-information i had to learn wasnt true as there is GOOD info thatll help your grow.

meanwhile, everyone around you is killing it and suggesting 9 million different things at a time. Your supposed to learn about a ton of diff stuff and new concepts seem to pop up daily if your inquiring.... It may not seem complicated now because you went through that stage of your growlife, and your settled in your ways now but you know where most people start...in the closet with a house light. Lol. Its hard man, theres a lot to learn.

The way i see it, if your comfortable and ready, then apply. I personally supplement co2 with firmenting sugar water. Cost me 5$ to make a big 5 gallon jug of it. Its the perfect way for a beginner to introduce themselves to co2. Next crop im buying the 2 month mushroom bag from my local grow store. Supplemental co2 for 2 months for like 30$
So you see, its all about the knowledge, all about the right time for the grower. Had i put as much time into learning hydro as i did learning soil itd be no question. Every style is diff, and requires love and special knowledge it seems.

I had a buddy offer me a 1k and a floodtable a couple months ago. I said "no" because i wanted to learn my 400w first. Get my first harvest. Had someone offered me a co2 tank and burner i mightve said the same thing. Only cause...this crop for me was insanity. I was learning something new everyday and wanted to apply it to my grow. I was about to pop with all the info i was trying to keep in the foreground of my mind. It comes a lot more naturally now then it did before i flowered. Now, id be comfortable. But if you tried to shove a co2 tank and burner in my life 2 months ago i wouldve felt overwhelmed by it you know? Still trying to learn. But now, after my first crop, id be down. This would be diff if i was like...an apprentice. Someone teaching me. Etc. What i learned is...everyone is different. Everyone prefers diff stuff. Were all different levels of growers here. And appreciation for each level is necessary. I see what your saying about wanting the best setuo possible and killing it. Just sayin, keep in mind, its complicated when u first start lol. Respect.

I would agree with almost everything you just said. My main point, is that, in my opinion, thinking that soil is less complicated is incorrect. If you want to kill it soil, you gotta know your stuff. If you want to kill it in organic soil, you have to be even better. However, it's pretty easy to buy 6 bottles of GH nutes, add water, & mix. Labor wise, easier than mixing soil.

Junk

Junk

I find soil to be more forgiving to a noob provided you dont overfeed tremendously...

Agreed. But that buffering you are talking about is exactly the thing I think is getting in the beginners way from learning what is going on. The "buffer" is a point of confusion as to whether they did something right, or wrong. It's a mystery land where you don't know what happened. I think they would learn quicker without that. Don't get me wrong, they might learn with a metaphorical slap upside the head, but at least they will know.

If all they want to do is make it through a run, I agree soil is the best bet. But this place doesn't rank highly in Google. I just checked, & unless I missed it, the search for "grow marijuana" it's not in the first 3 pages. I think the majority of people found this place in search of deeper answers. I think the majority of the people here, are dedicated to learning how to grow, highly successful runs, as opposed to just surviving one.

**Edit - Any medium is the best for those who know how to grow in it. I agree soil is the most forgiving. There isn't really a "best," I prefer hydro, but many a soil grower can outdo me any day. But I don't think a beginner should be scared away from a water medium. I think most people could handle a simple dwc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom