Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I am pretty sure it is supposed to be setup pulling the air through the carbon filter and venting outside the tent to work properly. Like so,
View attachment 554313
That is one way....here is the other...
The ducting just goes in the ceiling hole and pulls all the air out of the tent and thru the scrubber
Filter outside tent

way2green

way2green

Huh......@tnelz u know that the square footage and RH can play a significant difference in what type of filtration choices someone might choose from......although u r correct that any filtration is better than none

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I found this and a link from where it came from.
Currently the LEC 315 is available in both spectrums and delivers superior light quality. There is a full spectrum 3100K bulb that is best utilized during the flowering growth phase of a plants life. Philips also makes a 4200K bulb, which they call blue, this bulb performs better in the vegetative growth phase. So what is K? Kelvin, or Correlated Color Temperature (CCT), is the measure of a light source color appearance. Red and far red have lower Kelvin measurements, HPS bulbs are about 2000 Kelvin and appear orange-red best for flowering. Metal Halides range from Daylight blue 6000 Kelvin to Violet, Ultra-Violet 10,000 Kelvin best for use during vegetation.
Source:
Thanks bro

Junk

Junk

I am pretty sure it is supposed to be setup pulling the air through the carbon filter and venting outside the tent to work properly. Like so,
View attachment 554313
It works that way, it works pretty much every way. That's all we've been saying. If you have empirical evidence that says that one way works significantly better than the other, a few people would like to see it. Everyone who has contributed so far has said they don't notice a difference no matter how you run it.

Case in point, the way you have it set up is not the most effective. Since you are up high, you can take that sleeve off, & it becomes more effective. The life span may be a little shorter...

But the point is, your nose won't be able to tell the difference.

If you are pulling like Laz pictured, I don't see the reason for the sleeve at all. So long as the air flow is strong enough, no negative charge will be strong enough to overcome the air pressure.

But the same point applies (I've done it every possible way) my nose doesn't notice a difference.

It's like driving your car with optimally inflated tires. Sure on paper maybe it makes a difference, in real life, you aren't going to notice a gas mileage difference because your tires aren't optimally inflated. (we are still waiting to see someone come up with proof either way. No one is saying there isn't a correct way to run it, just that we haven't noticed a difference)

Junk

Junk

I found this and a link from where it came from.
Currently the LEC 315 is available in both spectrums and delivers superior light quality. There is a full spectrum 3100K bulb that is best utilized during the flowering growth phase of a plants life. Philips also makes a 4200K bulb, which they call blue, this bulb performs better in the vegetative growth phase. So what is K? Kelvin, or Correlated Color Temperature (CCT), is the measure of a light source color appearance. Red and far red have lower Kelvin measurements, HPS bulbs are about 2000 Kelvin and appear orange-red best for flowering. Metal Halides range from Daylight blue 6000 Kelvin to Violet, Ultra-Violet 10,000 Kelvin best for use during vegetation.
Source:

I haven't read the link yet, but personally, I find the Kelvin measurement to be a over emphasized. Kelvin is just a color of a piece of specific steel heated to a certain temperature.

I think much more attention needs to be paid to the spectrum.

Above that, I'll say it again...I think the future of growing is lighting recipes. You can take the same cut of GSC, & put it under every single type of light you want. Make everything else equal, & they will all yield differently. Take a different strain & do the same thing, & it will respond differently.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Ah, the thread has resumed its normal text book state. Keep the good info coming dudes.

I almost bought a conv bulb the other day by phillips. I looked at the Nanometers chart, barely any height in the blue department. The one by hortilux was off the charts, huge reading in the NM scale. But twice as much. Needless to say, most of the time in Merica you get exactly what you pay for

Junk

Junk

Ah, the thread has resumed its normal text book state. Keep the good info coming dudes.

I almost bought a conv bulb the other day by phillips. I looked at the Nanometers chart, barely any height in the blue department. The one by hortilux was off the charts, huge reading in the NM scale. But twice as much. Needless to say, most of the time in Merica you get exactly what you pay for

It's obscenely expensive.....I'm almost embarrassed to admit I use it because it's so ridiculously priced, but the Horti Blue is tremendous.

Can anyone think of any experiments for me to do this round?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

It's obscenely expensive.....I'm almost embarrassed to admit I use it because it's so ridiculously priced, but the Horti Blue is tremendous.

Can anyone think of any experiments for me to do this round?
Yeah dude, experimentally send me your horti conv bulb :) theyre like 100$ at my local shop

Truthfully im considering picking it up....bleh

Junk

Junk

Yeah dude, experimentally send me your horti conv bulb :) theyre like 100$ at my local shop

Truthfully im considering picking it up....bleh

I think I may have confused you with an idea I had. I think this run, for an experiment, during flower, I'm going to run the Blue, Horti HPS, & Horti MH....basically making my own conv bulb.

If anyone else wants to donate more light for a better spectrum hit me up lol.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

So, my pineapple kush snapped itself with its cola, i tried to duct tape it back and it worked for a while. Messed with it last night and now its leaves are starting to fail. Theres at least a qtr of bombies on the stem that snapped. Any ideas?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

It's all about the fit and sock management.In truth there are way too many companies not doing justice to their patients out there and raping medicare and medicaid. If he's getting pressure like that to the point he can't wear the prosthesis then it is either a sock management issue or he needs a new socket.Being at $8k I'm guessing the other leg is a BK or below the knee amputation.It's all about the fit,without it the prosthesis is useless.I have had many bilateral amputee patients that if you saw them on the street you'd never know.There's always hope brother. :)

Edit:I had to add this.I got out of the business because of the literal raping of medicare,medicaid,and other insurance fraud.I was there to help patients not take every last penny they had.It's a cruel,cruel business disguised as some kind of charity to these patients in need.Every business does it and we seem to accept this travesty on the people of this country as,"That's just the way it is." I call bullshit and try to do what I am able to make this godforsaken world a better place for my kids and grandkid to live in...
Both stumps are the same length above the knee. He made it through surgery but he is confused from the drugs and toxins from the dead leg that was attached to him.. thank you all and thank you god!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Huh......@tnelz u know that the square footage and RH can play a significant difference in what type of filtration choices someone might choose from......although u r correct that any filtration is better than none
I don't care what filtration one uses. A carbon filter works if u blow or suck through it. I've said this 200 times in the past two weeks. I've run them inside my tent at the beginning of my exhaust with air being sucked through and I've run them at the end of my exhaust with air being blown through. There is zero discernible difference in performance or how long they last. It simply doesn't matter.

Top Bottom