Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

So I'm no censor but this isn't something I want to see go on for 20 pages. Everyone knows what's right and what isn't. Whatever you choose to do whatever anyone chooses to do good luck. I wish you well in all you endeavors man. But I'd rather not go back and forth here on the issue. It's a thread cloging subject.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
So I'm no censor but this isn't something I want to see go on for 20 pages. Everyone knows what's right and what isn't. Whatever you choose to do whatever anyone chooses to do good luck. I wish you well in all you endeavors man. But I'd rather not go back and forth here on the issue. It's a thread cloging subject.
Right on

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

There's a huge stabilisation of the canna industry eventually coming . The playing fields are way to far apart . Small breeders -corporations ethics laws ect . In all realty the USA scene still seems stuck on the fence between hush hush and let's embrace the freedom . I'd prefer reg's to fem , however I do grow them . New room will prob be a quarter fems . If the large corps do start pulling patients the. Those that have bred and recorded the process will be covered . All industry's go through stages of progress . But it's a plant that should be shared freely where possible . Yes people should recover ur costs ect . But no U.S. Over here don't have the open slather access to clones/beans u do . Like it seems in the states if your prep aired to search and put in the effort u can find .

Here u can spend hours chasing only to bash into a brick wall after brick wall . Like my search for starfighter . 18mths umpteen days and still no banana,s . Lol if someone said bro I send you some s1's for $50 I'd be like hell yeah thanks bro I want to have your children .

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Do you think that's gonna kill the bulb early? & are you powering it with a magnetic ballast or a digital? I'm guessing it's not a "select a watt" ballast or you would be running it lower...

But if one had a select a watt type ballast I wonder if the heat issues would be the same?

I've run this same 2 bulbs (one for veg, the 2nd I only break out for flower, but identical) for over a year.
My HPS bulbs would already have visibly dimmed to a dull orange... these last longer even with the energy loss.

Why do people feel like they are entitled to a plant because they see others online sharing with one another? If you want access, it's simple... Do what the rest of us have done: spend time getting better at growing; spend time building relationships and community; take the time to create something yourself and bring something worthwhile to the table.

Any asshole can make s1 seeds. If you care about people with no access having those genetics, make the s1 seeds and start giving them away for free. Or just be honest and admit you want good money for doing very little

First, I'd be careful comparing myself to any established breeder. Yes cannaventure has released fems, but he's also been making regular seeds for a long fucking time.

I agree, ograskal has done little else besides s1 seed offerings- and 50% of those seeds will go intersex and fuck up something for someone, but all that is supposed to be justified because jackmayoffer found the 43 cut. I think ograskal could have taken a year to make regular seed crosses and offered a better product. People bought them up regardless. Personally, I admire his business acumen, but I don't commend him for his genetic contributions when literally anyone with the same plants can make the same crosses.

$50 is still gonna net good profit- look at Gu, dude finally has a "successful" (money making) business and half people praise him and half lost all respect. He writes off any "negativity" as haters and justifies his actions based on the money he pulls in. Seeds and packaging cost very little. The $5 dollars at the post office is your biggest cost.

Do you bro- all I'm saying is there are ways to do it right, and ways to do it wrong. It's there for us to see.

I know dudes who start a seed company and are hated by 60+% of the growers that have been involved with cannabis for more than 5 years, but the newbies eat that shit up thinking they are buying premium, never understanding why the rest of us talk shit.

I also know dudes who've given out hundreds of thousands of premium quality seeds for the last decade, who receive industry-wide support when they drop because we want to see them succeed.

Do you want money or do you want to be a positive contributor to the culture and industry we've created/maintained?

I know dude sorry I didn't mean to single you out, mine was a comment on the sentiment though. Sure every grower wants to grow from the best quality genetics, just as I'm sure most people who drive cars would rather drive a new BMW M5 than a 88 Honda Civic, just not everyone can afford to buy a BMW, much less the $500 oil changes and $2000 brake replacements.

Out of curiosity, has GU done something disreputable? I hadnt spoken to him online in over a year and was not aware of his relevance... either good or bad... seemed like an alright cat in my rather limited experience with him.

"Do you want money or do you want to be a positive contributor to the culture and industry we've created/maintained?"

both really... I wanna make good things foremost, but I like money, and sure as hell dont have enough...

As someone who has invested ridiculous amounts of time and effort attempting to create a new strain, I dislike the idea of someone taking my work and profiting from it (actually a seedback is about to offer the strain I worked for many years for sale) without my consent, it's not a classy move: by distributing someone else's work for money you are at once acknowledging its value and denying it to its creator.

As someone who lives in a foreign country with no access to "elite" genetics, I can see the point of making cuts available in S1 seed form available to people who wouldn't otherwise have them. Leaving aside that $50 US dollars is a lot of money in all except industrialized economies (I for one couldn't afford it), the real question here is respecting the intent of the person that originated the strain, cross or cut in question. Are the genetics free to reproduce or has a right been implicitly retained to the name and genetics?

For instance, Mr. Soul has announced that "Bros. Grimm" are coming back to offer their classic strains, is it ok for everybody and their aunt to keep selling seeds derived from their creations under the Cinderella, Apollo, Genius, etc. names? Clearly it's not ok. On the other hand, you can argue that certain cuts have been around long enough to be "public domain", or their originator has expressly or impliedly OKed their distribution so the S1 would be fine to sell. But the spirit here should be one of "paying it forward", which means not to charge more than it really cost to distribute it. Otherwise you'd be willfully ignoring the creator's intent out of greed.

I certainly agree credit should go where its due... and taking seeds from someone claiming credit is bullshit, but isnt everybody working other peoples shit at this point? I mean, I cant recall the last cat who came out of the amazon with a all new, never before seen strain.... for example, SG bought some Mendo Purps from BCBD a decade ago... he's made that many picks of his own selections to last a decade... is it still BCBDs? or is it now SG's version of mendo? I contend that he's done enough work to call it his own version, but it certainly isnt his breeding...

I think credit should be directly related to amount of work done....

"distributing someone else's work for money you are at once acknowledging its value and denying it to its creator."

but in reality people tend to circumvent all restrictions... thats why theres banks on the cayman islands...

I mean I do partly agree, but miss lucky bean is reduced to labeling crosses via (this x that) x the other) and giving things nicknames (which can certainly cause additional problems) all because the guy who 20 years ago made a cross and then of his own accord let it out now has a chapped sandpapered ass about it being public... I have cuts already that I dont give out... I'll work em, and when I'm done someone else can get a chance, but me hoarding certain cuts is just me giving myself a head start with them... I'll always be in complete ownership of any work that I've done, heralded by my similarly cultivated reputation, but "ownership" of genetics is not something I believe in personally... mainly because it stifles as opposed to encourages new creation.

I feel the same way about patents.... Imagine if the asshole who invented the telegraph was a douche about owning the very idea of "electronic signals transferred by a cable".... we'd have no telephone, tv, printed circuit board or overseas communication.

The way I see it, if someone gives me something with a restriction, I honor it simply because I said I would. Now when we're talking a cut thats been floating around for 10 years or more, theres no reasonable expectation of it being kept private in the first place... especially if I didnt even make a promise... Plus... anyone working that line in the future can always take it in their own direction... sometimes for better, sometimes for worse... I mean, just look at the mess sam the bunkman made with roadkill skunk... I sure wish more folks spread the original around as opposed to letting that asshat lose it for all intents and purposes completely.... and alter it into something unrecognizable...

LadyL.Bean

LadyL.Bean

Just to avoid confusion or anything else, it's someone I know and it's just a story I was told that I relayed that pimp t may benefit.

I'm sorry for any confusion.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
@SeaF0ur Absolutely I agree, if we can make money while positively contributing to the culture we've inherited, that is ideal.

As for Gu, well, any asshole with a book of matches can a start a fire, but most of us assholes bring our own matches, kindling and accelerant to the equation before charging for warmth.

Edit: Tnelz is bored with this exercise so that'll be it from me on this topic.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Happy New Year!!

I put 10 Goji OG seeds in water yesterday for a seed run to pay it forward to those whom have been so gracious to me. I just had a question for @SeaF0ur about his isolation chamber. What speed of fan did you use?

I was going to use it for the seedlings because last time the mites ate mine dead when they had just their first set of leaves.

How do you guys keep seedlings safe till they're big enough to handle weekly sprays for IPM? If I don't spray weekly, the mites come back.

Here's what I'm calling Slim Shady. It's a (1976 highland Thai x 1972? Afghani) X 1972? Landrace sativa unknown. This is the beginning of week 8.

View attachment 559536

It depends on your size of enclosed airspace... I had a touch of mold where my plants were too big and pressed hard to the plastic, so I upgraded again... I now have 3 120mm fans and 2 ≈ 120mm holes for fresh air intake. Everything is filtered by standard HVAC air handler filters with a Micro Particle Performance Rating @ 1000 MPR... I beefed up the foam rubber gasket as the old one was thin and tore a lil easy, and the pins you see are drilled through the plastic rims and stab dead center through the gasket keeping everything in place... you can knock the side of it and it all moves as one piece never breaking the gasket seal....

IMG 20151231 173618
IMG 20151231 173646
IMG 20151231 173538
IMG 20151231 173704
IMG 20151231 173452

fans get wired in parallels, not series... the A/C adapter must match voltage and exceed the amperage draw.

I originally picked a 12v 1500ma(1.5A) adapter for one fan @ 12v 200ma... I now have 3 fans using 12v and pulling a total of ≈ 600ma... therefore, I could double to 6 fans and my adapter would still work....

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Thinking about grabbing a 315W CMH for my old magnetic ballast. Any suggestions from those who run em? With regards to brand and pricing? Do they run at the same heat as a 400w MH?

I could be wrong, but I believe the 315w need their own specially made ballast... I think the retrofit for a 400w mag ballast is a 330wCMH bulb...

make sure you look close...

http://advancedtechlighting.com/cdmallstart.htm

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Thinking about grabbing a 315W CMH for my old magnetic ballast. Any suggestions from those who run em? With regards to brand and pricing? Do they run at the same heat as a 400w MH?

prepare your build in your mind, gather your list and post it.
I'm sure there are a few people who could benefit from seeing you build it publicly.

like me, I'd like to see. will be doing the same, going cmh..

Latest posts

Top Bottom